Author Topic: Coke Cravings: Phosphoric Acid??  (Read 7232 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Coke Cravings: Phosphoric Acid??
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:49 PM »
I'm looking into the Coke cravings because I'm still having them.  This isn't your typical I just like Coke kind of cravings, because I really don't drink pop anymore and I just don't get cravings like this regularly.  In fact, I don't ever remember having them especially this "strong".  I was always a diet pop drinker, but I want regular Coke.

This is really a stretch, but so far I've come up with that phosphoric acid leaches minerals out of the body, so would it be too crazy to think that maybe your body needs metals cleansed from the body when it craves something of this nature??  Any thoughts?

Maybe it's a need for a higher pH?  Cravings for Vit C?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:25:05 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
Re: Coke Cravings: Phosphoric Acid??
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:15:57 PM »
No answers, but thought I'd document here that I quite understand, because before I started uping my water/salt intake, I'd find myself wandering around the kitchen looking for something to drink. Not eat, drink. It wasn't being thirsty eather, although I am that now (I am guessing that is because I somehow "opened" a fulfilling need and so now my body isn't dead/resigned to what I had been giving it, but now waking up to drink what it really needs). I was looking for something, but didn't exactly know what. <shrug>I have no idea if this is the same kind of longing. Just thought I'd share  :)

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »
I would put money on it that you are craving the high fructose corn syrup. It is six times sweeter than sugar and considered by some to be addictive. It is an extreme sugar rush.

Coke has a low ph, it is acidic and causes the body to be acidic. I'm not following the part about coke cravings being a need for a higher ph...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »
I would put money on it that you are craving the high fructose corn syrup. It is six times sweeter than sugar and considered by some to be addictive. It is an extreme sugar rush.

Coke has a low ph, it is acidic and causes the body to be acidic. I'm not following the part about coke cravings being a need for a higher ph...
Normally I would agree with you, but if I wanted corn syrup, there are so many better ways for my body to find it that I used to rather enjoy.  Why Coke instead of say--Cheesecake (my favorite) from the Grocery Deli??
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
   You probably already know this, but coke has liquid aluminum in it...They once tried to go back temporarilly to glass bottles for an aniversery and sales dropped fast. When asked why, the people said it didn't taste the same. They finally figured out that the cans were disolving slightly into the liquid, making the taste everyone had become accostomed to. Now, when they sell coke in a bottle, they add liquid aluminum into it  :P

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
I was wondering where you got this information on the aluminum in coke? I would like to look into this because I every now and then:) like to have a coke. I know it isn't the greatest for you but maybe I can give it up all together if I Know just how bad it is.

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

Normally I would agree with you, but if I wanted corn syrup, there are so many better ways for my body to find it that I used to rather enjoy.  Why Coke instead of say--Cheesecake (my favorite) from the Grocery Deli??

You might find better ways but I can't think of anything that would give you a faster burst of HFCS than drinking it as a liquid. The immediate gratification is very addicting, I think. Cheesecake includes a fair amount of fat which greatly slows down the absorption of the hfcs.

Here is an article that mentions something called acid addiction...
http://www.mybodyhistemple.com/mbht/atn/glucose.html

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 05:09:08 AM »
I was wondering where you got this information on the aluminum in coke? I would like to look into this because I every now and then:) like to have a coke. I know it isn't the greatest for you but maybe I can give it up all together if I Know just how bad it is.
I searched and only found it at snopes.
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:21:36 AM »

Sorry...don't remember  :'(

However, I know of several people who don't like to buy canned food in aluminum cans but rather in glass (or can themselves). That might be a good lead.

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »
Here is a way to experiment to find your answer... Go to a Mexican store and buy a glass bottle of coke. In mexico they still make the coke with sugar instead of hfcs. Drink the coke and see if it is what you are craving. If not, then it probably is the hfcs.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »
Here is a way to experiment to find your answer... Go to a Mexican store and buy a glass bottle of coke. In mexico they still make the coke with sugar instead of hfcs. Drink the coke and see if it is what you are craving. If not, then it probably is the hfcs.
I might try that if it comes back.

I'm beginning to think it was the acid and the salt.

I just ate Korean tonight and I seemed to not be able to get enough soy sauce and white vinegar.  This is a mix we use often for egg rolls, but I poured it all over my rice and had 2nds and 3rds.  Seemed like I needed it.   :-\ ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline RB

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Have you thought about it maybe being the cola syrup in the coke?     :-\       My Mom used to give us children  cola syrup  for nausea/upset stomach.    I did a search and found some interesting information.      In the first paragraph of this site it said ,  "Cola is a stimulant to the central nervous system, it is anti-depressive, and diuretic."
  http://www.meridianinstitute.com/echerb/files/1cola.html

I also read where some people mixed cola syrup and soda water, to make their own coke. 
Whatsoever things are lovely ...think on these things.  Phil. 4:8