Author Topic: csection scar/incision.....  (Read 3910 times)

Offline panmamma

• Adept
    • Buy toys and Help our children's home build.....
csection scar/incision.....
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »
ok, I looked, but might not have used the right wording...... anyway, is it ok to use the Eden Salve on the c/section incision? I had my c/section on the 3rd, so just a few days post surgery. Do you think it would be ok?

Deana in Taiwan
married 11 wonderful years to Luke
mommy to 4 bilingual blessings
our websites: www.mlchome.org  
www.blessedtoys.com/members/mlchome/
www.homeschoolblogger.com/panshrmu

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
Re: csection scar/incision.....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:49:01 AM »
I would wait until it is totally healed and all staples are removed. Sometimes if you keep an incision moist, it doesn't heal together properly.

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:00:30 AM »
Raw honey is wonderful to preventing scarring and to keep away infection in surgical wounds. I would have to say to wait until your staples or stiches are out. I begin to apply honey on my c scar 5 days after the c-section. But, I let the hospital early and had to go back to get my staples out. They said I had them in longer than normal but if I had them out in the hospital when I got home I would have applied honey.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:36:29 AM »
Raw honey is wonderful to preventing scarring and to keep away infection in surgical wounds. I would have to say to wait until your staples or stiches are out. I begin to apply honey on my c scar 5 days after the c-section. But, I let the hospital early and had to go back to get my staples out. They said I had them in longer than normal but if I had them out in the hospital when I got home I would have applied honey.

I have read rea11y g00d things ab0ut h0ney particu1ar1y w/ C-secti0n hea1ing, studies and such s0 g00d t0 hear it f0r rea1!!  :)

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
Thanks for posting!  I just had surgery and the scar is similar to a c-section scar (but they didn't cut into my uterus) I will have to try the honey and see what that does.
MommyGus
4yo DD: "Mom can I have a cookie?"
MommyGus: (being silly) "Say 'You are the best mom in the whole world'"
4yo DD: (being very sweet) "I love you Mom...In the best world...I love you"

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 10:48:41 AM »
Is there anything to take to help with the internal healing from a csection?  Is there any chance that comfrey tea could help with this kind of healing?  Just checking for a friend.
Thanks!
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »
Is there anything to take to help with the internal healing from a csection?  Is there any chance that comfrey tea could help with this kind of healing?  Just checking for a friend.
Thanks!

I know HB and other ladies have taken aloevera.  They say the difference on the outside is really noticeable so it must be doing alot of good on the inside too.  I haven't had the opportunity to find out yet but I plan to when I can!!  :)