Author Topic: Chicometrics  (Read 48039 times)

Offline Rikki

• Adept
Chicometrics
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »
Anyone else out there tried Chicometrics? It's a great option if Ttapp just isn't for you.

I first tried this 4 years ago - I wanted to lose baby weight and tone up. I am 5'8" and was a sz 10-12. Within 2 weeks I had lost 11 inches and in 2 months I was down to a sz 4-6. My cellulite was GONE! 
  It is about 45 minutes long, and is a mix of callenetics and isometrics. NOT a cardio video, so you would need to do cardio 3 times a week separate from this video. But WOW it tones GREAT!! So I stayed super buff  :D ;) and toned until my 2nd baby 2 years ago. I started Chicometrics again when he was about 4 months old and in about 3 months I was down from my pregnancy sz 12 to a sz 6-8. For about a year after that I maintained my weight but didn't do Chicometrics again - we moved and over Christmas I put on a little weight and wanted to lose the rest so I bought ttapp. I tried it for a month and had ok results - I was a bit more toned but NOTHING like what Chicometrics has done for me. And it was expensive! My husband didn't even know why I tried ttapp, just because when I want to get in really good shape the Chicometrics ALWAYS did it for me! Soooo.... 2 weeks ago I started it again and am hoping to be back to my sz 4-6 SOON! I have already noticed a huge improvement in my muscles and tone in just these 2 weeks. This has worked for my mom,  2 of my cousins, my hubby, (he lost 15" in the first 2 weeks!!) and my SIL (who went from a 10 to a sz0-2!) and another good friend of mine. EVERYONE lost significant inches.
 I first read about it when it was featured on Women's World 4 yrs ago - and it has since been featured again on Women's World.

Anyway -- just thought I'd share! It has been by far one of the BEST workouts I have ever done, and I am a very athletic person naturally. It was only twice a week and combined with walking at night is what really boosted my weight loss.
I think you can buy it on www.chicometrics.com
Feel free to PM me with questions!!
I don't sell the product or anything, I was just sharing with ya'll what has worked so well for me!

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
Re: Chicometrics
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:53:55 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for sharing!  This would be nice for a change from T-Tapp!

Nickole

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED how ttapp made me feel as well - but I feel even better doing chicometrics and have personally seen results faster. Dping more cardio definetly helps, but when we were doing ttapp I was walking 3-4 miles 4-5 times a week, not to mention I am just very active during the day anyway and didn't lose the inches fast enough. I can do less walking with Chicometrics and tone up faster. And I'm serious my cellulite is almost completly gone! CRAZY! If there was no chicometrics, I would for sure be doing ttapp because it did tone and make me feel good, but I have toned up better with chico and seen results faster.
 So maybe I shouldn't have said "ttapp didn't work for me' becaues it did - just not like Chicometrics did! And Chicometrics was just twice a week and cheaper. And my hubby will do it with me - he HATED ttapp! 

Rikki, I am cutting and pasting your comment from the T-tapp thread, b/c I want to talk about this more.  I am so intrigued b/c it sounds like you and I have the same problem.  I am also very active, and adding cardio hasn't helped as much, BUT I haven't been doing it a lot either.  Anyway, I have done a ton of research in the last hour and it seems this gets great reviews but also some are saying it is like the Bar Method, which is more "professionally" done, and maybe even a little better.  BUT it is more pricey, so I was wondering if you had seen the Bar Method videos at all?  I just put them in my Netflix queue.  Hubby may make me take them off when he gets home though, lol.  Seriously...So anyway, I just wondered if you had heard of the Bar Method thing.  I want some quick results too. I just have tummy pudge that needs to go bye-bye. 

Ok, the other thing is people were saying you had to do it 5 times a week, like the video says to.  On the chicometrics.  But you are saying you did just twice a week.  What does the video recommend?  That was encouraging to hear your routine.  Then you also do cardio or what? 

