Author Topic: Chicometrics  (Read 49161 times)

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
Re: Chicometrics
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
O.k.  I was only able to use chicometrics once last week.  We have the tummy sickness going on here.  I did lose three pounds last week because I haven't been eating very much.  I lost 1.5" but I don't know if I can attribute that to chico.  I'll see if I can get any exercise in this week. 

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »
Update.  I did this in December several times, and then quit for a couple weeks over the holidays.  I re-started after the new year.  So I've been doing the Chicometrics 3x/week for 3 weeks now.  I finally re-measured (I was afraid to earlier, because I was afraid I wouldn't have made any progress).  I can see in the mirror that some parts are getting trimmer.  So the grand total is: 8 inches. 

I was actually a little disappointed because I didn't lose any in my legs or arms, but my mid-section lost some.  Also, I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger.  I'm able to do exercises that were impossible when I first started this. 
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »
Would someone be so kind as to explain some of the exercises in this for me.   Do you have to get down on the floor to do any of them?  I don't want to spend money on something I'm not going to be able to do.   I am 60 and not in terrible shape but would really like to firm up.   Wouldn't mind loosing a little around the middle.   ;D   Thanks for any info.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
In the original DVD, you get down on the floor for some of the exercises, including the crunches, inner thigh exercise and lower back exercise.  The others are done either standing or sitting in a chair.  To work the obliques (love handle area), you lie on your side on the floor, with the top leg up on a chair.  You crunch sideways, if that makes sense.  To work upper and lower abs, you lie on your back with your knees bent.  You bring your knees toward your chest while you crunch your upper body at the same time.  This is kind of hard to describe.  I think the hardest exercises for me are the scoops, which work the quads.  You stand for these, and do squats while holding onto a chair for balance.  Ouch ouch ouch.

However, I know that they have a new DVD, which has one set of exercises that are done entirely in a chair--no getting down on the floor.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
Thank you thus_I_fight, That helps a lot.

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2009, 09:48:27 AM »
Does chico cleanse the lymph system, and align the body as does ttap?
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »
Does chico cleanse the lymph system, and align the body as does ttap?
  No; not to my knowledge. 
www.chicometrics.com

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
I t-tapped for a long while.  I saw inches lost in my waist and hips but my behind, thighs and calves actually got bigger.   :o  I just bought chicometrics off ebay (dvd 1) and am hoping for good success with it.  I think t-tapp just didn't work with my body type.  Also, I am a very coordinated person and I got frustrated trying to make sure my form was perfect so I would get the full benefit.  I think that is definately a downfall of t-tapp.

Anyone else out there still doing chico faithfully?  Nickredeemed?  I'd be curious how others are doing now?

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline patp

• Learning
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
Hi Patti,

I had the same feelings about ttap.  I never felt that I got the form perfect enough.

I bought the old dvd of chicometrics used on Amazon and did it 2-3 times per week for about six months.  I saw definite results after four or five sessions and continued to really tone up over time.  My legs were firmer and leaner and I had a flat stomach again for the first time since having kids.  I stopped doing it around Christmas and need to get back to doing it again.  I love it.  Good results and easy to follow moves.

Pat

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2009, 05:43:09 AM »
I t-tapped for a long while.  I saw inches lost in my waist and hips but my behind, thighs and calves actually got bigger.   :o  I just bought chicometrics off ebay (dvd 1) and am hoping for good success with it.  I think t-tapp just didn't work with my body type.  Also, I am a very coordinated person and I got frustrated trying to make sure my form was perfect so I would get the full benefit.  I think that is definately a downfall of t-tapp.

