Author Topic: Oxygen Bath  (Read 47726 times)

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
Oxygen Bath
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »
Split from this thread: "MMS" - Chlorine Dioxide - Oxygen Cancer Therapy

Another form of oxygen therapy I have been experimenting with is just simple "Oxygen Baths"... O2 trickled into a full bath-tub... nothing fancy. It seems to oxygenate the water and has very interesting effects. I recommend trying it...

By the way, the difference between medical O2 and welding O2 seems to be the way the tanks are inspected. The welding tanks are not required to be placed under vacuum during inspection... medical O2 tanks are required this additional step to guarantee purity of gas... however, I believe that most people could easily get an open prescription for medical O2. I highly recommend trying it. It seems to provide a "whole body rush" of oxygen... it might cause strong detoxing, though... so the first time or so, just take a short bath, and watch your body's response to the O2.

--gabe

About the welding O2, how would one go about getting that?  I've tried getting a script for medical grade, but the doc wouldn't go for it.  ::)

First, welding O2 is not intended for anything but welding. It is not to be used for SCUBA mixed gas diving, or for "medical" purposes. It is the same O2 from the same sources as medical grade O2, but the cylinders are not tested in the same way, and the providers are not regulated in the same way.

What could possibly go wrong (as I see it): an O2 cylinder could be completely emptied... and thus unpressurized. "Stuff" (other gasses, or contaminants) could get into the cylinder, and then, because the cylinders are not required to be put under vacuum when tested... they could possibly retain whatever "stuff" got in while unpressurized... OK... that's the warning.

So... welding O2 is easy to get... just go into a welder's supply and lease a cylinder and bring it back for refills when needed (about $25 for 300 cu ft, but that's a big bottle ;) )... remember, it is only a welding product.

You will need a regulator, and you can get one on ebay... search for "oxygen regulator" and look for the ones that have "LPM" or "Liter Per Minute" flow meters... make sure they will fit your bottle: H K or M O2 cylinders (typical welding types) take the plumbing type fittings, D and E cylinders (typical medical types) take the "pin and yoke" fittings. Of course you can just use a welding regulator as well, but it is not as finely adjustable.

Then... I just let the O2 bubble into the tub as I take the bath... its amazing. I am working on a means to better infuse the O2... I will comment on that later.

--gabe

PS: I am pretty sure that any doc would give just about anyone an O2 scrip... you just have to give him a reason. "It helps my headaches, nausea, vertigo, heavy metals detoxing, etc" ...and yes, it does help with all of those!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:20:52 AM by Gabriel Anast »

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
Re: Oxygen Bath
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »
Interesting! 

What differences did you see Gabe having the o2  in your bath? Did you do it for your  children? Would it be a good idea during pregnancy?

Emily

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
It seems to help remarkably with detoxification. If you have toxemia of any kind (pregnancy or not) its seems to reduce it remarkably... be careful... too much therapy seems to cause transient sickness / tiredness / etc just like a classic Herxheimer reaction (die-off / detox reaction).

Not sure I can say much else, except that it is a truly invigorating experience... I can't wait till I can figure out how to more completely infuse the water.

Theory: I think that higher than normal dissolved O2 concentrations in water basically acts the same as hyperbaric O2. In other words, if the concentration of O2 in a fluid is higher than the partial pressure of O2 will normally allow, then the out gassing pressure of O2 in the water bath will increase... in other words, the O2 will want to get out of the water, like CO2 wants to get out of a newly opened can of Coke...

Now most of that O2 will off gas into the air above the bath... but if you are in the bath, a lot of it will "off gas" into you as well! The more dissolved O2 the better! (A ceramic diffuser is my next step...)

I am not sure how to measure this or how to compare it to a typical hyperbaric O2 room... any thoughts would be welcome...

Any Biochemists in the crowd? Any divers that use mixed gases?

--gabe

Here is an example alternative: http://www.performance-hyperbarics.com
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:05:59 AM by Gabriel Anast »

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
I have not had time to look at all of the links in the MMS thread so forgive me if this is a stupid question..... :-[

I have heard of oxygen baths for cancer, detoxing, etc....... but Hydrogen Peroxide was used in the water instead of medical or welding 02. Is there a reason that the medical 02 would work better? Would the H2O2 do the same thing just maybe slower?  ??? We have used food grade 35% H2O2 (no script necessary :)) in baths and really enjoy them. I didn't notice any detox symptoms but did notice an all over improvement in my skin.......... My DH welds. Maybe I should see what he thinks of all this. Maybe I could give it a try and see if I can tell a difference. ???   

