Author Topic: Bipolar Disorder: Causes & Treatments  (Read 51159 times)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Bipolar Disorder: Causes & Treatments
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »
How grateful I am that I found this thread!  I am a wife and mommy to 2 little ones who is desperate for help.  My family is falling apart, because of me, and now I don't feel alone or hopeless.  Oh, the many times I have cried out to the Lord.  I feel like all the information presented here is an answer to prayer.  Thank you to all who have posted such valuable information.  I am excited to see what the Lord will teach me next and help me through all my "issues".  I can't thank all of you enough--THANK YOU!!! 

keeperathome:

In the book Gut and Pshychology Syndrome the author talks quite a bit about mental health issues being related to gut health.  I know in my family growing up that was absolutely true.  I would highly encourage you to read that book but also to get an ELISA test as food allergies frequently present themselves as "bi-polar."  I know that was true for my hub.  Removing the foods he was allergic to and he's totally normal.  You may want to look into it for further information.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:39 AM »
I just want to ditto SC's post here regarding Truehope: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1603.msg191876.html#msg191876

These people are amazing in their work and knowledge of both bi-polar and epilepsy or seizure disorders, and the nutritional deficiencies they result from.  I would highly recommend checking out their website:

http://www.truehope.com/default.aspx
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline keeperathome

• Learning
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »

keeperathome:

In the book Gut and Pshychology Syndrome the author talks quite a bit about mental health issues being related to gut health.  I know in my family growing up that was absolutely true.  I would highly encourage you to read that book but also to get an ELISA test as food allergies frequently present themselves as "bi-polar."  I know that was true for my hub.  Removing the foods he was allergic to and he's totally normal.  You may want to look into it for further information.

patti
[/quote]

Patti, thank you for your concern.  I actually had an appointment with my doctor today (he is a European homeopathic (and medical) doctor--love him!) and he did mention a tie between food allergies and mental disorders.  He gave me a slip for lab work, so we hope to have answers very soon.  Again, thank you.  ~keeperathome

Offline mommyM

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
Is there any connection with bipolar and alcohol addiction?

We are missionaries in CA and have been given a big burden from the Lord for a young man here.   We have been helping him for over a year, he had been a drunkard for 11 years.  A year ago he gave his heart to the Lord and became a different man, however, throughout this year he had 3 more drinking episodes.    BUT, this last time we feel that there was a real spiritual breakthrough as he confessed alot of hidden sins that he had not confessed before!   There are alot of physical affects of the alcohol, but let me tell you the stuff that they sell here in CA needs no license and it is like drinking pure battery acid, very BAD stuff, they even have chemical fertilizer in it.

I have been reading on bipolar because of our burden to help this young man and he has alot of the symptoms AND his childhood was laden with problems and abuse.   

We feel that there has been a spiritual breakthrough and we continue to stay in close touch and encourage him but how to help his physical condition I am not sure.  I did find this link to nutritional suppplements. 

http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/dealing-with-bipolar.html

Offline jud88hanne

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
It's really hard to control a child with bi-polar disorder. Sometimes we don't know what to do to them when it occurs. Sometimes were too happy getting to know their brighter side. Sometimes it is the parents who adjust just to cope up or cover up their mood change. If we don't know anymore what to do. If our hope is already very less, we can always ask help from experts. We can also send them to therapeutic treatment center for a private treatment or whatever it is that we feel that could help them.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
Is there any connection with bipolar and alcohol addiction?

Both alcoholism and bipolar have a physical element that needs to be addressed.  Brain chemistry can be brought back to a normal state with nutrition and amino acid supplements (and sometimes Rx drugs), and spiritual and emotional issues can be dealt with through prayer and counseling.  Please read "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross for more information.

Bipolar is serious.  Please seek the advice of a  health care provider who has experience in treating bipolar holistically.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:43:49 PM by DHW »