Author Topic: Chicometrics  (Read 49940 times)

Nickole

Re: Chicometrics
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
How funny! It's a small world!! So is he a nice guy? He seems like such a nice person on the video!

Yes, they are a very nice family.  Their business is run out of their home.  My husband is just sure we still have the tape around here somewhere, I am going to see if I can find it.  If not, I  think I will order it too.

I high school, my family had a membership at the local racquet and fitness club.  Chico gave "Chicometrics" classes there, I remember doing them.  Since I have not had a membership since then, I have no idea if he still does them or not.

I am so excited that his videos are still out there, and that you guys have had great results.  I can't wait to start again!

He lives in Clemens, NC now, if that helps any.  The only reason I know this is b/c after I gave Ruthie my address she asked if we were anywhere near Greensboro, which had really bad tornadoes a couple days ago.  We are about 2 hours away and were there last Sat for a Scottish games, but we were a little too East to get the tornadoes, thank goodness.  Anyway, so Ruthie and I got ta talkin', lol.  Somehow it came up that Chico lives in Clemens which is supposedly not too far from us.   :-\

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »
Well my, my, Nicole... you sure did have quite a chat with Ruthie! ha ha!! Sounds like something I would do!
  I do think that Ttapp does have some of the same results as Chicometrics, so I'm sure that is what Ruthie meant. And as I previously said, if I had never tried Chicometrics I would probably be ok with ttapp, because it did help tone some and helped my back, etc -- but so does Chico! And it seems to help MUCH more than ttapp did. I am very anxious to see the results everyone else gets! I am still searching for my old videos,  I will let you gals know if I find 'em!

Nickole

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
Well my, my, Nicole... you sure did have quite a chat with Ruthie! ha ha!! Sounds like something I would do!
  I do think that Ttapp does have some of the same results as Chicometrics, so I'm sure that is what Ruthie meant. And as I previously said, if I had never tried Chicometrics I would probably be ok with ttapp, because it did help tone some and helped my back, etc -- but so does Chico! And it seems to help MUCH more than ttapp did. I am very anxious to see the results everyone else gets! I am still searching for my old videos,  I will let you gals know if I find 'em!

Lol, tonight I called Ace Hardware, the main 1-800 number from the website, to order something to deliver to a local store, and I'm asking the gal, (in a laughing tone, mind you) "do you know why in the world the Ace stores around here ALL close at 5:30?!"  My husband was like, "you asked her THAT?"  Haha, um, yeah.  I have no idea what state she is in, granted.  Like she would know.   ::)  I am not a phone person, but then when I have to call, I'm like, "blah blah blah...."  ::)

Anyway, did the chico workout tonight for the first time.  Ouch!  It seemed like it wasn't long enough, I mean it was tough, but I was wanting more exercises if that makes sense, instead of "only" (lol) 60-100 reps of each exercise.  I WILL PROBABLY THINK DIFFERENTLY IN THE MORNING, I AM AWARE OF THIS.  :D  But I will stick to it and add cardio and measure and all that.   I did not sweat at all, like I do with T-tapp, so that is a difference.  But I can see, with all those repetions, how this might give me the results I want.  I also took a pic of me in a swimsuit  :P to measure results as well.  They suggest taking a pic in the same outfit every month or whatever.  I asked hubby when we looked at the pic, "yeah, that shows my fat pretty well, huh?"  His answer: "I think that outfit will help you be able to notice results".  Haha, good answer, lol! 

I am going to add cardio during the week, but I also started taking Irish step dancing classes with my daughter last Saturday and I sweat like crazy, so that is cardio too!  My calves are still killing me.  Oh my GOSH!!!!   :o  And the insides of my knees!  :-\  Weird places...

Love the Chico guy.  He grins the whole workout and cracks me up.  My favorite is, after some glute (buns) exercises, where you do one side and then the other, he says, "it could be worse.  Suppose you had three..."   :D

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 05:19:25 AM »

Anyway, did the chico workout tonight for the first time.  Ouch!  It seemed like it wasn't long enough, I mean it was tough, but I was wanting more exercises if that makes sense, instead of "only" (lol) 60-100 reps of each exercise.  I WILL PROBABLY THINK DIFFERENTLY IN THE MORNING, I AM AWARE OF THIS.  :D  But I will stick to it and add cardio and measure and all that.   I did not sweat at all, like I do with T-tapp, so that is a difference.  But I can see, with all those repetions, how this might give me the results I want. 
Love the Chico guy.  He grins the whole workout and cracks me up.  My favorite is, after some glute (buns) exercises, where you do one side and then the other, he says, "it could be worse.  Suppose you had three..."   :D

I don't sweat when I do Chicometrics either. But I definately feel the burn. Seems like the better you get at the form the harder it is, then it gradually becomes easier as you get better. That make sense? I mean, the moves are relatively simple but you can definately feel it more if you make sure you are doing the moves like he says. I love that the video is only 45 min or so. Makes it easy to do at least twice a week.
    I love Chico too! And when he says "Inner thighs should never meet, they're not cousins you know!" ha ha! I have done the dvd dozens of times but I still smile at him each time! Ridiculous!

let us know how you're doing today Nickole!