Thanks!!!!!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
I have NEVER done it 5 times a week! The video says twice a week and be sure to do something aerobic with it. I have done it 3 times a week before, to get results faster but it is kinda like lifting weights, you wouldn't want to do it daily bc your muscles need to rest in between.
   I normally walk 3 miles a night with my hubby, prob 5 times a week. If I can't do that I do 30 min on the eliptical or run a mile outside. Even if I did the all that cardio I would NOT be toned without chicometrics. I love how it tones my arms too -- it is just awesome!
I have never tried the bar method (or heard of it!) I just came upon Chicometrics after reading a woman'd world and was hooked after my results! I also really like Chico Caldwell, the instructor - very down to earth and sweet. There is also a lady named Ruthie on the dvd and she is like 53 and has a CRAZY toned body for that age. She is proof it works!

I just checked to make sure and the video does say twice a week, so I'm not sure what people are talking about!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »
This is a quote from their website:

Pick the format that works best for you and do it twice a week along with your cardio workout three times per week

So maybe people are talking about doing it twice a week and cardio three times -- a total of 5 workouts a week?  ???

Nickole

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:42:06 AM »
This is a quote from their website:

Pick the format that works best for you and do it twice a week along with your cardio workout three times per week

So maybe people are talking about doing it twice a week and cardio three times -- a total of 5 workouts a week?  ???

Thank you!  That helps!!!
Yeah, I saw that older woman - she looks fantastic!!!

Nickole

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:38 AM »
Rikki, on the site you can buy the "original" workout video, the "two in one" which includes Basic and Golden, and then I am finding on Amazon Chicometrics III.  Egads, which one do I get?  Maybe that last one is the most challenging, not sure.  There is not much info on the differences, and I am not sure if it is like with T-tapp where you want to start with the 1st video or else you will not know the correct form. 

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:16:26 AM »
I just looked and I'm pretty sure that the Chicometrics III was made before the 2nd one. The 2 in one dvd is the latest one.  I have both the 1st and 2nd one and they are both great! Either one are very effective. There are some things on the 1st one that are harder than the 2nd, and a few things on the 2nd that are harder than the first. My first was on tape and we no longer have a tape player, so I do the 2nd one which is the dvd now. Nickole, you said you were working on your middle? The abs in the 1st one seem harder to me than the 2nd. Is it your abs or love handle area? The 2nd dvd has the 'golden' workout that is good for older or people who were injured and are rehabbing. And then the regular workout that I do. I wish my tape player worked because I would like to switch out and watch my first one. My hubby prefers the 1st one. ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:00:27 AM by Rikki »

Nickole

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:06:21 AM »
I just looked and I'm pretty sure that the Chicometrics III was made before the 2nd one. The 2 in one dvd is the latest one.  I have both the 1st and 2nd one and they are both great! Either one are very effective. There are some things on the 1st one that are harder than the 2nd, and a few things on the 2nd that are harder than the first. My first was on tape and we no longer have a tape player, so I do the 2nd one which is the dvd now. Nickole, you said you were working on your middle? The abs in the 1st one seem harder to me than the 2nd. Is it your abs or love handle area? The 2nd dvd has the 'golden' workout that is good for older or people who were injured and are rehabbing. And then the regular workout that I do. I wish my tape player worked because I would like to switch out and watch my first one. My hubby prefers the 1st one. ;)

The Nickole and Rikki chat thread here, goin' strong.   ::) ;D

Thanks for answering - I am really anxious to buy this b/c I am too afraid I will fall in love with the Bar Method movies from Netflix and then "have" to buy them, which are over $100.  Hubby will be happy to get another Bogart movie in now. 

Hmm, my abs seem like the love handle area.  According to T-Tapp, when she says to measure the ab area, below the navel, that is the area I am totally stuck on.  I have back fat and ab fat just on that area.  So I can't fit into most of my pants. 

So I will get the 2-in1 then.  The only thing is now I got that Lose Your Mummy Tummy book which made me realize I still have about 1.5 inches of diastasis, separation of the transverse muscle, from pregnancy years ago, so she says not to do crunches at all till I get that closed, with her excersises.  Ugh.  What to do, what to do...  That was encouraging though to see why I still have a pudge.   

