Author Topic: Green tea causing nausea??  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
Green tea causing nausea??
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:03:41 AM »
I am just over 3 months pregnant with twins and struggled with morning sickness for most of the first 3 months.  The past few weeks have been fine and I am eating and drinking whatever I choose with no problems-with the exception of green tea.  For some reason, whenever I drink it I get nauseous and this morning I actually threw up after having a cup.  I handle coffee and herbal teas with no problems, but green and sometimes black teas with caffeine make me so sick!!  Has anyone else noticed this?  I was trying to substitute my morning cup of coffee with green tea because I thought it would be a healthier thing to do...
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline SarahK

• Master
Re: Green tea causing nausea??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:08:27 AM »
This happens with me too - and I get a teriffic headache at the same time.  Decaf coffee does the same thing for me.  I have to eliminate all caffeine of any kind now.  I've switched to Red Raspberry tea and no problems at all - but it did take me some time to change the habit.  But after baby is born - I can handle it all again.

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:55 AM »
I had on and off nausea that I even went to the doctors for and nobody could figure it out.  I gave up green and black tea, and I noticed that I had absolutely no more nausea.  You could be having a reaction to the high fluoride content in the tea. 
I get a stomach ache drinking water from a high fluoridated source, so it could be what the connection is.
God bless your heart for twins!!!  Double the sickness, yet double the blessing.  Okay, I sound like a corny commercial for gum, here. ;)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 06:31:10 AM »
My parents "ran into" a lady this week that said she has lost 53 pounds in 4 months by doing nothing but adding green tea to her diet 3 times a day.  Changed nothing but that.  Any comments? and has anyone else heard of that helping weight loss?