Nickole

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »
I am not sore at all today, but I will keep it up.  T-tapp makes me "feel" so much better if that makes sense.  All limber and stretched out and everything.  I can tell after doing it that my whole entire body got a workout.  Still, I am going to try just chicometrics twice a week and cardio 3xs a week for at least a few weeks just to measure results and see what it does.   :)  I did most repetitions, but some of the "only 100" I had to do "only 70" or something, lol.  My neck hurts when I do ab stuff without support.  So I have to use one hand for support at some point. 

I laughed out loud at that inner thigh comment too!

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »
I have T-tapp book but I have only learned the half frogs, hoe downs from CD and can barely do the back stretch. I think it is very complicated to learn the moves but the cds are $$$$.  :( Is Chicometrics easier to learn?
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »
I have T-tapp book but I have only learned the half frogs, hoe downs from CD and can barely do the back stretch. I think it is very complicated to learn the moves but the cds are $$$$.  :( Is Chicometrics easier to learn?

I did Chicometrics with Rikki last week and it is not complicated at all but it was VERY intense.  I made it through but it was a struggle.  I LOVED it!  I was really burning during and long afterward.  I did it twice and was eating less and I went down a whole size in a week.  I'm not sure if that is normal or just the combo with eating less while traveling?  I am completely sold on this.

Nickole

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
I would say it is much easier, but T-tapp does have its advantages as far as working several muscles at a time, with her unique form.

Melie, thanks for that testimony!  That is encouraging!  So were you doing cardio as well?   Please keep us posted on your ongoing results!

I must say the enthusiasm of Chico makes me want to do it over and over again.   

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »
So, Rikki, are you going to ask for a "cut" of Chico's profits due to the run on his product?  ;)

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »
So, Rikki, are you going to ask for a "cut" of Chico's profits due to the run on his product?  ;)

Ha ha....maybe..... ;D  JUST KIDDING! It has just worked so well for me I really wanted to share!
  And Farm Girl - as far as comparing it to Ttapp - well they really are very different workouts! They both help tone up but the moves are completly different. Ttapp actually made my bum and legs a bit bigger, toned - but bigger! Chico slims me down and really helped with cellulite. It also really tones your arms. So don't expect your workout to be like Ttapp!
  Like I said in one of my first posts - I love Chico because my hubby will do them with me. He REFUSED to do ttapp! ha! So I love having something we can do together!

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 12:25:01 PM »
I am loving this thread and watching it w/much interest. I'm really interested in hearing about everyone's progress. I've looked into T-Tap a bit, but it is a lot of $$. And if my dh will do this w/me like Rikki's does w/her, that would be great.  :)

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 01:07:23 PM »
I've been watching too after hearing Rikki and Melie talk about it.  There's only one listed on ebay right now and I have a feeling several of us will be bidding against each other! ;)

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »
And if my dh will do this w/me like Rikki's does w/her, that would be great.  :)

I'm thinking the same thing. What made the difference Rikki? (If its ok to ask)

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
And if my dh will do this w/me like Rikki's does w/her, that would be great.  :)

you mean why will he do Chico w me and not ttapp? If that's what you're asking then here's my answer:
    Well for starters, the instructor, Chico Caldwell is a man - and the moves are not really 'girly' if that makes sense! He did ttapp with me twice and complained the whole time! Teresa Tapp got on his nerves and he really felt like the workout was geared towards women. I think it took away from his manliness! ha! And he did Chico with me a long time ago and had great results (lost 11 inches in 2 weeks!) and the whole time we were doing ttapp he would make little "I miss Chico" comments! When we started Chico again he said "whew, I'm glad to hear your voice again, Chico" ha ha!
  I was actually a bit embarrased doing ttapp with him, it was almost like watching a lifetime movie with your husband-  :D.....that all make sense?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:59:48 AM by Rikki »

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »
I've been watching too after hearing Rikki and Melie talk about it.  There's only one listed on ebay right now and I have a feeling several of us will be bidding against each other! ;)

Have you checked Amazon?  The had a few tapes that were not too $$$.  I actually like using tapes better than DVD's for workouts because if you have to stop before you are done and the tape gets removed, you don't loose your place, know what I mean?