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 05:46:59 AM »
Thought I'd let ya know here is a 2 in 1 dvd for sale on ebay right now - no bids and starting at $16. That'd be a good deal!
  There are crunches in both videos so not sure you'll be able to do them. My problem area is a bit on my back with love handles, but mainly my rear. I've got a bubble booty ;D - trying to get it and my legs down a bit. I'm a long torso so I have almost 6 pack abs within 6 months after my kiddos (thanks to Chico too though ;) )  So abs are always very easy for me, but the abs on these videos are pretty tough.
 Melie is coming to visit me this next week, so I will make her do the Chico a couple of times and get her opinion to post!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:10:54 AM by Rikki »

Offline flowergirl

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:07:41 AM »
LOL!  I know Chico Caldwell, I went to high school with his son.  I did Chicometrics in high school when it first came out....but I hadn't heard anyone talk about it in years.  He was a big hit around his hometown for awhile, but I guess I'm out of the loop now.  If only I still had a VCR, I could dig up and dust off my original Chicometrics.

I have been considering investing in T-Tapp, I've been trying out some exercises from her website...but now you have me thinking....maybe I'll try out Chico again.

Thanks for the memories!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:26 AM »
How funny! It's a small world!! So is he a nice guy? He seems like such a nice person on the video!

Nickole

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »
Thought I'd let ya know here is a 2 in 1 dvd for sale on ebay right now - no bids and starting at $16. That'd be a good deal!
  There are crunches in both videos so not sure you'll be able to do them. My problem area is a bit on my back with love handles, but mainly my rear. I've got a bubble booty ;D - trying to get it and my legs down a bit. I'm a long torso so I have almost 6 pack abs within 6 months after my kiddos (thanks to Chico too though ;) )  So abs are always very easy for me, but the abs on these videos are pretty tough.
 Melie is coming to visit me this next week, so I will make her do the Chico a couple of times and get her opinion to post!

Yeah, I saw it on ebay but I don't want to wait a few days!  I hate auctions - I wish they would just do a Buy It Now!  Ugh!

I will try Amazon maybe.  I think I saw it there too.

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »
ha ha!! I am the SAME way!! I want it NOW NOW NOW!! I know you can buy it on chicometrics.com and they shipped pretty fast last time I ordered.

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 07:36:14 AM »
We have a VHS player, would anyone be willing to sell their VHS tapes of this??? I'm really interested in it.

Nickole

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 08:00:46 AM »
ha ha!! I am the SAME way!! I want it NOW NOW NOW!! I know you can buy it on chicometrics.com and they shipped pretty fast last time I ordered.

I called eariler and after about 15 rings, I swear, finally a machine, but the gal works another job she says so I have to call back after 6pm.  We are in the 21 century, hello!  No online credit cards?!  Maybe I will call at like 11PM, lol!  Jk...

Ok, calm down, I am just REALLY wanting this set.   :D  I should get the 2in1 right?  Not the "basic"?
The III one was on Amazon I found out.  Glad you let me know that was the older one. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:02:17 AM by ~nickole~ »

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »
Do you think I could do this while pregnant?

Is this easier to get the right form than t-tapp?  I did t-tapp for over a year straight and didn't lose much.  I also felt that it bulked my legs and behind.  I'm a combo almost a short torso so I'm not used to having large thigns.   :(  I also don't think I ever got the basic stance down.  After reading on the forums and trying many different form tweaks I just got discouraged and stopped, especially after reading that if you have the wrong form you can actually make yourself larger. 

So anyway, what do you think?  Thanks for bringing this up!

Briana

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
The Nickole and Rikki chat thread here, goin' strong.

keep it going as long as we can eavesdrop ;D

never heard of it before...very interesting!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
The one thing I really like about T-Tapp is that you don't have to get down on the floor.   I'm not a floor person anymore.   Do you have to do that with this?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »

Is this easier to get the right form than t-tapp?  I did t-tapp for over a year straight and didn't lose much.  I also felt that it bulked my legs and behind.  I'm a combo almost a short torso so I'm not used to having large thigns.   :(  I also don't think I ever got the basic stance down.  After reading on the forums and trying many different form tweaks I just got discouraged and stopped, especially after reading that if you have the wrong form you can actually make yourself larger. 

