Author Topic: Lung Ailments - Asthma, Emphysema, COPD  (Read 9327 times)

Offline DHW

• Adept
Lung Ailments - Asthma, Emphysema, COPD
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
For asthma, emphysema, and COPD, Dr. Robert J. Rowen has several recommendations on his website, www.SecondOpinionNewsletter.com.  These are from newsletters dating back over several years, so they are many and varied:

* inhaled glutathione (highly recommended)
* intravenous hydrogen peroxide (highly recommended)
* Seanol (www.fibronol.com.)
* Phytocort7 available from Allergy Research Group/NutriCology
* NAC and undenatured whey protein taken together
* Vitamin D as Cataplex D (1,600-2,000 IU per day to protect against osteoporosis)
* Vitamin C (at least 1,000 mg three times a day)
* high-dose vitamin A (not for pregnant women), up to 100,000 IU per day for several weeks.  Stop if signs of toxicity: dry, flaky skin or hair loss
* GLA (2 capsules twice a day) - evening primrose oil or borage oil
* balancing omega 3-6-9 oils, supplementing with fish oil
* trigger point injections on the scapula (for asthma), www.neuraltherapy.com
* avoidance of food allergens
* raw foods diet (living foods)
* low-dose heparin for any chronic ailment if clotting factors are abnormal.  www.hemex.com has a genetic panel which helps determine
whether treatment should be with heparin, enzymes and nutrients,
or all three.
* chelation therapy
* multistep oxygen therapy (EWOT - exercise with oxygen therapy)
* lung glandulars
* tomato juice or lycopene (Lyc-O-Mato)

* inhaled diluted hydrogen peroxide: one pint of 3% H2O2 per gallon of water in a humidifier (not actually recommended by Dr. Rowen, but he does not think it will hurt.)

As you can see, there are some simple things to try as well as those that require the guidance of a doctor trained in alternative/complementary medicine.  Caution: You should not try to wean off Rx drugs without the help of your doctor.

Offline noahsmom81

• Learning
  • My Noah
Re: Lung Ailments - Asthma, Emphysema, COPD
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:14:19 AM »
Hi! I was born very prematurely and because of that, I was born with asthma, emphysema, COPD, and BPD (Broncho-Pulmonary Dysplasia). I am on a steriod inhaler 2-3x daily, and use other inhalers and nebulizer machine as needed. I'm just looking for things I can take or do to help with these diseases. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!