Nickole

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
You guys have GOT to get your men to check out C.J. Carracci's Navy seal workout videos (not sure if they have them in DVD).  They are Seal team exercises, and this guy cracks us up.  He doesn't mean to, but he is hysterical to us (as he's stretching, "yeah, man, this is my brother Andre's yard.  He's some kinda nuclear guy.  Been into it too long though.  His whole family glows.  We call them the Chem-Light family".  Also, things like, "man you make the world a better place by being a better person...."  barf  :P).  He's always outside, mostly with his shirt off, so beware of that, b/c he is totally cut, lol, but it doesn't bother us.  Hey, maybe it motivates hubby, lol.  Anyway, it is isometric exercises, VERY T-tapp-ish but very manly.  It is like T-tapp for guys.  It is hard, too!  My hubby loves doing them.  We have two videos - check them out!  They get great reviews on Amazon, too.  We got the first video at an Army/Navy store.         
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 03:27:00 PM by ~nickole~ »

Offline FindingMe

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
I'm watching this thread, too... I've done T-Tapp, and while SOME of the moves I thought were really good and effective (the pretzel twist was a good one!), the workout as a whole DID make me bigger especially in the legs, even though I tried VERY hard to strictly follow her form rules. Not HUGELY bigger, but still... I didn't want to add ANY inches. I was firmer, more toned, but I thought the whole point of T-Tapp was not to bulk up at all. Plus, even though I made myself stick with it, I didn't enjoy most of it at all.  :( So this Chicometrics thing is sounding interesting... I'm so curious to see what results more people have!

You guys have GOT to get your men to check out C.J. Cassacci's Navy seal workout videos     

I couldn't find these... then found a C.J. Caracci... is this the one you were talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Navy-Seal-Workout-Challenge/dp/B0000A5BW1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1211332187&sr=8-2

Nickole

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
Yes!  That is it!  I fixed the spelling!  Sorry!  Great, he has DVDS!  We have the Workout Challenge (but not with the Buds thing like on that DVD.  Sounds like an extra feature.  Cool.)  and the Burnout PT Challenge.  Yep, that's him, his "fu man chu" moustache and all, lol.  The workouts are done with no weights or anything and you are basically standing or sitting in one place the whole time.  Reminds me of T-tapp a lot. 

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 02:19:11 AM »
Chicometrics sounds very similar to Transformetrics the Ultimate Training System.  A friend loaned be her book and I ordered both one for me and one for hubby.

every Woman's Guide to Personal Power by Wendie Pett

Isometric Power Revolution by John e. Petterson

I have read the women's book and love it.  I have read most of the men's book, but haven't quite finished it.  The main difference between the two books is that Wendie gives you the moves that help with the female struggle spots.  The men's book has more history wich is quite interesting.  They put a lot of scripture and reference to scripture :), but they also have a lot of that "if you think it, you will have it" stuff. :P

I think I might order the chicometrics just so I have someone to go along with.  I think it might help to see the positions/moves being done instead of looking at pictures. :)  I started briefly and then several family things came up and through me off the wagon.  I guess I should get back on.  I did find out that I need to follow the exstremally obese and weak program, because I am WEAK.  Thanks for starting this thread, it has encouraged me to get started again.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 02:55:21 AM »

you mean why will he do Chico w me and not ttapp? If thta's what you're asking then here's my answer:

Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks for your answer- it was very interesting. :)

Offline seekingHISheart

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 03:54:58 AM »
I just wanted to say that I have done my Chicometrics workout for the first time Monday. The next day I could not move...i discovered sore muscles I never knew I had. It took days to recover! It is amazing, because I have done many a workout and have never felt that way. So...I know I am supposed to measure after the 4th class...but...I couldnt wait. I have already lost two inches of my thighs! One workout! But let me tell you, I have suffered for it... LOL
He mentions in the video that the inches are tearing off...that is how it feels, too!!
Today I feel better so I am going to try again.
 :) :) ::)
"The greater perfection a soul aspires after, the more dependent it is upon divine grace." Brother Lawrence

