Author Topic: SuperMom MultiVitamins: FAQs & Answers  (Read 130806 times)

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: SuperMom MultiVitamins: FAQs & Answers
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
I also asked the same questions, including PABA I don't recall the answers, but I know I chose to take it and all was well, and my midwife approved it.  You can search for my posts, but they are probably about two years old and I don't know how much info I listed in them.
As for the folic acid, you also get that in whole grains, etc. and the amount in Supermom is very bioavailable.  The average prenatal is not absorbed well, so in comparison I think it should be just as sufficient as long as you are eating well - but by all means take a B-complex if you feel the need; it couldn't hurt.   ~L

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »
I also asked the same questions, including PABA I don't recall the answers, but I know I chose to take it and all was well, and my midwife approved it. 
PABA = para-aminobenzoic acid is a member of the B vitamins, and is a part of the folic acid molecule.  Is in food and made by our intestinal bacteria.  Specifically it nourishes hair and is useful as a sunscreen.

Offline Mamato6

• Mama to a bunch
  • Adept
    • Modest Mama and Me
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
Ok here goes my super mom pill story.

I have major sugar cravings all the time, and those have not stopped.  Only been on the pill for 2 days now, and am waiting for the energy surge. 

I am detoxing in a big way but the 4 sodas I had this evening are not gonna help.

Also I have a question,  My hair is falling out in a BIG way,  while out with hubby I noticed some loose hairs and pulled on them and got a HANDFUL of HAIR,  hubby who is NOT into the all natural stuff, looked at me and calmly said "now that was creepy"  Is the hair falling out normal?

Also is it ok to drink my mamas brew tea while on the pills??

Thanks

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2008, 04:38:30 PM »
I have major sugar cravings all the time, and those have not stopped.  Only been on the pill for 2 days now, and am waiting for the energy surge. 

I am detoxing in a big way but the 4 sodas I had this evening are not gonna help.

I would guess (without knowing the full extent of symptoms and not being int he business of diagnosing) in my experience with others with those symptoms that you have some yeast a lurking around. 

Here are some topics about that:

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?
Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Fungal-Bacterial Infections
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions
Candida Albicans vs Other Yeasts: Are All Yeasts Created Equal

Yes, I have done this for several years.

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

I would guess (without knowing the full extent of symptoms and not being int he business of diagnosing) in my experience with others with those symptoms that you have some yeast a lurking around. 

Here are some topics about that:

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?
Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Fungal-Bacterial Infections
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions
Candida Albicans vs Other Yeasts: Are All Yeasts Created Equal

Yes, I have done this for several years.

Sarah K
Ditto OR SLS.

Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS)
Your Shampoo Might Be Your Problem: Going "No Poo"
Why and How to Skip the Soap...
Homemade Laundry Soap (Detergent Free)
Homemade Toothpaste & Other Dental Products
Toothpaste & Dental Care
Homemade Dishwasher Soap
Homemade Dish Washing Soap
Soap Making: Recipes, Tips & Tricks
Soap Nuts
Can your soap pass a drug test?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline juanitamwilliams

• Learning
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
Thanks so much for all the info on Supermom!  I have taken it in the past and just restarted!  Now I am even more excited to get with the program again once I learned what Supermom does!  It was also cool to learn why our pee is florescent!!  Please know that even though this post is from 2006, it's still extremely helpful!

Offline MelodyS

• Learning
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »
Hi,my doctor just told me that my iron is quite a bit too high. I've also read that vitamin c causes you to absorb more iron. So I'm wondering if the high amounts (833%) of vit c in the supermom pills would cause my high iron levels? I really don't want to give up my supermoms because I feel so much better when I take them!

Offline MelodyS

• Learning
« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
I have noticed that when I take my supermom supplement, my legs develop little purplish black spots like bruises, about the size of a dime or nickel. My Dr. said they are not real bruises since they are not red when they first appear, which would indicate bleeding. Also they don't hurt like a bruise. I had stopped taking the capsules for 6 months because of my high iron, but now I have started again on a lower dose and the spots are back. They don't bother me, other than being so unsightly...
I have looked online numerous times but can find no reason for this. Does anyone know what about the supermom vitamins would cause this?
I am getting a bit frustrated already because I want to take my vits, but hate the spots and can't seem to find an answer anywhere! Please help!  ???