Author Topic: Treating Learning and/or Behavior Disabilities with Cod Liver Oil  (Read 4498 times)

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
I have a daughter with dyslexia and while surfing the Weston A. Price Foundation site saw this article:
http://www.westonaprice.org/children/autism.html
It is about vaccinations and such, but there is paragraph where the author tells of improvement in her son's dyslexia with Cod Liver Oil Supplements.  I did a quick google and sure enough even the main stream dyslexia websites are seeing a connection between cod liver oil (or fish oil) and improvement of not only dylexia, but ADHD and other learning disabilities.  I would like to start a thread on using supplements to help with Dyslexia, ADHD, LD, etc..  Please tell of your experience with this or if you have used other supplements in addition to the cod liver oil.  I read that it may take as long as 2 months to notice an improvement.  I also read that the dyslexic will need to continue taking the supplements to continue to see improvement. ie... When they stop taking the cod liver oil, they notice the symptoms returning.

I started my daughter on CLO this week.  About 10:30 she said, "Why do I keep burping oysters and fish?  LOL.  Anyway, I got the dosage from this Weston A Price article:
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/clarifications.html

Jammie

keysearchterms = [dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, LD, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, OCD, Bipolar Disorder, BD, Autism, Asbergers, Spectrum, Hyperactivity, Hyperactive, Anxiety, Anxious]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:24:05 AM by healthybratt »
Mrs. P

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
Re: Treating Learning and/or Behavior Disabilities with Cod Liver Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
So how has this been going?  I have a nephew that is very active and distracted easily.  Has it helped with the dyslexia?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Treating Learning and/or Behavior Disabilities with Cod Liver Oil
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
I have a son with no formal diagnosis, but definitely dyslexia and some sensory issues. One day doesn't seem to matter, but missing more than that the difference shows up immediately. When we can keep him on it consistently for months at a time, it is definitely a good thing!