Author Topic: temporary arthritis from eating a steak  (Read 2257 times)

Offline blessedmommy

• Learning
temporary arthritis from eating a steak
« on: August 16, 2006, 04:58:08 AM »
has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
thank you for any help
katie :)

Offline heatheronthehill

• Adept
Re: temporary arthritis from eating a steak
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:59:56 AM »
hmmmm...  is this organic beef with no chemicals? 

I know a lady whose arthritus flaired up after she ate potatoes of any kind.  Just one potato chip would do it for her!

Offline blessedmommy

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 05:52:08 AM »
i doubt that it was.... this was not me. my husband is a butcher and was asked by one of his customers

Offline healthy dawn

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 06:59:53 AM »
Hi, I was thinking that I was Crazy for feeling like what I ate caused an arthritis flair up!
I had ice cream 2 days ago and yesterday I had so much pain in my knee that I was limping while walking with my husband. The last time that I felt that way I had had something with high fructose corn syrup, and sugar.
I think that there are many things that are put in food that can cause these symptoms, meat has all the stuff that is fed to the cow and all the fertilizer and pestisides that are put on the corn. Could be the exact same thing that is causing all our symptoms.
Dawn

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 11:51:07 AM »
I have a friend who recently researched some problems she has been having.  She can not have beef, dairy and wheat in combination or she has terrible pains.  Individually she has no problem with any of them, but when she has all three at the same time (like a steak and cheese sub) it does her in.  Apparantly this is common in people of Scandinavian decent.   ???????  So, it could be something like that and have nothing to do with the steak she is eating.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:45:09 PM »
Actually, I think that what the person was experiencing was gout.  It is an arthritic type of pain in the knees, ankles, and other parts.  My grandfather suffered from it.  The doctors told him it was from too much rich foods like: dairy, cream, and meats. 
Now, I am all for the NT book and all, so perhaps the gout is from the rich foods that contain the chemicals.  I am not sure.  But it is true that whenever my grandfather ate these certain foods, he had a "flare-up".  Not sure if he would have had one on organic-free range meat and raw dairy.  Perhaps, it would have been different.