Briana

One of the instructor ladies on the 2 in 1 dvd did it until she was 8 months preg, and started again when the baby was 2 months. She is 5'10" and a sz 8 - very toned lady!

Oh, and Nickole - I was the same way! I thought it was HILARIOUS that they didn't have online credit cards! I remember having to call back once too! I've never tried the Chicometrics III - but unless you can find the one that just says Chicometrics -that is the 1st one I was very successful with as well - or the 2 in 1 dvd.
Oh, and lewisquiverfull, I am trying to find my old video bc I had someone pm me and ask me that already. I had a couple of copies back then for friends, and if I find them I will happily pass them out for free. Trick is finding them after 2 moves and 3 years..... :D ;)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:32:04 PM by Rikki »

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »
The one thing I really like about T-Tapp is that you don't have to get down on the floor.   I'm not a floor person anymore.   Do you have to do that with this?
There are 2 workouts to choose from, on the 2 in 1 dvd, and one of the workouts you do NOT get on the floor at all

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 05:09:19 AM »
Thanks Rikki. Just pm if you find one.
This sounds great, and I too was amazed that you couldn't order online from there website!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 06:55:30 AM »
I had someone PM me this question and I can't believe I forgot to address this during my original post! This was the question:

I wanted to ask you for a comparison between that and TTapp since you have done both, and what I am wondering about is how hard it is. Not necessarily physically, cause I am sure I can work up to it eventually, but the thing that was hardest for me about TTapp was that I had to constantly think about every muscle in my body doing separate things, KWIM? There have been lots of times I didn't workout because I was mentally too tired to think about the proper form, although I could have done it physically. Any thoughts on the comparison that way?

Ok! My answer is that it is ABSOLUTELY easier than ttapp form wise! The first couple of weeks on ttapp is spent trying to perfect the moves because they are SO CONFUSING!! Of course once you get them down it is better, but with Chicometrics it is pretty easy from the beginning. Physically it is just as hard, (if not harder!) than ttapp, but the moves anyone can do. I was in basketball, track, softball, dance and cheerleading (eeeck not necessarily PROUD of that one...hee hee ::)) and ttapp was still hard for me to catch on to some of the moves. I sure wondered how all you ladies who had never done anything like that caught on without getting discouraged! Because whew -- it was different!! So my answer is this: when you do chicometrics you of course want to make sure your form is correct, but ANYONE can do it, the form is not difficult. My 50 yo mom who is not at all athletic and pretty out of shape - was able to easily do the moves. That all make sense?

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 07:32:37 AM »

Briana

I too am a combo almost short torso and had the same problem.  I have never had big thighs or butt till doing ttapp.(I carrry extra weight in my torso,--back fat, tummy, apron area)  I did loose inches on my torso/waist, but I couldn't figure out why my thighs and bum were getting bigger!  I was sure that my form was correct, but I still had this problem.  I began wondering if my fat was just redistributing itself ::). I also got discouraged with the amount of concentration needed to keep perfect form, so I never got much past basic +.   I also am a less to loose, only a size or about 10 lbs, but I want it off NOW!!!!  I might have to give this a try!

Nickole

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
So Ruthie is the gal on that answering machine, the 58 year old on the video and on the website that looks incredible!  I just talked to her!  Funny, when I first heard her answering machine, I thought it sounded like how that tiny short gal with glasses on the website would sound  :D, lol.  Sure enough, it was her!  She is really nice.  She recommends 2-3 times  week for the video (no more than 3, and at least 2) and 3 days of cardio as well.  I hope can do that.  She had some great tips and when I asked her if she had heard of T-tapp she said some gal called her a while ago saying she was doing T-tapp but was hesitant about buying another video, but then like months later she called back b/c she was not getting results she wanted, and ordered the video, and got much quicker results.  Ended up, that was the one who called Woman's World and got the article out there that is on the site.  Thought that was interesting.  Anyway, can't wait to get my video!!! 

