Author Topic: Vit C & Sea Salt - Lymes Treatment  (Read 13400 times)

Offline Gabriel Anast

• Administrator
  • Master
Vit C & Sea Salt - Lymes Treatment
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:26:45 AM »
I think this may be similar to a less direct method using salt and vitamin C (some of the Pearl's tried this method for Lymes, and it seems to have worked):

From http://www.lymephotos.com/ :
From experimenting with the treatment of salt and vitamin C, we settled on a dosage of 3 grams of salt and 3,000 mg of vitamin C, each dose taken 4 times per day.Depending upon one's weight this would approximate one gram for each ten pounds of body weight. We think total daily dosage should not exceed 18 grams of salt or Vitamin C per day, and 15 grams would be the average adult's dosage for a full 24 hour period

Also here:

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2005/07/executive-summary-of-saltc.html
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=378691
http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=968622

--gabe

PS: someone might link or copy / paste this into the Lymes discussions(?)

Offline Gabriel Anast

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Vit C & Sea Salt - Lymes Treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
The above links are TOTALLY AMAZING!!  Thanks for posting.

Please make sure to see these threads as well:

"MMS" - Chlorine Dioxide - Oxygen Cancer Therapy
Oxygen Bath

I am sure they are related in some way...

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »
My bil has used vit c and salt to treat his Lymes for a long time and says it makes a BIG difference. His symptoms get worse when he misses a dose.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:42:13 AM »
I just wanted to bring this thread up again to see if anyone else knows anything about the treatment outlined in lymephotos.com from Beka's earlier post.
Our oldest dd started this treatment this week saying that she is "determined to lick this thing."  She has had immediate Herxheimer reactions and said that everything she is experiencing is right in line with what it described on the website.  She has ordered the book recommended about the treatments for Lyme.  She is encouraged that it is possible to - finally - be well again.
We'll keep posting on her progress.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline evalea

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
I have been using the salt and C treatment for two weeks.  I have not had any outrageous herx reactions yet, but I am used to not feeling well.  After seven years with Lyme I am not easily phased.  The salt tablets are impossible to find!  I finally found a site that sold salt for fitness use.  I ordered it today so I don't know much about it yet.  It says it is pure salt. 
The website is miracle-salt.com if anyone is interested.  The salt that lymephotos.com recommended is unavailable, like is is being taken off the market.  If anyone is able to successfully order it, please let me know.  Anyway, the stuff that lymephotos had made so much sense to me, much more that anything else I had read about.  My Lyme has been under treatment for the past two years with little progress except I don't feel like I could die any day.  I have been feeling a little better with the salt/C treatment, except very tired.  I pray it works.  Will keep you updated.
~e

In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God.

Offline evalea

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »
OK, I just got an email update that my order on the miracle-salt website was canceled because of something to do with my credit card (although I think it might be their system).  I am a little frustrated as this is my second salt tablet order that has been canceled.   ???  I guess I will stick with salt water for now (yuck!!!)  I use a product called Plain salt that does not have any additives.  I know there are better products, but I have not had time to make it to a health food store and my internet orders keep getting canceled.    The salt water is difficult to take because it makes me very nauseas.   I guess the long-term benefits ought weigh any hassle that I have to go through now.   
~e

In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God.

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »

Any news?
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
I've been hoping that she would post her prognosis from her latest Dr. appt a couple of weeks ago.   I don't mind sharing her news, though. 

We really don't know what to attribute it to, as she has been taking several things to combat the Lyme bacteria.  Dr. Ber said, "The Lyme is gone.  Go and live a normal life and come to see me anytime you think you need to."

We are greatly rejoicing and praising God in this family!   ;D
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
Great news! ;D
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline Beth

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 05:02:49 AM »
I just wanted to bring this thread up again to see if anyone else knows anything about the treatment outlined in lymephotos.com from Beka's earlier post.
Our oldest dd started this treatment this week saying that she is "determined to lick this thing."  She has had immediate Herxheimer reactions and said that everything she is experiencing is right in line with what it described on the website.  She has ordered the book recommended about the treatments for Lyme.  She is encouraged that it is possible to - finally - be well again.

I couldn't find the book on the site...do you recall what it was?  Also do you know if you can find salt tablets anywhere? It seems to be a problem. Otherwise you just use plain sea salt dissolved in water? Thank you so much. :)  oh, and how much salt=1gram?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:17:18 AM by Beth »
"discontenment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul." ~ Debi Pearl ~    ...and be content with such things as ye have Hebrews 13:5

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »
Our oldest dd started this treatment this week saying that she is "determined to lick this thing."  She has had immediate Herxheimer reactions and said that everything she is experiencing is right in line with what it described on the website.  She has ordered the book recommended about the treatments for Lyme.  She is encouraged that it is possible to - finally - be well again.

I couldn't find the book on the site...do you recall what it was?  Also do you know if you can find salt tablets anywhere? It seems to be a problem. Otherwise you just use plain sea salt dissolved in water? Thank you so much. :)  oh, and how much salt=1gram?

