Author Topic: Human Growth Hormone question  (Read 5754 times)

Offline MumCLS

• Learning
Human Growth Hormone question
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
Hello Everyone-
My son has Noonan Syndrome and because of this he is growing VERY slowly.  He is 18 months old now and is the size of a very small 9 month old (he weighs 17.5 pounds and is about 27 inches long).  Of course the dr. wants to start Growth Hormone Thearpy at the age of 2 years and I don't feel good about this.  My question... does anyone know of any way to stimulate the human growth hormone naturally (herbally or Homeopathically.... or.... ??)  Of course I am praying hard with my husband and family!  I trust that the LORD will lead us!  Thanks to anyone that can give us some help!
Many blessings in Jesus,
Cynthia Strang
www.ebenezerforestfarm.blogspot.com

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
Re: Human Growth Hormone question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:30:21 AM »
My Daughter was born with Gastroscesis . Meaning her intestines were on the outside of her body.

She was 5.3 LBS at birth. She was 10 LBS something at 1 yr. She gained very slow yet was a big nurser. And on solid foods ate her fair share. Now She will be 6 in May and is 32 LBS. Look average sized to me.

I have never heard (or at least know nothing about) your son's condition. I don't trust growth hormones personally.

Does growing slow hurt him in any way?
  Would growing faster help his condition?
  Are the growth hormones just for looks? ( only make him bigger?)

Ask yourself all the questions from all sides that you can just weigh it out. I would get all pros and cons from the doctor. (I would ask for the sheet that comes with the drugs)

Wish I could be of more help.

Emily

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »
http://www.westonaprice.org/letters/L2003fa.html
Scroll down and there's a letter that might or might not be helpful. It's titled Growth Hormone.

And I came across this while researching a stomach condition my mom has. Again, it may or may not be helpful.
http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/gastroparesis.html

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline HGHEzra

• Wide Eyed
    • HGH for Sale
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »
Yeah you can give Human Growth Hormone(HGH .. Secretion of growth hormone reaches at the highest point during adolescence. This makes sense because this hormone assists stimulation of our body to grow, but the secretion of it does not stop after adolescence. Usually, our body produces it in short bursts during deep sleep.