Author Topic: Woke up with Crook in my neck  (Read 12190 times)

Nickole

Woke up with Crook in my neck
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
Yeeow!  I woke up lying on my back, but yet somehow I must have slept weird at some point b/c it hurts to turn my head to the right.  I can turn it some, but not much at all.  I just finally put arnica rub in the area that *seems* to be where it's coming from.  It's not unbearable pain, but just annoying, not to mention T-Tapping is really hard when you can't "look to the left, then right, then left, then right....".  I am wondering how long it takes for this to go away, and if there is anything I need to do, and if doing stretches, which I have been doing, is helpful or not a great idea.  Yeeow - I just realized that I cannot tilt my head to the right AT ALL.  So much for the tilting head part of T-Tapp.... 

Could this be anything else besides just sleeping in a weird position?  Don't scare me now.  ;) 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Woke up with Crook in my neck
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
Ice and EFAs to take down the inflammation.
  My favorite herb book!!

Nickole

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 04:44:54 PM »
I didn't have time for ice and didn't take the EFAs b/c I don't think I have any.  Is Evening Primrose Oil one?  I have that.  I am out of CLO.  I still have some aching.  Not near as bad, but it is not gone.  What would be the protocol for ice then?     

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:53:01 AM »
I didn't have time for ice and didn't take the EFAs b/c I don't think I have any.  Is Evening Primrose Oil one?  I have that.  I am out of CLO.  I still have some aching.  Not near as bad, but it is not gone.  What would be the protocol for ice then?     
EPO without CLO will most likely cause more inflammation - not less.  Read this post for info on getting the right amounts of each fatty acid for the best effects on inflammation.

Inflammation & Diet [Recommended Dosages & Diet]

My favorite herb book!!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
Re: Woke up with Crook in my neck / neck pain
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my experience with a crook in my neck and what helped me in case it might help some one else.

Last December 2007 I woke up from a nap with pain in the left side of my neck/ extreme upper left side back and shoulder areas. Mostly the neck. The pain got worse thoughout the day until the next day the muscles on the left side of my neck were so tight that they had my head pointing to the left and stuck there.

The pain as so bad I could not turn my head or unstick it which meant I could not drive. The pain became unbearable like having labor and delivery expect for it was in my neck.

I went to the doctor and they gave me some good muscle relaxers and killer pain meds. Those only knocked me out so I did not have to feel the pain. But they were not taking the pain away. And I did not want to live forever on pain meds.

So I went to the chiropractor. They found that a neck bone had slipped out of place and was being kept out of place by the tightly contracting neck muscles there so knotted up and painful. Also the missplaced neck bone was pinching or rubbing on a nerve which contributed to the diabolical pain. I could not even lift my head up off the bed without extreme pain.

The chiropractor done several treatments on me with only little success  each day I went. I do feel they helped me but very slowly over several weeks. We could not afford to keep going.

But what really helped me right away was this :

-I started taking my typical  daily calcium pills and Vit D pills  along with potassium pills and magnesium pills.

- I took several potassium and magnesium pills at a time several times a day with 1 calicum pill with them each time. I was taking more then the bottle said to take.

With in several hours of taking the 1st dose of potassium and magnesium pills I was feeling less pain. Then by late that evening I was feeling much better. The next morning I was able to hold my head almost to normal like it should be. And the pain was almost gone but still there. After several days the pain was pretty much gone as long as I kept taking those minerals.

It was amazing, it was a miracle and worked great. Taking the potassium and magnesium along with my normal vit D and calcium worked like a charm and they worked much better then those muscle relaxers and pain meds.

I feel like those pain meds would not have healed me because they would just be masking the symptoms of something. And IMO it would appear as if the thing causing my symptoms was a lack of enough minerals in my diet so once I started taking those minerals  it done me good. I continued to take the minerals that entire month and still do to this day but I take less of them now.

But my neck just started acting up again last week so I upped the minerals again and the same day I did that I felt better again.

Calcium
Potassium
Magnesium
with Vit D

From my experience they work great!   :)

Nickole

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
Thank you so much for this post!  My crook lasted a couple months!!!!! 
Granted, I basically didn't take anything  :P, but it was very annoying.