Author Topic: Recipes for Homemade Vegetable Juices  (Read 2120 times)

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
Recipes for Homemade Vegetable Juices
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
Okay, fellow home-juicers, I'm stuck again. I can't seem to find any good tasting vegetable juice recipes. I've tried about six different recipes -  :P I even tried adding cilantro, lemon juice, or a dash of vinaigrette, none of which helped. I think throwing in a couple of tomatoes would improve the flavor, but those reddish-colored, cardboard-flavored ball-shaped things at the grocery store just won't do.  :-X Any ideas?

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
Re: Recipes for Homemade Vegetable Juices
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »
Have you added a couple of carrots and an apple??  We usually juice some dark greens, celery, carrots, 1/2 lemon, and an apple.  The lemon, carrot and apple make it taste a lot better.  This makes enough for our family of 6. 

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Have you added a couple of carrots and an apple??  We usually juice some dark greens, celery, carrots, 1/2 lemon, and an apple.  The lemon, carrot and apple make it taste a lot better.  This makes enough for our family of 6. 
Hmmm... no, we've haven't tried adding an apple before. I think I'll try that tomorrow and see how it tastes. Thanks!  :)

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
I also like to add cucumbers... they tend to sweeten the juice a bit...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 03:52:02 AM »
I bought a green juice from WalMart the other day and it was sweetened with pineapple, apple and carrot.  You could taste the "green" but it was delicious.
  My favorite herb book!!