Author Topic: SuperMom MultiVitamins: FAQs & Answers  (Read 130224 times)

Offline Molly

• Wide Eyed
Re: SuperMom MultiVitamins: FAQs & Answers
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »
 :o Am I the only one who can't get Supermom "tabs" down the hatch!?  My husband's taken to (my!) Supermom and he's left me in the dust enjoying the benefits.  Should I just let him keep going and hand him my to-do list, or is it available in more manageable doses?  (I've tried cutting and crushing and neither seems to work well.)  Thanks!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »
Hey gals,
(and possibly gents)
I can't swallow pills at all and am very jealous of all the raves and benefits of the Supermom tabs.  How about a liquid version?  Just for thought. :)

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
For you gals that are having a hard time swallowing the SuperMom pills...

SuperMom totally breaks down in tap temperature water in 20 minutes or less.  We had a lady contact us and ask us what a dissolved SuperMom tasted like since she can't swallow pills.  Since I am a TOTAL wimp my darlin' brave hubby swallowed it down. (The things we are willing to do for our customers!!!  :o )  He said it tasted like minerally dirt.   :D  Not something that he would want to ever take again, but he didn't gag or choke at all. 

Just another option to consider!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 04:20:25 PM by StephTallent »
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline konk

• Learning
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
Good idea!  Dissolve it and swallow it down with applesauce.  I found applesauce hides most flavors very well.  You could even try crushing it and eating it in applesauce.  I used to give my daughters pills that way when they were young.   8)

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »
Applesauce may be just the man for this job!  Good thinking.
   When my Grandpa was dying of cancer last year he didn't want any pain medication, but without it I was unable to bathe him, stretch & turn him,  or change his bedding without getting popped in the nose  :o or having him tremble with pain.  Since he loved both applesauce and tapioca pudding I used to crush up two Tylenol (not quite the morphine effect, but still better than nothing) with a spoon and disguise them in in these foods.  He never even knew, so it didn't hurt his pride, and he was able to tolerate my less than expert treatments.  Obviously pudding is not the healthiest thing for you, but like I said, my homemade unsweetened applesauce worked too, so I think it's a wonderful idea.  Tylenol is soooooo bitter, that I can't imagine anything being harder to hide than that!    :P                                                            ~L

Offline AC in SC

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 07:11:30 AM »
I'm a newbie here, so pardon me if this has already been covered!

I've been taking Supermom for about three weeks and have noticed a HUGE improvement in my health.  The first week was pretty rough between detox and sugar withdrawal ("Candy Season" starts in our house around Halloween and runs until the end of April!)

By the second week I noticed improved energy levels as well as improved patience levels with my children.  Nothing irritates me as much as it used to.  Is this a side effect of de-tox?  Were the toxins in my body making me a toxic Mommy?  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not complaining!  It's nice to have this peace in my mind and in my house.  I'm just wondering if it's "normal".

AC

Offline edumom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2006, 08:35:21 AM »
 I started the SuperMom Tabs on Tuesday, I took two.  I was not prepared for what happened that evening.  I had been drinking some super greens on and off for the past 6 months, so I was not thinking that I would have a major detox on my hands.  By 6 pm Tuesday night, I had severe chills, joint pain and could not eat dinner.  As I slept, I began to have night sweats and woke up feeling completely dehydrated and had a huge headache.  I suddenly remembered, I am new to all this stuff, that I MUST DRINK WATER  :o to flush my system.  I began to drink about a gallon of water on Wednesday and by that evening my head stopped pounding and the pressure in my face went away.  I actually did take 2 more SM tabs Wednesday afternoon.  Thursday morning, I talked with my sister-in-law, who has experience with detoxing, and she assured me that all my symptoms were from detoxing.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  I was amazed.  Well, I decided to just keep taking the full dose since I had already made it through the worst of the symptoms.  I am excited to see how I feel in a few days.  Yesterday I felt human again.  I guess that is what I get for not researching before I start something.  And, boy!  I guess I had alot of toxins to get rid of!!!!!

