Author Topic: Water purification with Prill Beads  (Read 10148 times)

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
Water purification with Prill Beads
« on: June 12, 2008, 04:36:24 AM »
I've decided to share what my family has been using in an attempt to clean up our water. We have a well, and the water is pretty good but we don't know exactly what is in it. Through a friend we heard about Prill beads and after researching my husband has decided that we should give them a try.

Prill beads look like bath salts, to me ;), and when they are placed in a gallon jug of water, the make the water more vital. The beads do this by making the molecular structure of the water tighter, which makes the water easier for the body to absorb. The beads also balance the pH of the water because their structure is more tightly bond. I don't quite get all of the chemistry and facts behind the beads, but I will post some articles that explain it better than me.  :D

http://www.mcyoung.com/prill.pdf

Basically, when you first get the beads, you rinse them off and place them in a gallon jar of water. After 24 hours, you can pour out three quarts of water to drink. Then just refill the jug, after initial 24 hours, you can pour off three quarts up to every hour if you like.

I will be the first to admit that this sounded strange to me and if you look at some of the sites that are selling products, they are a bit "new agey" for my liking but I can't deny the difference in our water.

Our water tastes better and when used for coffee (Shhh, don't tell anyone on WTM that we drink coffee around here ;) )and tea the taste is amazing. My husband says he can feel a difference in his skin since using the water, I haven't been as faithful in drinking water lately. But, I have poured a gallon in my bath and shaved my legs. When I got out it was like I had already put lotion on and had no cuts or nicks on my legs. The other big thing for me is that I use it to wet my crystal salt stone deodorant, which normally doesn't work that well for me, and using the Prill water, the salt works for me!! Woohoo!! My SIL has city water and it take the chlorine taste away. The water doesn't quite taste like reverse osmosis water, you know the nothingness, just cleaner.

On this site, http://www.globallight.net/Prill-Beads-3-Oz.html , you can read testimonies of people that have used the beads longer than us. They recommend to use it for other things but we haven't tried it yet so I can't testify of those mentioned working for us.

I will say again, I don't have best understanding of how they work or extreme long term use but we are happy with the Prill beads so far. I just wanted to share this information for anyone interested in a pretty inexpensive way to clean up your water.

They are also nice because you can travel with them as well. We took them with us when we went to KY and stayed at a hotel. It took the chlorine flavor out of the water and we didn't' have to buy any bottled water while we were away.

If you have questions, I will for sure try to answer them for you but I might have to ask my hubby so it might take some time to get back to you. :)

Happy reading!
Jess

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
Re: Water purification with Prill Beads
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »
Bump for anyone interested. ;)

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:33:04 AM »
Are you still using the Prill Beads?  I just came across them the other day while searching around for the Wonder Ball laundry system.  I noticed that some companies are selling them for around $20.00, but I could find them on Ebay for around $7.00. Do you know if there is a difference in "name brand" or not?  I would love to hear more about your experience with using the beads.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline wink

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:29:54 AM »
Would you use them with city water?  We moved to a house that the water pressure is so low that our RO filter doesn't make enough water for our family to drink.

Thanks

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
Would you use them with city water?  We moved to a house that the water pressure is so low that our RO filter doesn't make enough water for our family to drink.

Thanks

This is the site that I found out about them from.  I am pretty sure they use it with city water, I know for sure they mention tap.
http://www.mysticwondersinc.com/products/PrillBeads.asp

Something I am wanting to know about is how long they last.  On the mystic wonder site they say a one time purchase, but I have read on another site that they last for 10 years.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline creyente

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »
This is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has some experience with these. There's a lot on the internet about it being a scam since they claim so many health benefits, but if they filter my water for ten years it is a great deal!

Offline nana

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
This seems to be a solution to the very same problem that we have and I am definitely going to give the Prill Beads treatment and I’ll be eternally grateful to you if this works!! We have tried out everything that people have suggested to purify our well but nothing has worked till now- hopefully this will!!