I don't know what book I referred to here.  The site has changed since I posted this, so the recommendation - if it was from there - may have been removed.   We read a LOT of books about Lyme.  Looking back I believe that everything we needed to know is on the lymephoto website.   CLICK HERE

If you are dealing with Lyme, it would be well worth your time to read the entire site and put this protocol into practice.   There are instructions and measurements, descriptions of possible reactions, and hope for a cure.

Offline Beth

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »
silly question, I know but I did a search and 1 teaspoon of salt contains approximately 6 grams of sodium chloride.
I found this info at wiki answers. and as a side note they said that 6grams of table salt is enough to kill you! ok...I know better than this but... does anyone have some "real" information about salt and its benefits? ::) :-\
"discontenment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul." ~ Debi Pearl ~    ...and be content with such things as ye have Hebrews 13:5

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 02:34:43 AM »
silly question, I know but I did a search and 1 teaspoon of salt contains approximately 6 grams of sodium chloride.
I found this info at wiki answers. and as a side note they said that 6grams of table salt is enough to kill you! ok...I know better than this but... does anyone have some "real" information about salt and its benefits? ::) :-\

Hmm?  Strange remark for them to make without supporting it, don't you think? 

I don't have the time right now to re-do research on salt.  It isn't too hard, though, to find valid research on it's merits.  There are many conditions that improve dramatically with adding good salt to your diet.

Veterinary care has done extensive research on dietary minerals and the effects.  Much of that crosses over to human health.

Offline Eglantine

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »
My mom's lyme disease is taking her very low right now. (She's a young 63) Bitten May 2012, diagnosed very quickly and given doxy. She's had ups and downs and through all of it has been prescribed more cycles of doxy, flagyl, and she's even used ivermectin for awhile. For over a year now she's been seeing an herbalist at the Ithaca Free Clinic who really was able to get some of her symptoms under control but I don't believe he got to the root of the problem. Now she's in a bad way. Intense muscle pain and fatigue. She's having difficulty getting dressed and functioning. Sleep deprived from the pain. Even though she lives in the northeast where Lyme is so prevalent she's getting nowhere with the docs. They just keep saying she has Lyme and want to prescribe more doxy! She lives alone and I'm clear across the country. I'm hesitant to offer her suggestions that may cause her to herx. Her mental state is declining from all this. If she were here, we'd get started with Vit. C & Sea Salt...but...she's not. I believe this may be co-infection(s) causing her all this pain. What are the tests she should ask for to determine what is going on? Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really need some help.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »
If she is going to a doctor (MD) for Lyme Disease, then the only thing that they know to do, if they do anything at all, is prescribe antibiotics.  Antibiotics have their own list of side effects and cause problems. Most doctors simply won't treat it effectively. Some even deny the existence of Lyme.

Seeing an herbalist is probably a good step, at this point. 
Or do an internet search for Lyme literate doctors in her area/state.  For me, it would be alternative or homeopathic doctors.

Herxheimer reactions are caused by the toxins produced by the bacteria dying off. If it isn't happening with antibx, then they likely are not killing the bacteria.  While herx are certainly uncomfortable, it sure beats living with chronic Lyme.  It is a means to an end.

I could elaborate on our experiences, but it is the same story that many people could tell.  My daughter and I both have/had Chronic Lyme Disease. Treatment took years; I have currently been in treatment with a doctor in another state for over 4 years.  Insurance did not cover a cent in our cases and I have been going into debt to be rid of this vile disease and the other infections that go along with it.

BUT - I will be rid of this disease. My daughter has beat it. We found a doctor who has a great cure rate. Cure, not treatment of symptoms. I am rarely in any pain now. 

I know it's hard for you and for her. Please, find a doctor who can treat with homeopathy, herbs, or monitor this salt treatment.

Offline Eglantine

• Learning
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Your words are encouraging. She is having real difficulty finding a doctor that is Lyme literate AND accepts Medicaid. She has an appointment today with a nurse practitioner at an infectious disease "clinic". I'm hoping they can do some more specific testing at least.

Would you mind sharing the protocol the doc used that cured your daughter?

Thanks again!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
My daughter and I both see an MD who is also a licensed classical homeopathic physician.  You can look up the homeopathic licensing board in your state for a list.  I would make this choice again if I had to and this is the only treatment route that I recommend, since I know people who have been cured this way.

We have used a variety of treatments including homeopathic remedies specific for the type of Lyme bacteria we had, herbal and nutritional therapies, vitamin & mineral therapies, chiropractic treatment, chelation therapy, as well as treatments for the co-infections.

We have met and heard of a lot of other people with chronic Lyme who have tried many treatments, usually with limited or temporary success.  I really can't give any big, encouraging pep talk.  I've had many people tell me that they were 'healed', only to hear from them a year or so later that they have relapsed. Lyme is able to go dormant and it is very difficult to kill.

I seriously doubt that Medicaid would cover treatment that would be effective. Doctors and insurance companies will not prescribe continuous use of antibiotics, which is the only treatment they seem to use.
Treatment has been very expensive. And I don't recommend anyone trying to self diagnose or treat, especially one who has the disease. Getting through each day is enough of a struggle without trying to be responsible for your own care.