Offline edumom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2006, 06:33:45 AM »
 ;D Yeah, today is day 5 of the SM tabs and I finally am having normal bowels again.  Last night I ate some summer sausage and my digestive track went on the warpath!  I thought I was in for a difficult night, but I woke this morning feeling okay.  I can't believe how little I am eating.  With all the water I am drinking, I am just not hungry!!  And, I can tell when I eat ANY junk food.  My stomach and intestines throw a fit.  As long as I eat fruits, veggies and small portions of meat I am okay.  I am staying away from all gluten at this point, my system does not seem to be able to digest it (I started that about 2 weeks before I began the SM tabs).  One thing my body does really seem to like right now is raw milk!  I am going to make some yogurt from it today and that should help replace all the natural flora in my intestines again.  So far, so good, praise the Lord!  I am very hopeful of being healthy soon.  I have spent too many years with too many digestive problems.  I turn 40 this year and for the first time in my life, feel like I am really understanding how my body works.  I am truly thankful to God for setting me on this path.  If anyone has dealt long (I mean lifelong) with digestive problems and has some success stories to share with me, or even some other herbal or natural health tips, please feel free to respond! 

Offline oliveoil

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 04:56:00 AM »
I have a terrible time taking pills, I have to basiclly gag myself to take them, and these Supermoms are HUGE. How do you all take these things???

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 01:10:28 PM »
I know water is better, but I take mine with a half glass of cranberry juice because it sometimes takes a few tries and if I don't mask the taste, more than just the Supermom comes back up.  :P Ah, the joys of pregnancy....  :D  Seriously, I think that despite the tablet size they are the easiest multivitamins to keep down when I am pregnant, including one that was good quality, organic, whole-food, etc.  The tricky part is getting them down to begin with, but the cranberry works for me!           ~L

Offline ecajean

• Learning
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2006, 07:47:14 AM »
My husband enjoyed the benefits of the SM tabs but decided that he also couldn't swallow the pills AT ALL! It really helped his blood sugars stay within his target range, he has type 1-no pancreatic activity-and is on an insulin pump. He did find that the spirulina tabs help with that so I've got to order more of that. I wish he could take the SM though. If he has to crush them or put them in anything he thinks it's not worth the effort,  :(

ERica

Offline phatlady

• Learning
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 07:28:55 PM »
My daughter has never been able to swallow pills. We crush her supermom pill and put it in a smoothie we make thats apple juice and frosen strawberries.Sometimes she tosses in some peach or other fruit.You cant taste the pill at all, just yummy smothie

Offline GeorgiaMom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »
Hi!

My name is Kelly and I have read the No Greater Joy newsletters in their entirety and have enjoyed the health inputs by Rebekah.  I have 4 children, 2 girls, 2 boys in that order and have suffered from PPD after all of them but probably only diagnosed after the 3rd or 4th child.  I just started taking Spirulina and am wondering about the difference between those and the supermom tablets.  Should you take both?  Or just spirulina?  What is the best conconction?  I'm sure this has already been answered but I promise you I searched through all of the threads and didn't find this specific question except that it  seems like most people talke both and NOT just Spirulina......any thoughts? Rebekah, I would appreciate your thoughts....after number 4, I finally submittied to my husbands pleas and started taking zoloft....have I noticed a difference?.......hmmmm...... I really don't know......am hoping to fix it more homeopathically....any input?  Thanks!  Am so intrigued by your family and only can hope that my 4 are as interesting as you are.

Kelly

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:52:32 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline heatheronthehill

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2006, 06:19:35 AM »
So I just took my first dose of Supermom yesterday, and I too was surprised by the bright yellow color of my urine.  I thought I remembered reading that you can have detox symptoms, so I thought it might have been that my boy was flushing out toxins.  I had other detox symptoms, including a headache all day (felt like a caffeine headache) and I was extremely thirsty - I must have drunk a gallon of fluids yesterday!  Will the bright yellow urine go back to normal once the detox is over or will it always be that way while taking this vitamin?  Just trying to know what to expect. 

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2006, 06:57:21 AM »
It will stay  yellow - the B vitamins make it yellow. Hot urine is toxic. Yellow is just extra vitamins.
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline apriljo

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2006, 06:47:13 PM »
has anyone else had the problem of being TIRED when taking these?  i'm on day 3 and i have only been taking one a day and i am so tired i have to take a nap w/ my two boys?  please help thanks.

Offline MadeAUTurn

• Learning
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »

I was tired when I first started taking SM, I think I was detoxing. I have been taking them since May and I love the way I feel. I used to take naps daily, I told my doctor I felt like a 95 year old women. He did the same blood tests all always and said the numbers were "normal". I won't go without my SM!!!! Keep going and get the rest your body needs you'll be thankful in a week or so. ;D ;D

Dona

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2006, 06:49:50 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has had side effect to SuperMom? I just started taking it about 4 days ago (only 1/2 tables 2x/day because I'm nursing a 1 month old) 2 days ago I started having a nagging, consistant "stomach" ache (maybe intestines). Last night I started having a cramp like feeling on my right side on my back (liver?), then in the middle of the night when I was up with the baby I had a really bad cramp on my left side (like menstrual cramp). I could hardly get out of bed and my husband had to get the baby for me.

