Author Topic: DH's hurting wrist  (Read 2264 times)

Offline petersgirl

• Learning
DH's hurting wrist
« on: December 11, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
My husband is an electrical apprentice and so uses his wrist (right mostly) a LOT for turning screw drivers and like activity.  A couple of years ago he cut the same arm very deeply on our chicken coop.  He is experiencing pain from the repetitive movements of his job.   Does anyone have any ideas for exercises or stretches that might help and/or strengthen his wrist(s)?   Thank you!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: DH's hurting wrist
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:44:47 PM »
I don't know of any exercises for this, but it sounds much like carpal tunnel to me.  We have a thread on it which has many approaches that might help.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Causes & Cures
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline BettaGurl3

• I used to be BettaGurl3
  • Master
  • I LOVE HORSES!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:50:15 AM »
I don't know of any exercises for this, but it sounds much like carpal tunnel to me.  We have a thread on it which has many approaches that might help.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Causes & Cures
I agree with HB about the carpal tunnel ~ My Mother has it and it acts up whenever she is doing things with her hands. Such as, using scissors, sewing, basically anything that has to do with youre hands! :-\  HTH, bettagurl3 :)

Offline petersgirl

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
Thank you for your replies!   I hadn't thought to call it carpal tunnel, though that is probably what it is.   It just didn't come from some of the "usual" activities i.e. typing.   The book Pain Free - Pete Egoscue has some good info and exercises of carpal tunnel.  I will start there.