Author Topic: Re: Acne [Blackheads/Pimples]: Causes & Cures  (Read 10115 times)

Offline InEverything

• Adept
Re: Acne [Blackheads/Pimples]: Causes & Cures
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
Of course this is assuming that it is your liver causing problems. (Which in my opinion is a very good place to start ;))
The liver is the best place to start for skin problems and I wouldn't be against trying milk thistle in large amounts.  It is a great herb to take while nursing  :)
The bentonite clay may be helping, but it doesn't seem like it is getting to the real cause of the problem.   Or maybe it is?  Maybe it is helping rid my body of toxic overload. The whites of my eyes are whiter!  I am stopping the vitex and have been taking the bentonite clay every evening.  I read that you can take it twice a day but haven't done that yet.
Thanks for you input!
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline LavenderMom

• Learning
    • From Fields and Gardens
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »
Acne is usually  caused by an internal problem.  It is typically diet related or it can also be caused by a hormonal imbalance.  With that said, following a whole foods diet is your best bet when trying to combat acne. I am a former acne sufferer, myself.  You need to stay away from refined sugars and drink plenty of water and herbal teas with blood purifying properties, such as dandelion, burdock, red clover.  Vitex (chaste berry) and red raspberry leaf are both
excellent herbs to use when you are dealing with PMS acne breakouts.  Make sure you are spending time outside in the sunshine, too.  Sun exposure is good for acne sufferers.  I know you might get conflicting advice in regards to that, but my own experience is that my acne always improved in the summer. 
 However, their are several things you can do to topically treat an existing pimple.  Lavender essential oil works nicely as a topical pimple treatment.  You can also use tea tree oil or grapefruit seed extract.  Bentonite clay mixed with water and made into a paste will absorb any impurities and may dry up a pimple.  Rinsing your face with raw goats milk is very nourishing for the skin and may help settle down a breakout.  Another tip is to make an egg yolk mask by mixing yolk and raw honey together.  Apply this to your skin for a few minutes and rinse well with warm water. 

My final tip is to use all natural skin care products and especially makeup.  Mineral makeup is a fantastic product.  My personal favorite is Joppa Minerals.  My sister developed this line of mineral makeup herself.  She has many clients who suffer from acne and other skin conditions.  She actually advises many of them to sleep in the minerals in order to treat acne problems!  You can purchase Joppa Minerals at http://www.fromfieldsandgardens.com

Offline Helpmeetmom

• Adept
    • Avon organics
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 05:55:23 PM »
I've always had oily skin, and relatively small breakouts, but nonetheless they have never stopped.  When I'm preg, wow!  My skin sure breaks out!  I love being preg in summer though, that darker skin helps skin tone look more evened out even if it's just an illusion  ;)
So grateful for all the Lord has done for me and my family.  God is so good!

cecac

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 02:46:42 AM »
In Eat Fat Lose Fat Sally Fallon gives this recipe:  1 cup coconut oil to 1/4 cup aloe vera juice.  She said people had shared with her that this helped with acne and its scarring.  It is applied several times per day.

Thanks for the herb recommendations.  I have adult onset acne on the chin, probably from a lot of pregnancies.  I may try some herbs, the above recipe, and when I can afford it, the mineral makeup.  I don't know if it's coincidence, but when I put base powder on occasionally, I can tend to break out a little bit.

Blessings,
Cara

Offline horsegirl

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 06:03:46 PM »
Hi everyone,
  Me and my sisters and mom are using the plantain tincture on our faces for our acne. Boy does it smell!!! And sting. At first it just stung and then dried, then, after a few days using it my face would get red and feel warm. Does anyone know what that means?
  How long are you supposed to use it before backing off and letting your skin heal? It seems to be working, a few really deep pimples that have been there forever finally got pulled out. :D  But it dries my skin out soooo bad, can I use anything with it to keep my skin moist and help heal?

horsegirl

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
Hi everyone,
  Me and my sisters and mom are using the plantain tincture on our faces for our acne. Boy does it smell!!! And sting. At first it just stung and then dried, then, after a few days using it my face would get red and feel warm. Does anyone know what that means?
  How long are you supposed to use it before backing off and letting your skin heal? It seems to be working, a few really deep pimples that have been there forever finally got pulled out. :D  But it dries my skin out soooo bad, can I use anything with it to keep my skin moist and help heal?

horsegirl
Mrs. Pearl is on the "Making Herbs Simple" video (bulkherbstore.com) and she said to use the tincture for about 2-3 weeks and your face will clear up.  She didn't say anything about using other products at the same time, so I don't know about that.  I would think that the redness and warmth are the result of the tincture pulling the toxins out of your skin.  Do the symptoms ease up after a bit of time, or is your skin staying red and warm all the time? 

Also, if you can get use of a digital camera- I think this would be a great time to get some before pictures and then get pictures later for the after.  I believe there are people that would like to see the difference.

Missi

Offline Cherished

• Learning
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »
I've had oily skin and breakouts since I was 13. After having several children my hormones are different and my skin tends to be dryer, but still breaks out frequently. Winter is especially bad when I don't get sunshine. I want to wash it so I don't feel greasy, but it gets too dry & then I use a lot of moisturizer.

A few weeks ago I read online somewhere how to wash with OIL. They recommend half olive and half castor. It sounds strange, but the theory is that when you wash away natural oil, your body works extra hard to replace it, causing oilier skin. Also, the soaps or whatever used tend to clog pores. I didn't have any castor oil, so I've been using straight olive oil (they said straight olive oil might be too oilly.)

I'm loving my skin lately! I wish I had known this when I was a teenager. I keep a little jar of oil in the bathroom and rub it in right before my shower. Then in the shower I use a hot washcloth and drape it over my face for a few seconds to open the pores. After that I gently wash away the oil with the washcloth. It doesn't all come completely off. It feels slightly oily still, but when it dries it absorbs into my skin and feels lovely! I hardly need any moisturizer if at all.

I know there are many types of skin and this might not work for everyone, but it's worth a try. :)

P.S. I just do this once a day, and I don't wear makeup so I don't even wash at night.