Remedies & Therapies > Medicinal Herbs & Oils

Natural Sleep Aid for Children

(1/1)

still*learning:
Hello...

I have searched for this on the site and have not been able to find anything.

We are leaving soon to take my son to NYC for surgery. This is my first experience flying with two kids and being away from home for an extended period of time. We normally vacation in our home state and drive.

I found in No Greater Joy and the Bulk Herb store about how to make a tincture to aid in sleeping for children but I have never made one before and don't have the time for it prior to our trip.

Can anyone recommend a product?

THANKS so much.

ALittleMore:
I know there's probably other products out there, but if you don't find one, you can make a tea out of all those same ingredients from those tinctures and it doesn't taste bad. :)

Massaging lavender oil on your little ones chest aids in sleep. If you can find Rosewater, that mixes well, too. Both are available at health food stores, Drug Emporium, and of course online. For this, add 20 drops Lavender (or 10 drops Lavender and 20 drops Rosewater) to 1/2 cup olive oil, mix well in a bottle, and just use as much as you need to give a soothing chest massage.

Hope these help!

MQM:
I can't attest to the quality or efficacy or safety for children (although it would probably list any pertinent warnings), but for something quick...

You can find Celestial Seasonings at just about any grocery store I would think, and they haveĀ a "Sleepytime Tea" that might be effective. Just an idea.

--- Quote ---100% Natural
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, spearmint leaves, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries, and rosebuds.
--- End quote ---

healthybratt:
Thanks for trying to search before you post.  Sometimes the search engine just doesn't do everything we'd like it to do.  Here's a thread on Not Sleeping. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version