Author Topic: pre-pregnancy & Yeast Assassin  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Ruby

• Adept
pre-pregnancy & Yeast Assassin
« on: July 31, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »
I think I saw this question before, but could never find the answer in any of the posts.  Maybe that's because no one really knows, which is fine.  Just thought I'd ask once more.  How long after taking YA do we need to wait before trying to get pregnant?  I've been looking up the individual herbs, but I can't find any really good information. 

I didn't realize a yeast problem would cause so many different symptoms.  I've been trying for years to get well from some unidentifiable problem.  I did have a yeast test done several years ago and was told I didn't have any.  I am seriously doubting that to be correct now comparing my symptoms to the ones listed on here.  I'd seriously like to get rid of it, if it's there.   I also feel a strong desire to keep trying for our next baby, so I don't want to take anything that might cause harm.  We've been trying for a long time though with no success.  I feel led to continue trying though as I'm working on improving my health.  I plan to get the Tummy Tuneup and Spirulina, just didn't know if I could try the Yeast Assassin for only a short time, or could use it just during or at the beginning of my cycle for short periods of time. 

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: pre-pregnancy & Yeast Assassin
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »
I just tell you what I've done, not that I feel totally researched...
My husband is taking yeast assassin and tummy tune up but I tried THREELAC for a few weeks (with results, but   extreme die off reactions) and now only kefir with a whole- natural diet. For us a natural diet means only small amounts of succanat or evap. cane juice, honey, maple syrup, or sorghum molasses; whole grains; lots of garden veggies and fruit with homegrown meat and raw dairy products at home. We do occasionally eat out or accept invitations to other places. I do notice a setback if that includes refined and highly processed foods, but that is just part of life. I also do things to support effective cleansing and eliminations of toxins. Especially sufficient water consumption ie more than I think I can ::)

In my opinion if you really have a serious, entrenched yeast problem it is best to be consistent with whatever you are using or doing or you might encourage a rebound effect or possibly allow the little buggers time to adjust. Does that make any sense? Like I said I'm just trying to figure out the yeast thing myself. :-\

I chose not to use the yeast assassin because of the possibilities of problems if I should become pregnant. For example I would use wormwood for short periods in a parasite cleanse in pregnant goats but not for extended times. Similar concerns with other ing. in YA. My concern may be unfounded, but for now I just feel more comfortable with not using  YA.

With all that said I do seem to be making HUGE progress with what I'm doing. My husband doesn't see as much progress, but also did NOT have as many or as severe symptoms. We can't really say what YA would have done for me.

Best wishes in your search for the wise course of action!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 12:09:29 PM »
Thanks for your post.  I've been looking at the three-lac also as I thought it might be a safer route since we would like to have another baby.  It is quite expensive, but if it would be safe & work I'd do it.  You said you had taken three-lac, did you decide not to continue it for some reason?  You mentioned Kefir--do you make your own?  I don't have access to raw milk, but I have seen kefir in the store.  I am also trying to eat a healthy diet.  But I know that alone won't be enough to get rid of any yeast.  Thanks for sharing what you're doing.

One other thing... I've never had a yeast infection that I know of.  I've just read the symptoms of yeast here & several other places and am amazed at all the symptoms I have.  I am assuming I wouldn't have had to have an actual yeast infection, to have a yeast problem, correct?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:23:41 PM by Ruby »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »
I wouldn't have had to have an actual yeast infection, to have a yeast problem, correct?

Correct.  Candida effects everyone differently depending on a lot of different circumstances.  Diet is the most contributive and everyone generally eats differently due to varied tastes, parenting, diet information, etc.  Also, not everyone has been on antibiotics at the same time if ever, or oral contraceptives, and NSAIDS (ibuprofen, ketoprofren, etc).  Another factor for feminine infections is clothing and hygiene.  Tighter clothing, petroleum basic fabrics and moisture from sweat makes a very good breeding ground for feminine yeast infections.   Some wear looser or tighter clothing, some wear pantyhose and some do not.  Some sweat more (warmer climates, body chemistry, etc) and others are dryer.  Since all of these factors are so varient from person to person, symptoms will be just as varying in everyone.

Hope this helps.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »
Hi Ruby.
Yes, I make my own kefir with our own goats milk and kefir grains.
I stopped using threelac, mostly because it seems almost too expensive to fit in our budget and I just like medicating_healing with whole foods rather than single, isolated supplements if possible. I have a long list of "deductions" as to why kefir and other naturally fermented foods might work just as well as threelac. BUT we might go back to threelac if we think we can stick with it. The decision is still pending for us.

Thanks for your post.  I've been looking at the three-lac also as I thought it might be a safer route since we would like to have another baby.  It is quite expensive, but if it would be safe & work I'd do it.  You said you had taken three-lac, did you decide not to continue it for some reason?  You mentioned Kefir--do you make your own?  I don't have access to raw milk, but I have seen kefir in the store.  I am also trying to eat a healthy diet.  But I know that alone won't be enough to get rid of any yeast.  Thanks for sharing what you're doing.

One other thing... I've never had a yeast infection that I know of.  I've just read the symptoms of yeast here & several other places and am amazed at all the symptoms I have.  I am assuming I wouldn't have had to have an actual yeast infection, to have a yeast problem, correct?

Nickole

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 02:47:47 AM »
I am reading all the posts on Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-up and so far I can't find my answer - I see that Tummy Tune-Up is safe for nursing Mama's but what about the yeast assassin?  Thanks!

Nickole 

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 05:19:43 AM »
I am reading all the posts on Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-up and so far I can't find my answer - I see that Tummy Tune-Up is safe for nursing Mama's but what about the yeast assassin?  Thanks!

Nickole 

Yeast Assassin is NOT recommended if you are pregnant and nursing because it contains Black Walnut.   :)
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.