Anyone else out there still doing chico faithfully?  Nickredeemed?  I'd be curious how others are doing now?

patti
patti
What body type are you?   I feel the same way about t-tapp but am hesitant to get the chicometrics because lying on the floor is something that is really hard for me to do.   I don't really want to loose weight just firm up.   Keep us posted on your results.  Thanks

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2009, 05:55:59 AM »

patti

What body type are you?   I feel the same way about t-tapp but am hesitant to get the chicometrics because lying on the floor is something that is really hard for me to do.   I don't really want to loose weight just firm up.   Keep us posted on your results.  Thanks

I think I'm kind of a combination.  Although I'm short (5'3"), I'm not a short torso and I'm a long way from a long torso.  Someone said earlier that his newest DVD has all the exercises from a chair.  I thought about getting that one but I'm more of a floor person so I went with the first DVD.  I'll post after doing a few weeks of workouts and let you know how it's going.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline tkmuskrat

• Learning
    • www.xanga.com/tkmuskrat
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2009, 07:06:11 AM »
Hubby and I started Chicometrics this week. We (or at least I am lol) are trying to 3xs a week. Oh my goodness, what an intense workout. Its definitely doable, but hubby and I are obese, (hubby is about 300lbs and I am just under 230lbs) and have bellies that get in the way of some of the abdominal muscles. On those, we do what few we can! ::) I was able to do those sideways crunches. Monday was our first workout, hubby doesn't mind doing it too, but he said it was the first time he wasn't able to do EVERYTHING in the video (all reps and stuff) but he did say that this would probably get us in shape  ;D Yesterday I was pretty sore, I probably needed to do some more stretching, but didn't lol. Today's workout was a little more difficult because I was sore. I will probably hurt worse tomorrow LOL.

Overall, I enjoy the video (I believe we have the original on DVD), Chico is pretty funny, but not annoying hyper (like people on other videos). I can't wait to measure, I might do it this weekend, since I am doing 3 workouts a week.
Kristie M.

wife to Al, SAHM of 5

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2009, 07:19:10 AM »
Kristie,

Make sure you have at least one day between your workouts.  Your muscles need one day to recoup and strengthen between workouts.  When you workout muscle breaks down and then rebuilds.  So you need that extra day for rebuilding.

I have the original DVD also and I really like it.  I've done 2 weeks and lost about 6 or so inches.  I'm still adjusting some of the exercises to my liking.  But mostly this is an excellent workout!  And no matter how in or out of shape one is, it automatically adjusts to your level.  I'm only doing the workout twice a week right now.  While the inches aren't "falling off," they are coming off and already my muscles are much firmer. 

patti

Offline JayLynn

• Learning
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »
I've been watching this thread, and was wondweing how everyone is doing with their chicometrics workout, please keep posting.

Janel

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2009, 11:17:27 AM »
I am enjoying the chicometrics.  I missed last week because I was painting but I haven't "lost" any ground per se.  I was losing about 1" total per workout.  So in 7 workouts I lost 7."  I am getting tone and feel great.  The workout will kill ya.   ;D  But it's worth it.  I do not like the chair exercises (they feel awkward to me) so I have adapted most of them to the floor instead.  With that change, this will be my workout of choice for a long time to come, I think.  Except that with summer gardening I may do less of it because that is workout enough for me!  The biggest change I've noticed is in my week stomach muscles from having babies.  They're actually getting stronger.  I'll know I've arrived when I can actually do all the stomach exercises without a break or feeling like I'm going to die.  ;D

patti

Offline AndysJess

• Adept
  • blessed to be my husband's wife
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2009, 12:55:17 PM »
I was inspired by this thread to buy this dvd.  I have done ttapp but I get really bored and frustrated with it.  I start dreading it.  Hopefully, this will be a good one for me.  I would love it if DH would do it with me.  He hates ttapp...like a lot of others' husbands  ;D
Helpmeet to Andy for over 10 years.  Mama to Drew, Dylan, Cullen & Avery...new baby due in May 2010

Offline tkmuskrat

• Learning
    • www.xanga.com/tkmuskrat
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 06:46:11 AM »
Kristie,

Make sure you have at least one day between your workouts.  Your muscles need one day to recoup and strengthen between workouts.  When you workout muscle breaks down and then rebuilds.  So you need that extra day for rebuilding.

I know  ;) I workout on Mon-Wed-Fri , and that works well for me.

I recently went on vacation, and haven't worked out in 3 wks, but am getting back into it! Right before I left, I did some calculating and I lost 10 inches in 3 wks! I also have lost at least 5 lbs (probably more, I don't have a scale, so I weigh when I can lol)
Kristie M.

wife to Al, SAHM of 5

Offline prolifeguyswife

• Adept
    • Colorado's Personhood Amendment 2008
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
I've been watching this thread for awhile, and finally just ordered it used from Amazon. I'm excited to try it and lose some baby weight!

