Author Topic: Water Testing  (Read 2604 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Water Testing
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: Water Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »
  Uh-oh!  Did you get as scared as I did about that "drugs in the water" thing?    Seriously - chemotherapy in our water?  Illegal drugs?  Aah!
  I haven't heard of this company but I am very anxious to get our water tested now.  Please post if you learn anything else or if you try it.   ~L

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:26:20 PM »
  Uh-oh!  Did you get as scared as I did about that "drugs in the water" thing?    Seriously - chemotherapy in our water?  Illegal drugs?  Aah!
  I haven't heard of this company but I am very anxious to get our water tested now.  Please post if you learn anything else or if you try it.   ~L

No, I'm having some health issues that I think might be related to iron and chlorine in the water.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »
I found the EPA water site.  This can tell you a little bit about what's in your water by location.

http://www.epa.gov/safewater/dwinfo/index.html

If you can decipher it.   ::)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:34:07 AM »
I found the EPA water site.  This can tell you a little bit about what's in your water by location.

http://www.epa.gov/safewater/dwinfo/index.html

If you can decipher it.   ::)

If you can BELIEVE it!  Not that I'm bitter about government keeping secrets about our health or anything.... :-\
I just looked at my new town's water reports and it says the lead levels miraculously went from 17.? to 8.? in 1 year for no reason.  Neither # is good enough for us to drink, but I find it convenient for them that it dropped below the legal limit so that they wouldn't have to supply bottled water in the schools anymore.  Oh, and the cause was household plumbing erosion, but no filtering was done and I highly doubt that half the town just up and decided to have all new plumbing installed.
  Have I really become this skeptical?  :-\     ~L