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
I have heard of oxygen baths for cancer, detoxing, etc....... but Hydrogen Peroxide was used in the water instead of medical or welding 02. Is there a reason that the medical 02 would work better? Would the H2O2 do the same thing just maybe slower?  ??? We have used food grade 35% H2O2 (no script necessary :)) in baths and really enjoy them. I didn't notice any detox symptoms but did notice an all over improvement in my skin..........

Very interesting... I had never heard of this, but it should work similarly. I was just trying to think of a cheap way to do hyperbaric O2 therapy... I'll bet Hydrogen Peroxide would be very similar...

--gabe

Offline anb

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »
As someone with a horrible contact allergy to peroxide, I'd say spot test it on yourself first.  Especially if you don't know for absolute sure that you're not allergic.  The reaction that I have to peroxide is one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, so I just felt I should warn others; I simply cannot imagine what would happen if I dunked myself in a tub with peroxide.   :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »
Another warning.... Food grade H2O2 will burn you and must be diluted. Do not let it directly contact skin.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »
Could one try this with regular store hydrogen peroxide just as a "try" sort of thing and have any positive effects?  I would love to try this with my son right now but he's only 8 so'd I'd be hesitant to use food grade h202 even diluted. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:23 AM »
You may try 2 pints of hydrogen peroxide to a tub of water.  I think I first saw this recommended (on a birthing site) for easing muscle aches, and it just makes you feel good.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
Quoting from Second Opinion Newsletter (Robert Jay Rowen):

[Dr. Smith] suggests adding one-eighth cup of bleach to a half-full bath tub. Then soak in it for 15 minutes twice a week.

I was shocked to hear her recommend this treatment. Why? Because this treatment is actually an oxidative bath. Bleach is very similar to hydrogen peroxide. There are even formulations that can be given intravenously and orally (only from your integrative physician). Dr. Smith recommends the baths to prevent or treat infections. Bleach contains the powerful oxidant sodium hypochlorite, a compound made by your infection-fighting white blood cells to kill bacteria.

As for the weekly oxidation baths, they cost almost nothing. Bleach is very cheap. And it's definitely worth trying. In fact, I recommend these baths for periodic use for just about everyone - not just when you get skin infections. They're great for routine immune maintenance.

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:00:11 AM »
[Dr. Smith] suggests adding one-eighth cup of bleach to a half-full bath tub. Then soak in it for 15 minutes twice a week.

!? That is really weird... here is the link:

Dr Rowen recommends 1/8 cup bleach in 1/2 Bath...

Can you tell us anything about your experience with this?

--gabe

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:25 AM »
Just thought I would mention that I dilute my food grade 35%! It burns like crazy if you don't!!! I have put up to 3cups in a bath tub full of water and have had no stinging, just lovely bubbling! I, myself, would not want to do bleach! I do not like the smell. I have read much on the wonders (for health, gardening, livestock, etc......) of H2O2 but never anything very positive about bleach. JMHO.  :)

Offline just jane

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »
I just wanted to say that after adding Clorox to my bath water this week my acne that I get when preggo has been healing!!  This is the first thing that I have tried, that helped, other than giving birth! ;)    Please don't scold me too bad for trying this, I did have the 2 windows beside the tub open for fresh air and I used a small amount of bleach.   BTW- I felt awesomely CLEAN!

cecac

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »
I have an old tale about bleach.  My Grandma took care of her first grandchild at times.  This child had to have X-rays.  Grandma would put her in a bathtub with bleach (I do not know the measurements) after the X-Ray treatments.  According to my mom (Grandma's ninth child and a child at the time herself), the water would turn black. :o

Grandma knew something about bleach,  I guess.  This is interesting.
Cara

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:04 AM »
Whenever we have a head cold, sinus infection,or any respiratory funk, we go to the indoor pool in town.  After an hour or so of swimming, everything is usually cleared up.  My husband swears it is the chlorine - which is the same as bleach - giving a whole-body treatment and sanitizing the whole "me".  I usually follow up with good meals with lots of kefir, kombucha and cultured stuff.

cecac

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »
I guess it'd be okay to do this with even a two year old, then?  Could I cautiously soak her in 2 T. of bleach to 1/2 tub warm water for 10 minutes and then follow with some Goot the next time she gets snuffies?

We've had some adenovirus and it seems to pop up.  She just got over some green yuk/cough, by herself completely, but still, if I could get her over it faster that would certainly be an easy way........

