Author Topic: Multiple Sclerosis  (Read 6643 times)

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
Multiple Sclerosis
« on: July 13, 2008, 04:19:21 AM »
   A friend of mine is concerned for a friend of hers that has MS. The lady with MS has several children, is somewhat open to natural remedys, and our friend wants to find out through me of any possible ways to help this lady. I said that I was willing to research it on the computer a bit, as my friend doesn't have one, and so I am now looking for anything related to MS here, or any links to places where any of you have found helpful information relating to MS. Any thoughts/leads would be welcome!

HB (or whoever :) ), I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this. Feel free to move.

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: Multiple Sclerosis
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »
These are several recommendations from Second Opinion Newsletter (www.secondopinionnewsletter.com, Dr. Robert J. Rowen) collected from past newsletters:

· get vitamin D level checked (25 hydroxy vitamin D). Get your levels up over 90 nmol/L.  Consider taking 5,000 units daily as a supplement, D3 only. Recommended brands are Healthy Resolve, 5,000 unit Vitamin D3, lanolin-sourced (800-728-2288); or BioTech's D3  (800-345-1199)

· VERY IMPORTANT: hyperbaric oxygen. It usually slows or halts the disease’s progression. Dr. Richard Neubauer of Florida is pioneering this field

· Swank Diet, which avoids all animal fat

· if an infection (such as Lyme disease) is the cause of MS, then the antibiotic Vibramycin can be very helpful

· one patient with confirmed MS was completely cured by using a dental appliance made by Farrand Robson of Tacoma

· mercury from fillings in your teeth could be a cause

· a metabolic program combining individually targeted nutrients and detoxification is a must for anyone with MS. Curcumin is a compound in curry may be useful in MS

· EPL may rejuvenate cell membranes; developed by Patricia Kane

· Minocycline is effective against cell-wall deficient bacteria which may cause relapsing MS

· enzymes nattokinase (from soy) and lumbrokinase (from earthworms) are effective clot and fibrin dissolvers.  Fibrin can cause fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis.

· supportive measures: high doses of vitamins B1, B6, and B12 by injection; antibiotic therapy such as Vibramycin; a Tibetan herbal product called Padma (two tablets, three times daily)

· anecdotal evidence for bee venom

· a 24-hour urine challenge test for aluminum using diferroxamine (500 mg). Remove aluminum with specific chelating agents such as silicon, which is very safe.  Recommended brand is BioSil (orthosilicic acid),  taken as six to 20 drops in half a cup of water per day.

· intravenous hydrogen peroxide

It is important to try and pinpoint the cause of a patient’s MS (infection, metals, clotting disorder, etc) in order to choose the most appropriate treatment.  Dr. Rowen has seen success with hyperbaric oxygen and strongly recommends it along with additional therapies.

You can google any of these therapies to find out more.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:26:13 PM by DHW »

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »
Thank you!  :)

Offline maceoghain

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »
BUMP! Anyone else with information on MS?

We have a close friend who is being tested for MS.

Thanks!
kate  :)
All the way my Savior leads me...

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »
mercury toxicity can often be misdiagnosed as MS or mimic those symptoms. 

test for it, treat it.  There is no guarantee that if hte person has been diagnosed with MS that this will eliminate the problems totally as damage has already been done, but it will help if it is part if not all the cause.

Find a good doctor that specializes in mercury toxicity, heavy metal toxicity or you may not get accurate info or testing done.

I'll second the vitamin D!!!  VERY important for MS

As a testimony, my friend who has MS also has mercury toxicity.  She has been treated, in part, for the mercury.  She has not had a cycle for two years, since the birth of her only child.  They were told that they may not be able to have more children b/c her MS.  Well, after treating for only 6months for mercury, she is pregnant!  Stopping treatments for mercury b/c can't do it while pregnant, but praising God as they thought that was not possible!!

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
MS question:

My friend with MS was told that she should not nurse her child past 6months- that "medical studies have shown that is the most important time to nurse" and that it is very taxing on the body, especially with her having MS.  She wanted to nurse until 1yr, but had a bad MS attack and had to have tests and treatments that required her to stop nursing cold turkey when the baby was 11months.  SHe really wants to nurse this one too, but is concerned about what the doctors are telling her about her health as a result of doing so. 

Any thoughts?  Anything she could take to help her not "deplete" her body while nursing?

Offline all4_mr_d8a

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
I realize this is an old topic, but a decent question went unanswered.  There is no reason to wean early just because Mama has MS.  It is not unusual for MS symptoms to either substantially get better or clear up entirely during pregnancy, and lactating doesn't hurt either.