When I layed on my right side the cramping went away, but the back ache is still there and my stomach/intestines still ache even today.

Could this be from the SuperMom supplement?  Please Help!!
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2006, 07:41:28 AM »
Hi, sounds like a gallbladder attack. If eating fatty foods seems to bring it on, that would be my guess. I doubt Supermom is related, except that it speeds up the detox process, and if your gallbladder was already full and your liver started shedding old toxins due to Supermom... it could have speeded up an inevitable attack.

Gallbladder symptoms are: pain beneath the right shoulder blade, pain under the rib cage, a little toward the right side, but spreading throughout the abdomen. Sometimes a feeling of constriction in the throat. Skin breakouts on face or back - oily skin. A full or "stuck feeling", and nausea.

Relief may come through laying on the right side (causes stones to fall back into the gallbladder away from opening) coughing deeply or vomiting, heat applied to the painful area, and epsom salts to open the bile ducts and relieve the pressure. 

A tablespoons of epsom salt in a cup of grapefruit juice will stall off a gallbladder attack, but you will need to do a cleanse as soon as you can.

It isn't highly recommended for nursing mothers, but I've read tons of stories on Curezone.com of pregnant and nursing mothers doing a liver/gallbladder flush with no bad side effects or milk production problems. Epsom salts are actually used to stall early labor...

To read directions on how to do a liver/gallbladder flush, go to this link:

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,940.0.html

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:35 AM »
Well, I don't eat that many fatty foods - of course when I think fatty foods I think fast foods the Burger King. And even on the rare occasion we eat there, I usually have a salad anyway. As far as at home - I use only extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil to cook with. So, what are other "fatty foods" that could bring it on?
 Sometimes a feeling of constriction in the throat. Skin breakouts on face or back - oily skin. A full or "stuck feeling", and nausea.
    I haven't had any of these symptoms.

Plus the pain on my right side may be muscular since I noticed this morning that I have been sitting on the couch where the cushions meet and my right side is lower so I wasn't sitting straight. I sit there to nurse so I've been sitting there for accumulative hours a day. :-\ Today it's better since I've went back to sitting in my wood rocking chair. 

But I did read a post this morning (can't find it now :-\) about a mom whose baby was reacting to the detox in her breastmilk. I would say this may be my baby as well. He's still in that "infant acne" stage, but this is different. It looks like a rash on his face and even has a little bit on his chest and abdomen. What was recommended in that post - and worked for her - was to take 1/2 tablet SuperMom 1x/day for a week then increase it by 1/2 a tablet each week. This helped to detox her slowly and not have so much in her breastmilk that it effected the baby.  Would this be an option for me to try?

Thanks so much for your help, Rebekah!! I sure appreciate you.
Vanessa
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline momof4boys

• Adept
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »
I am wondering if I am having side effects from Supermom.  I am taking 2 a day and have been for about 4 days.  I feel worse instead of better.  I have had a mild to moderate headache for 3 days now.  I am not sure what else to do.  Should I cut back on them?  I really want to get detoxed and feeling better.  This is just annoying having this constant headache.   :'(
Any suggestions for me?  I would really appreciate it! :)
Deanna
Faith does not deny the reality of the difficulty.
Faith declares the POWER of God in the face of it.

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
I struggled with the same annoying headache!  Two things that you can do that might help.

1.  DRINK lots and lots of water.  The more you drink and, ahem, "go" the faster the toxins can leave your system.

2.  Reduce your dosage of supermom slightly so that your body can detox a little slower and possiblly not cause you the yucky headaches.

That is my advice, but hang in there....don't give up during the detox phase.  When you come out on the other side, you will find that these are great vitamins   ;)
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline MadeAUTurn

• Learning
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »
Hi All

I just wanted to pop in and tell yall about how great I think Supermom vitamins are. When I first started taking them I felt some moderate detoxing effects. (headache, sleepiness) I also asked about how to get my nails stronger and was told Supermom vitamins should help.

It has been a bit over three months since I started the Supermoms and I feel so much better! I used to take  :-[ :-[ Trimspa and Relacore  :-[ :-[ just to stay awake through the day. If I didn't take some kind of stimulate I would take a nap halfway through the day! I have napped since starting the Supermoms, but I woke up extremally early and had a very active day so a nap was not out of line.

For several years I wanted to stop having fake nails, I have only grown my own nails once in my life, when I was pregnant. I removed my nails Memorial Day weekend. My nails are now over the tips of my fingers and strong!!!! I can not tell you how happy it makes me to not have fake nails!