And another question about bleach (or maybe I should use Hydrogen Peroxide?):  I don't think the bleach we get now is as "pure" if you will as in my Grandma's time.  Is there any way to get a bleach with fewer additives?  Lol, maybe I should look at the HFS.

Nickole

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
From everything I have read, it is best to buy Clorox, to make sure of the purity.  And by the way, bleach does not contain chlorine.  I used to think it did. 

cecac

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
I wondered that, Nickole, so I'll have to take a look.  The thing is, I think even Clorox has gone to that extra concentrated, so use less type deal.  Hmmm, time to read labels.

I'm not sure, after thinking on it, that I will do this with a 2 yo, but I may do it with hydrogen pyroxide.  The reason being their hands go into their mouths way too quickly--and into their eyes.  I am thinking (please correct me if I'm wrong) that hydrogen pyroxide would be safer in that regard, particularly diluted enough.  Although, grant it, I'm talking about diluting the bleach pretty well, also. :-\

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
All I have to say, is test on yourself first! But, this is a very interesting thread... thanks, all for the info!

--gabe
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »
I'm going to start researching this because I'm very intrigued and extremely confused ... isn't bleach BAD for you??  I was under the impression that bleach and chlorine, either in water or the smell of it were not at all good for your body.
Can anyone explain why they aren't?
Erin :)  Wifey to Chris and mummy to Marcail (10), Alex (8), Joel (6), Timothy (4), Zipporah (3) and Jeremiah (8months).

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »
Whenever we have a head cold, sinus infection,or any respiratory funk, we go to the indoor pool in town.  After an hour or so of swimming, everything is usually cleared up.  My husband swears it is the chlorine - which is the same as bleach - giving a whole-body treatment and sanitizing the whole "me".  I usually follow up with good meals with lots of kefir, kombucha and cultured stuff.

Quoting from Second Opinion Newsletter (Robert Jay Rowen):

I was shocked to hear her recommend this treatment. Why? Because this treatment is actually an oxidative bath. Bleach is very similar to hydrogen peroxide. There are even formulations that can be given intravenously and orally (only from your integrative physician). Dr. Smith recommends the baths to prevent or treat infections. Bleach contains the powerful oxidant sodium hypochlorite, a compound made by your infection-fighting white blood cells to kill bacteria.

As for the weekly oxidation baths, they cost almost nothing. Bleach is very cheap. And it's definitely worth trying. In fact, I recommend these baths for periodic use for just about everyone - not just when you get skin infections. They're great for routine immune maintenance.

DH says that many public swimming pools in NZ use sodium hypochlorite instead of chlorine. He finds that he feels better after being in these pools than those that use conventional chlorine treatments.
Erin :)  Wifey to Chris and mummy to Marcail (10), Alex (8), Joel (6), Timothy (4), Zipporah (3) and Jeremiah (8months).

YoopreMama

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 01:21:11 AM »
I'm not sure if this is relevant...but we were reading about adding bleach to our birthing pool water if it's been sitting longer than 48 hours as a disinfectant...the fumes were of a concern to the makers of the pool, advising the PG mom to steer clear for a couple of hours.  ???

cecac

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 05:33:26 AM »
I'm still thinking on this one, too.

For instance, today.  I have my 13 yo dd down with a sinus headache because we cut out sugar,etc and she is clearing out. 

I thought about trying this, but went for epsom salts with eucalyptus oil for a good soak in the tub, to pull and encourage drainage.

I guess I'm saying that I think other things (fumes being one of the downsides to chlorine) can be used successfully that aren't considered harmful.

Now a question:  Can someone explain to me the connection of oxygen to the chlorine as regards a bath?  I am thinking chlorine pulls (due to my grandma's experience).  So, wouldn't epsom salts infused with EO's be better?  Or am I missing a point about the oxygen?

Definitely rambling thoughts here, and I think I need to read the epsom salt thread/threads, if there are some because I've had a brainstorm there.
I had very good success yesterday with epsom salts/Pan Away EO to help with pulling fluid and really getting me some proper, health giving rest. 

I just wonder if there is anything connecting oxygen with epsom salts, too?

Man I feel dumb. :-\

cecac

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 06:15:32 AM »
Okay, so WTM helped me answer at least part of my oxygen question:

[color=green]Medicinal Properties
Epsom Salt is mainly made up of magnesium and sulfates. Many modern diets are deficient in magnesium and sulfates, but they are important minerals. Increasing levels of magnesium may help to improve heart and circulatory health, flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, improve nerve function by regulating electrolytes, improve the body's ability to use insulin, raise the body's levels of serotonin which reduces stress and elevates the mood, improve sleep and concentration, regulate the body's enzymes, improve oxygen use, lower blood pressure, reduce muscle pain and inflammation, and help muscles and nerves to function properly. Sulfates are also necessary for good health. Sulfates are used by the body to flush out toxins, improve the absorption of nutrients, form joint proteins, brain tissue, and mucin protein, and to help prevent and ease migraine headaches.

