Author Topic: All about Vasectomies  (Read 15137 times)

Offline beesbabe

• Learning
Re: All about Vasectomies
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »
At www.dogtorJ.net there is an article by a vet on what sterilization does to dogs and people.  He says people and dogs are close enough physiologically that this info. is accurate for both. It's worth a read--it made my husband think twice. He had been wanting a V for years but after reading this article he hasn't brought up the subject in three years.

Offline tkmuskrat

• Learning
    • www.xanga.com/tkmuskrat
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »
DH and I decided he would have a vas, after we found out we were pregnant with our 5th child (our only 1 together). He had no major problems. One thing I did tell him, and still do, that IF I got the desire for more children later on, that we would look into adoption or foster care. And IF God wants us to have more children "naturally" then He is a BIG God and can make it happen (we know of at least 1 couple who has had a child post vas. and all checks up to that point were "clear"!)

But over all, definitely pray about it, and really consider what you are doing, more and more urologists are doing them where they are near impossible to ever reverse (they cut, snip, tie, burn whatever they can do)
Kristie M.

wife to Al, SAHM of 5

Offline Homeschool_Newbie

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
I am not sure if this is the approapriate place to ask this question, so mods feel free to edit. ;) Is it EVER approapriate to warn other women of the risk of vasectomy if they mention that their husband is seriously considering it? OR- is that getting in the middle of someone's marriage? I mentioned it to another woman today... basically I just said that she might want to look into the side affects before making the decision. Now I have mixed feelings about whether or not this was approapriate? One one hand, there are some AWFUL stories about vasectomy side affects, and many people don't know them, on the other hand, it is THEIR marriage, and THEIR decision...

Any thoughts?
Blessed wife and mom of 5, going on 6 great kiddos... with more babies I can't wait to meet in heaven.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »
I think it is appropriate to remind/alert a person that it is prudent to always research side effects.  Generally, side effects are not discussed fully in the doctor's office, and that hinders a person's ability to make an informed decision.  Hindsight is a bitter pill...

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
And I must say that I never knew about the side effects of vasectomy until I read about it here...

Offline taveltkamp

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 04:50:22 PM »
I've been reading about vasectomies and post pain.  But what I can't find any information on is if there are some herbs to use for the pain?  Does anyone have suggestions on that?  Is there anything to take or anything to soak in or apply?  I'm just not sure what to recommend.
Thanks for your help!