I am in no way connected to Beeyoutiful.com, other than being a customer. I just wanted to tell others that are thinking about trying the Supermoms to go ahead!!!

Dona

Offline ALittleMore

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
My mom takes supermom, I've never taken it, although I've taken other large animal pills haha...

I was wondering though, does anyone else have trouble taking capsules?? ???
I can't ever seem to swallow them! They always get stuck in my throat or somewhere in my chest it seems, and it's painful!, no matter how much water I take them with or how far back I toss my head (pretty soon I'm going to be suffering from whip lash...)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2006, 09:18:43 AM »
I'm just wondering how everyone else take their supermom.  Is it better to take them both at once or one the morning and one at night?  I just take them both in the morning...

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »
I'm just wondering how everyone else take their supermom.  Is it better to take them both at once or one the morning and one at night?  I just take them both in the morning...

I take mine seperate.  I read somewhere about divding up doses of two pills being better.  I dont know if that is true, but I figured it cant hurt.  Does anyone else take extra vit. along with SM?  I've been taking herbal capsules daily and sometimes vit E as well.  It never thought this would be bad, I figured my body would get rid of what it doesnt need.  Any insight?

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
My Dad was a pharmacist.  He taught me to swallow pills using M&M's.  If they get stuck, they don't make you gag.  I graduated to capsules, then on to Supermom type pills.  I now feel like the lady who swallowed the fly  ::)  Of course I will make sure to not swallow a horse, but horse pills never give me any trouble, and I can take several pills at once.  Hey ya gotta be able to brag about something.

Here is the recommended procedure by a pharmacist.
1.  Take a big gulp of liquid preferably not water; something with taste and swallow (this gets your swallowing mechanisms going)
2. Take another mouthful of liquid--the amount you would normally fill your mouth with when you take a drink, leaving enough room for your pill.  Hold the liquid in your mouth and quickly pop the pill in, tilt your head back so that the pill goes to the back of your mouth (the mouthful of water helps the pill not stick to your tongue)
3.  In one gulp, swallow all

Practicing with M&M's is a fun way to get kids to learn to swallow pills.  I know it's sugar and not great for you, but once in a blue moon for a good cause...and if you learn quick, you get to finish the package. ;)

And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 10:02:03 AM »
We had a customer e-mail us at Beeyoutiful with these questions.  A couple of things came to mind but I have not personally had experience with any of these problems or spoken with anybody who experienced the exact same problem.  I know that there are no shellfish products used in SuperMom and that sometimes the Spirulina can increase the bio availability of sugar that has caused problems for at least one individual in the past but other than that I really don't have any insight!    Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated!  :) 

My questions are as follows:

1. My 17-year old daughter experienced severe headaches after taking just half a Supermom. We tried three days in a row before we quit. I am wondering if you have heard of anyone suffering the same side effects. She eats healthy (maybe a few too many sweets!) and is very active and athletic. She has, however, developed the same deadly allergies to shellfish as her father. Don't know if that may be relevant.

2. I have been taking a half Supermom every night before bed. Historically, I have been unable to take multi-vitamins as I get stomach flu-like symptoms. I am finding that I do not react to Supermom as violently, but, I do wake with a very dull headache (maybe I am just a whiner!). I would like to increase the dosage, but, have been unable to tolerate just yet. I am wondering - well, really, the same question as above. I have persisted taking them for about 3 1/2 weeks as they seem to have helped with low energy levels due to lack of sleep (just moved into a rental complex until house is built).

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline elif

• Learning
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »
I really don't have any answers but experienced the same thing!
I'd say just over a month ago I ordered the SuperMom tabs. I began with one tab a day for two weeks and detoxed just slightly (extra sweat for one week) but the impact on my energy level was AMAZING! I felt better THE day I began taking it. Then on week three I went to two tabs a day as recommended on the bottle label. After two days I got an AWFUL headache that had me down for three days. The first day I still took two tabs, the next day I took one and the third day I took non. Next morning the headache was gone. I took a SuperMom dose that morning and it came back. So I figured it was just some major detoxing. I stayed off the SuperMom one week and then went back to one a day with no more problems. This week, starting Sunday the 3rd I began taking two a day again and as of today (the 7th) have had no sign of a headache. I am quite healthy and the reason I began taking the SuperMom is cuz since my second child was born I've never regained my strength (she's 18 month now and my thyroid and blood test were normal)... that is until SuperMom. So, no answers, just empathy??? Hope it's helpful info for the Tallents though.
LE