Author Topic: Hemorrhoids: Causes & Cures  (Read 72815 times)

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
Re: Hemorrhoids: Causes & Cures
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »
I use white oak bark in a tincture form.  Works great for me.  I just put it on  a cotton ball and hold it there for a minute or so every time I go to the bathroom.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline cushsb

• Learning
    • Your Kefir Source
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 05:48:56 AM »
wow.. this thread has grown alot over the years.  ;D

my personal take with hemorrhoids is, don't take any chances. if you think you have one, go see a doctor and have it checked out. I know your a bit shy and reluctant to see one, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Colon cancer is really a pain in the a**.  ;D

In my own opinion, most hemorrhoid problems are caused by constipation and irregular bowel movements. This can be cured by simply eating probiotic foods like yogurt and kefir. I prefer kefir made from natural kefir grains and not those commercialized kefir starter products, but if you like yogurt go ahead and enjoy. Eating this alone will save you tons of "bathroom" aches in the future coz these stuff really cleans your digestive tracts and improves your digestion. And it's best to start right away! Start eating healthy TODAY.  ;D

Now for my question, is there a remedy for skin tags? you know that excess skin after your hemorrhoid has reduced swelling... ???
-cushsb
"Your food shall be your medicine" - Hippocrates
lovin' kefir from kefir grains

Offline refreshed

• Adept
    • Haven Baptist Fellowship
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »
My 5yo daughter has hemorrhoids, I believe, and I am wondering if it is alright to give her butcher's broom.  Also, she has an umbilical hernia and I am wondering if that has anything to do with this problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
Check out our family's and church website:
www.havenbaptistfellowship.com

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »
My 5yo daughter has hemorrhoids, I believe, and I am wondering if it is alright to give her butcher's broom.  Also, she has an umbilical hernia and I am wondering if that has anything to do with this problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

I can't answer the question about butchers broom but I will say if she's got hemorrhoids then she's not digesting her food well enough to keep her stool soft so she can go easily.  Give her digestive enzymes with every meal and things should greatly improve.   She should have no straining with bowel movements and go at least once a day, but twice is better.  Also, make sure she's not allergic to dairy or gluten because both can cause constipation which can cause hemorrhoids. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline refreshed

• Adept
    • Haven Baptist Fellowship
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »
Thanks Patti!  I had thought she was just not getting enough fiber and so I was giving her a fiber supplement I had.  That helped, but she was so scared to go because it hurt that she was holding it in.  Not good.  She has had issues for a while with food digestion and I noticed dairy made it worse.  This is the first time she has had this problem though, mostly I think because we haven't been able to afford the right kinds of foods for her to eat.  Thanks so much for the input.
Check out our family's and church website:
www.havenbaptistfellowship.com

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »
I found a cream for Hemorrhoids that had witch hazel, plantain, yarrow, and calendula in it. (along with stuff to make it a cream) I was wondering if I could just add these dried herbs to some witch hazel and shake it up for several weeks and get the same thing?(but not a cream) Would the herbs keep in the witch hazel like in alcohol? Once in a while I have problem with hemorrhoids when I am pregnant (from not drinking enough water!) and I would like something on hand to help when they flare up.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »
The witch hazel base will make a sort of tincture just like alcohol does, but not for ingesting of course. Whether it works the same as the cream depends on how closely the levels of herbal extracts can be achieved. I think it's a great idea and have done something similar, then used cotton pads ( in makeup section by the cotton balls) to saturate in the solution and leave on. An "added value" homemade Tucks pad.  :)

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
Thank you! Just what I needed to know.  ;D

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2011, 09:50:38 AM »
Can someone tell me what sort of problems hemorrhoids can cause?  Other than the itching, pain, mild bleeding etc.  Can it cause stomach problems?  I seem to have both but not sure if one is related to the other.  I've been suffering with terrible gas for years, and it's getting worse.  I also had some terrible pains in the "lower" region ::) the other night, nothing like that before.  Even sometimes sitting or getting up it hurts up inside?   I've had a hemorrhoid since the birth of my first child, 14 years ago!  The pain comes and goes, but the last year or so it's worse. The gas pains will start esp if I'm sitting "scrunched" up for any amount of time.  I feel like I just need to do some sort of cleanse, but not real sure where to start.  Kind of hard to explain, but it seems like once a month or every couple of months I notice the two seem to happen at the same time.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Wendy

Offline MotherOfBlessings

• Adept
  • Blessed beyond what I deserve!
    • My Homestead Blog
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »
Any difference in how to treat the hemorrhoids when they are caused by childbirth?
Wife to SSgt. Cole, former USMC, now USNG
Homeschooling Mommy of 8 Blessings from the Lord

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:56 AM »
Any difference in how to treat the hemorrhoids when they are caused by childbirth?
The best cures for hemorrhoids is to remove the cause (straining, sitting too long, constipation, poor diet, leaky gut etc.) and then use things to strengthen the capillaries and things to strengthen the immune system (reduce inflammation). 

http://www.bulkherbstore.blogspot.com/2010/03/veincapillary-strenthening.html

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/immune_restoration.html

straining is a fairly common cause and can sometimes be eliminated by reading (to relax and take your mind off) and deep breathing (to relax the muscles and anxiety of waiting) while on the toilet. 
  My favorite herb book!!