Author Topic: Diverticulitis  (Read 4207 times)

Offline TruthSeeker

• Adept
Diverticulitis
« on: August 19, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »
My MIL has diverticulitis and takes Metamucil every day.  This worries my dh and I.  Does anyone know how you get diverticulitis?  Are there any natural remedies?  She just started Doug Kaufman's Phase One Diet to see if that helps.  It pretty much rids your body of yeast. I don't even know if yeast is the culprit for this disease.  Any info would be appreciated. :)

Offline andiki

• Adept
Re: Diverticulitis
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
It's funny that this topic has been read 244 times and no answer has come!!! I'd like to have answers as well because I've been told that I have diverticulosis/diverticulitis. I've dealed with constipation and bloating and gases for as long as I remember in my life. I want to improve my digestive system, really, I KNOW I NEED THAT!!! I'm nursing my 4m baby and would like some advice abot where to start. Please, if there's someone who can give me a clue, I would really appreciate it.

Andrea

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:14:12 AM »

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:33:43 AM »
I would be looking at both candida and food allergies as culprits. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:11:59 AM »
My mother was diagnosed with this a few years ago.  She used oregano tea when she felt like she had an infection coming on to wipe it out.  She does take some kind of fiber supplement.  However, she started taking cod liver oil and she has not had any problems since then.  I think it must greatly reduce intestinal inflammation.  She used to have problems horrible problems with diarrhea, but now she doesn't.  That's the extent of my knowledge in this area, but I would second the other posts about possible allergies and candida.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
I am wondering if Slippery Elm would be helpful..........it is said to really help heal the digestive tract.  ??????? Anyone?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
I am wondering if Slippery Elm would be helpful..........it is said to really help heal the digestive tract.  ??????? Anyone?

I would agree!  ;)

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
It's funny that this topic has been read 244 times and no answer has come!!! I'd like to have answers as well because I've been told that I have diverticulosis/diverticulitis. I've dealed with constipation and bloating and gases for as long as I remember in my life. I want to improve my digestive system, really, I KNOW I NEED THAT!!! I'm nursing my 4m baby and would like some advice abot where to start. Please, if there's someone who can give me a clue, I would really appreciate it.

Andrea

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/digestion_primer.html
http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/restore_digestivehealth.html

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!