The best news is that magnesium and sulfates are readily absorbed by the body externally. This means that soaking in a bath with Epsom Salt is not only enjoyable, but is also good for you!

Yooper posted this on the Epsom salt thread, and I find it interesting that Epsom salts improves oxygen use.

I would propose that perhaps epsom salts would be something to try before chlorine, but I would appreciate any comments on the benefits of a more direct oxygen connection with chlorine or hydrogen peroxide.  That is completely out of my depth.

Cara

Offline just jane

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
I'm not sure if this is relevant...but we were reading about adding bleach to our birthing pool water if it's been sitting longer than 48 hours as a disinfectant...the fumes were of a concern to the makers of the pool, advising the PG mom to steer clear for a couple of hours.  ???
Thanks Yooper!  I will try to be more careful and will do Epsom Salts again.

cecac

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
Jane,

Could you use something like tea tree (8 drops in a tubful) with epsom salts to do the same thing as far as skin?  I dunno about during preggars, but......and I am still keeping that chlorine in mind, especially since some of you have had success.

Just a thought,
Cara

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »
Found this on curezone.com

**Note from Ken Adachi**

A CRITICAL component in the effectiveness of this treatment is the remark that Daisy made in the beginning of this letter where she says that she added a detergent called Sun with colorsafe BLEACH to the water. It's the BLEACH that caused all of the bubbling effects. Hazel Parcells, who was a wonderful natural healer and lived to the age of 104, recommended using a cup or two of Clorox bleach occasionally in the bath for detoxing, however, Dr Hulda Clark discovered that the Clorox bleach found in supermarkets today is contaminated with traces of wheel bearing grease and other petroleum solvents (which you don't want to absorb through your skin sitting in a hot bath). Yiu can get a much cleaner and safer grade of bleach at Pool Supply Stores. The sell a 12% bleach that comes in a plastic crate containing four, 1 gallon containers. that is usually stamped "NSF" bleach which stands for National Standards Foundation. NSF bleach is free of constaminates.

12% beach is TWICE as strong as store-bought 6% laundry bleach (like Clorox), so you want to dilute the 12% down to 6% by adding an equal volume of water (12% bleach will burn your skin slightly if you touch it with your fingers, so wear heavy rubber gloves whenever you handle it.). After diluting down to 6%, you can add 1 CUP to your bath water and you get a very powerful OXIDIZING action. The alfafa MAY or may not have contributed to her success, but I'm convinced that the BLEACH played an important role.

Ken Adachi

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 03:11:26 AM »
If you used hydrogen peroxide would it be just the regular kind in the brown bottle that you get at the pharmacy?  I'm interested to hear more about the bleach...even if it scares me a bit...lol

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline SarahLaRae

• Master
  • Sweet Anna
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 03:35:06 AM »
I'm going to start researching this because I'm very intrigued and extremely confused ... isn't bleach BAD for you??  I was under the impression that bleach and chlorine, either in water or the smell of it were not at all good for your body.
Can anyone explain why they aren't?
I am bumping what Cjanderin said because I am concerned about this as well.

Also, what is the difference between food safe Hydrogen peroxide and the regular brown bottle stuff you buy at the store.

Thanks, Sarah

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 05:27:29 AM »
I don't know anything on the bleach subject........... I have also been under the impression that it is bad for you.  As to the difference in peroxide, my understanding is that the 3% from the store has stabilizers and/or conditioners of some sort in it and so the food grade is preferable as it doesn't contain these. Also, I think that I have read that because it is food grade you have some quality assurance. There are certain undesirable things that they can't add if it is food grade. The food grade is 35%. You have to dilute it. The dilution is 1oz h2o2 to 11oz water to get a 3% solution.

I love my 35% and use it for most of my cleaning. I love to watch it bubble when I spray it (diluted to 3%) on various surfaces. I like that I can see it cleaning. Makes me feel like it is more effective. It also is a great toilet bowl cleaner.

I use 2-3 cups of 35% for my baths when I get a chance to. I love the results. I feel so clean and my skin just feels nice.  :)
 I personally would not use bleach, it just goes against something in me. I have so long been under the impression that bleach is bad that I just don't think I could do it! ::)