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2009, 08:57:36 PM »
Thank you all so much for your info on this. Has anyone found the best place to buy? and which video is the best?

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 11:06:57 AM »
I have both the original tape and the newer DVD and they are both awesome. The DVD does ave 2 workouts on it though, the regular and the golden, which is also very effective, only it is all done sitting in a chair!
 I am almost 8.5 months pregnant and have done Chicometrics successfully the entire time. I LOVE it!
try Amazon or Ebay!

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »
I am REALLY hoping this will help me lose the baby fat from 4 babies in 4 years..... newest one is 3 months old now and this thread has modivated me to get back to working out - thanks so much!
I am bidding on this on Ebay - if it does not work out, does anyone have a copy they want to sell???

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »
I am REALLY hoping this will help me lose the baby fat from 4 babies in 4 years..... newest one is 3 months old now and this thread has modivated me to get back to working out - thanks so much!
I am bidding on this on Ebay - if it does not work out, does anyone have a copy they want to sell???

Just to encourage you -  I have found Chicometrics to be the ONLY way I have lost weight in terms of exercise (I've lost other ways).  And actually, my weight hasn't really changed but I lost two sizes.  I am way more muscular (muscles weigh more then fat).  I took the summer off as I was working 3hrs a day in my garden but I will be back at chico this winter hoping to lose another ten.  I am impressed with it.  I did add some hand weights to the arm section just to make it more challenging but otherwise, it's a good workout!

patti

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
thanks so much. This is a very encouraging thread. I won the DVD on Ebay, so will start soon - maybe I can add to the encouragment soon...

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »
Winter is setting in here so I thought I'd kick up this thread again.  I took the summer off because of working so much outside but started chico again last night.  Anyone else getting back into chicometrics with the winter?  I lost another size over the summer and would love to lose another one this winter.  I do the DVD three times a week.  Thought I was going to die last night.  Sure do use different muscles in the garden then with Chico!    :o
patti

Offline Woodguymom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »
Is anyone else still doing Chicometrics?  I  just got the dvd and would like to find out what has been successful in sustaining results for other people.  What cardio and diet are you following to get results?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Angela

Offline Miss Flora

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »
I found this thread when I was searching for info on Chicometrics. To the original poster: Thank you so much for starting it up!! I'm a long-time T-Tapp user. After minimal results, I'm looking to switch to Chicometrics. One thing that caught my attention was one of the testimonials on the website: a woman wrote in to say: "I have tried Callanetics, Bar Method, T-Tapp, Firm and Cathe. I never saw any results or I got larger. I was very skeptical of Chicometrics. But, I decided to try it. Within 2 weeks I have lost 4.5". That is from my waist to my thighs. I am so very excited. I have finally found something that works!"

So I'm taking the Chicometrics plunge!! Anyone else still using Chicometrics??

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
I would love to try this but I would like to hear some results before I take the plunge.  My daughter is getting married next summer and I really would like to trim down a bit before then.   Please post if you use this and report your results.  Thanks.

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Daisey,
 I think you'd really get results fast. I only did it once at my Mom's and LOVED it! I hurt for 2 days. But the workout is SO easy. 1/2 inch moving. Mom has had good results with it. It is do able and not frustrating at all.
   Wish I had more to tell you. But it is on my list of what to get for sure!
~Em

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »
Daisey,
 I think you'd really get results fast. I only did it once at my Mom's and LOVED it! I hurt for 2 days. But the workout is SO easy. 1/2 inch moving. Mom has had good results with it. It is do able and not frustrating at all.
   Wish I had more to tell you. But it is on my list of what to get for sure!
~Em

Thank you Em..........guess I need to start looking for the DVD on ebay.   Are there different levels to choose from or is it just one DVD that covers it all?     Thanks.

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »
I have the original tape and the DVD and they both work wonderfully. I am in LOVE with Chicometrics! I also tried T-tapp and it just did not work nearly as good as Chico did.

2- 3x a week, and some walking or jogging on the other days helped me lose 2-3 pants sizes in a month.

I am about to start on it again! Love it!