Author Topic: What kind of cups?  (Read 22986 times)

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: What kind of cups?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
  I just wanted to post that I received my order from Eurodib and I am THRILLED!  I love everything.  My birthday isn't actually until next month, so I'm not allowed to use them yet :(, but everything seems to be good quality.  Some items are very lightweight, so I'm not sure how easily they might dent, but I got them for health reasons more than aesthetics and lightweight is easier for the kids to handle anyway.  And the bowls are  larger than cereal bowls (maybe 16 oz?), but filled 1/2 way will still work for the kiddos.
  And as a note on customer service, they were so kind and accommodating.  It turned out that their inventory lists were incorrect and they had no small oval plates left, so rather than make me wait they offered to give me 14" at the same price.  I'm glad because they were smaller than I thought in the other direction.
If anyone wants to order ss tableware, I would recommend them for their prices and their service.  Unfortunately, I still haven't had any luck contacting Galasource about my other order (after over a dozen calls and an e-mail) so i would not recommend them.    ~L

Offline andeebeth

• Adept
    • Our blog..
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 02:50:55 AM »
I've read that Avent sippy cups are BPA-free.

I recently took all  of my Avent cups (3 yrs old) into Babies R Us..and since they didn't have the BPA-free ones in stock yet, they gave me store credit for new ones (even though I didn't buy them there). I need the Avent bottles though, for my breastpump.

I'm wondering though, if the Avent sip cups would attach to my pump. I'd almost rather do that instead. oh well.
~andrea..wife to gabe, momy to five princes and one princess born 12/11/07~

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 03:54:44 AM »
they return sippies at any stre or just the avent or just babies r us

Offline chrissyjoymom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
I just wanted to post that I got the Foogo thermos cups for my kids the sippies and the straw ones and both of them work GREAT! My kids love them. Sometimes the ones w/ the sippie lids leak if the pieces aren't together tight enough from being knocked around or something. Than I just  screw off the top and fit the pieces together tighter and that helps! The straw ones tend to leak more often so those are "day time" cups and the other ones "night time cups". Its easier to drink jus tip the sippy up while laying down at night instead of the straw one anyways. I also got the clean Kanteens for hubby and I and I would say they are all right. Probably the best option out there. Water does NOT come out as easily as I would like (we got the sports cap, cause I don't want to have to unscrew a cap every time), but my hubby cut 1/2 the plastic "plug" off and reinserted it and its MUCH better. It will leak now if it tip it upside down though, but hey, I'm a big girl I can remember not to do that :).
Just wanted to give my reviews of the cups|
Some want to live within the sound of church and chapel bell,
I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell.
--C.T. Studd

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 03:06:40 AM »
Has anyone tried the stainless steel Safe Sippies?  They are sold at www.green-and-greener.com for $15 each.   ~L

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 02:04:45 AM »
Has anyone tried the stainless steel Safe Sippies?  They are sold at www.green-and-greener.com for $15 each.   ~L

No but that sounds awesome!!

Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline strawberry

• Learning
    • free range press
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
We use the sippies from greenfeet.com.  They use the nipples from Avent, so you can buy replacements from Target.  The same nipples used in Avent cups are used in the stainless steel sippies!  I love that.  They're $18, but totally worth it.  We only put water in them, though.  We use the Avent sippies for rice milk @ night.
mama of 5

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »
I recently have been making the move away from plastic (long time coming). Anyways i was trying to decide on what to get for the 20month old! I found 13oz stainless steel mugs for a buck! so the baby (toddler i suppose) gets that and the olders (4 and 6) get glass or coffee mugs. he loves being a big boy with his bro and sis! he is doing a really good job holding it by the handle and drinking from it! this also cuts down on the number of sippy cups i am going through a day. i realized that even though i have the olders leaving their cups on the kitchen counter and only allowed to drink there or at the table, the baby was allowed to go everywhere with his sippy cup! this not only meant missing sippys (sometimes found later with mold) but leaky messes everywhere!
   so even though it means i need to be more attentive to him since he has to ask for his cup on the counter (really not that hard ::)!) but i have to teach him to stay there and drink. he's doing a good job.
   so i need to still figure out what to do going out. usually it's trader joe's sport top water bottles- i keep a case in the van.

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 04:00:50 AM »
What about the new plastic sippy cups that are BPA free?  Are they okay?
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 05:41:29 AM »
I haven't read this whole thread to see if anyone else has mentioned this but I had a couple bpa free ones and they both got black mold on them that I couldn't get off. :P

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »
I also think the water still tastes like plastic, so that must mean something is still leaching, right?   ~L

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

I've been using them since that original post and I have no complaints.  Of course, I only use them for filtered water, so I don't know how they would be to clean if they were left out with milk in them, or such.   I highly recommend them.   ~L