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 04:47:20 AM »
Well, I got my chicometrics dvd a few weeks ago and I've done it about 4 times.  We went to visit family for several days, so I'm just starting again.  I really like the workout, but I'm trying to figure out what to do for a cardio workout to alternate with.  Anybody have some good ideas?  My goal is to get in better shape and develop a habit of exercising.  I don't really care about losing weight or size, but I need to develop better muscle tone, strength and improve my circulatory system.  I love to walk, but I have 6 young children, so getting out of the house to exercise is extremely difficult.  That's why I bought Chicometrics in the first place.  I really like that Chico and the others look like real people, not models, and they are dressed more modestly than most workout videos.  Any suggestions are appreciated!!!  BTW, my husband has done the video with me some too, Yeah!!

burlsgirl

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »
Well, I got my chicometrics dvd a few weeks ago and I've done it about 4 times.  We went to visit family for several days, so I'm just starting again.  I really like the workout, but I'm trying to figure out what to do for a cardio workout to alternate with.  Anybody have some good ideas?  My goal is to get in better shape and develop a habit of exercising.  I don't really care about losing weight or size, but I need to develop better muscle tone, strength and improve my circulatory system.  I love to walk, but I have 6 young children, so getting out of the house to exercise is extremely difficult.  That's why I bought Chicometrics in the first place.  I really like that Chico and the others look like real people, not models, and they are dressed more modestly than most workout videos.  Any suggestions are appreciated!!!  BTW, my husband has done the video with me some too, Yeah!!

Have you seen or heard of the Leslie Sansone In-Home Walking videos? I started doing them after my 2nd (of 4, so far) babies, and they are great!  There are videos that range from 1 to 5 miles. I would typically do a 2 mile tape, which is about 30 minutes.

As I was reading this thread and thinking about trying Chicometrics, I immediately thought, "I'll have to break out my Leslie Sansone dvds!!"

I've been working out w/ weights & stuff, doing The FIRM, Total Body Sculpt w/ Gilad, etc... Chicometrics sounds great, though. I only have about 10 pounds and a bout a size to lose after this last baby (one year old now, time for mommy tummy to go!).

If you're interested, You can look here: www.lesliesansone.com

I'll add that Leslie is super nice & bubbly and fun to work out with. The videos go by so fast. I've done outdoor walking and her videos, and even dh has commented that my legs get way more toned doing her stuff. AND I don't have to get out in this Southern heat!

Edited a couple of hours later to add that I won a Chicometrics dvd on ebay!! The price, including shipping was $8.97!! Can't wait to try it!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:33:29 AM by burlsgirl »

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 12:26:39 PM »
Thanks burlsgirl!  I will look into the walking videos.  Chicometrics is my first experience with workout videos, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it so far.  I did weight lifting alternating with cardio for about 7 weeks on my own a few years (and a few babies) ago.  I really loved how I felt, but I didn't keep it up.  I don't have the weights anymore, so I'm glad Chicometrics doesn't require weights.  Thanks again!

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 07:07:02 AM »
I finally got the first Chicometrics DVD off of eBay and did half the repetitions so as not to kill myself. Seems aerobic to me! pant pant!!! :P Has anyone done just Chicometrics without the aerobics and had results? Anyone do weight training with it instead? I have a Total Gym and when done without breaks is aerobic.
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 07:48:44 AM »
Chicometrics is supposed to replace weight training. It is not really supposed to be aerobic. I walked with it and had awesome results. I would also do a dance dvd with the kids (wiggles, sesame street, etc) or just stay really busy all day cleaning, etc! Just get up and get moving and it will work! The first couple times are the hardest but you will get the hang of it and eventually be able to do it all.

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:44 PM »
I just received my new dvd in the mail, and did my first session tonight.  I bought the original dvd; I found it a little cheaper on ebay. 

So, you should know that I am seriously out of shape.  I do not seek out exercise.  Even so, I was able to do most of the exercises, and most of the repetitions.  A few times I needed to take easier options, when the main exercise was almost impossible (for me).  Several times I would think the exercise was going to be really easy, until I'd done 4 or 5 repetitions, and it started to hurt.  And I only had to do, oh, 55 more.  Ouch.

So, the point is, I think this is going to be effective.  It has to be, with the way my muscles are feeling.  I'm going to be combining this with a diet plan, and try to get some cardio in there, too.  And I'm going to hurt tomorrow.  Oh, yeah.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
I finally bought a chicometrics dvd.  I used it for the first time today.  I'm more out of shape than I thought.  :o I'm going to try it again on thursday.  Dh said he would workout with me so I will hopefully get a THIRD SESSion in on sat or sun. 

How is everybody else doing?  Any inch loss to report? 

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »
I can report that the chair series is a really great pregnancy work out!

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »
I have the Chicometrics DVD and have done it ... (three times).  I'm just commenting to say that y'all have inspired me to dust it off and get after it again! Somebody ask me in two weeks how I've done... ;)