Oh, Ruthie also said she got too skinny, so has put on a few needed pounds.  So chicometrics might make you TOO skinny, lol!  Jk, but I liked the sound of THAT!   :)

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »
So Ruthie is the gal on that answering machine, the 58 year old on the video and on the website that looks incredible!  I just talked to her!  Funny, when I first heard her answering machine, I thought it sounded like how that tiny short gal with glasses on the website would sound  :D, lol.  Sure enough, it was her!  She is really nice.  She recommends 2-3 times  week for the video (no more than 3, and at least 2) and 3 days of cardio as well.  I hope can do that.  She had some great tips and when I asked her if she had heard of T-tapp she said some gal called her a while ago saying she was doing T-tapp but was hesitant about buying another video, but then like months later she called back b/c she was not getting results she wanted, and ordered the video, and got much quicker results.  Ended up, that was the one who called Woman's World and got the article out there that is on the site.  Thought that was interesting.  Anyway, can't wait to get my video!!! 

Oh, Ruthie also said she got too skinny, so has put on a few needed pounds.  So chicometrics might make you TOO skinny, lol!  Jk, but I liked the sound of THAT!   :)

When I ordered mine I talked to Ruthie too! I knew it was her instantly because I had done the video for a while and was now ordering the 2 in 1 dvd. She was SUPER nice and very helpful to me as well. I didn't realize she was 58! WOWZA! She is crazy toned on the video, whew, I hope I look like that at 58! ;)
 Very interesting about the Woman's World article...I didn't know that! I have read several review on Chicometrics.com saying they tried ttapp and it didn't work, and Chico did. So hmmmm....guess we'll see how it goes for you gals! I'm super pumped to have a friend doing Chicometrics! :D :D

Nickole

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »
She just had her b-day but she was a few years younger on the video.  She was 53 on that testimony page.  She agreed that the program is similar to T-tapp (you probably know better, Rikki, but it seemed to me there are some similarities, like isometrics), so perhaps if any other T-tappers out there are "stuck", maybe one reason is that the body just gets used to the same program over and over, then adding this in might help.  I can see myself still doing T-tapp every now and then, esp. the step workout for cardio.   But I am so so excited - I will definately be posting my results here!

Oh, Ruthie HAS had children - I asked, lol!  She totally looks like a "Ruthie", doesn't she?  I know another Ruth that has gone by Ruthie and she is really short (like under 5 feet too) and wears glasses too, lol. 

Oh, there are testimonies on the website.  I am like that bikini girl, Becky, that had the pudgy belly.  Not too much to lose, but that pudge.  Hope I look like the "after" pic one day!  Chicometrics apparently gives you a really nice tan too!   :D   

That reminds me - I'm gonna take a "before" pic.   :P

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
Can anyone tell me how the people are dressed on the video/DVD? Are they just dressed like they are on the "Meet the Chicometrics team" page on their web site here:

http://www.chicometrics.com/theChicoMetricsProgram.php

Offline flowergirl

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
How funny! It's a small world!! So is he a nice guy? He seems like such a nice person on the video!

Yes, they are a very nice family.  Their business is run out of their home.  My husband is just sure we still have the tape around here somewhere, I am going to see if I can find it.  If not, I  think I will order it too.

I high school, my family had a membership at the local racquet and fitness club.  Chico gave "Chicometrics" classes there, I remember doing them.  Since I have not had a membership since then, I have no idea if he still does them or not.

I am so excited that his videos are still out there, and that you guys have had great results.  I can't wait to start again!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Can anyone tell me how the people are dressed on the video/DVD? Are they just dressed like they are on the "Meet the Chicometrics team" page on their web site here:

http://www.chicometrics.com/theChicoMetricsProgram.php

Yes they are all wearing shorts and t shirts - nothing at all revealing! Exactly what is in those pics is what they are wearing!