Author Topic: Atrial Tachycardia (prolonged rapid heartbeat)  (Read 65347 times)

Offline berthday

• Adept
Re: Atrial Tachycardia (prolonged rapid heartbeat)
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
This sounds similar to what my husband has. He says that it feels like his heart is " quivering" and his heart rate is fast ( never timed it). It happens after he eats (wheather it's overeating or certain foods (like salsa). He has a lot of sleepless nights because of this and is weak sometimes. It does not happen every day. He's been noticing it more in the last several months. He mentioned one time he was drinking something and it felt like he swallowed some air with it and it kinda hurt when it went down and his heart immediately started fluttering. I would also like to expose my ignorance and find out where the hiatal hernia is usually located at and what the connection would be. Any thoughts?? 

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »
My friend had this and found that it would only happen after she had taken her prescription allergy pills. The doctor was about to put her on another medication, though she wasn't even comfortable taking allergy pills, before she (the doctor) remembered thata side effect of the allergy pill was this tackycardia...since quitting the allergy pills she has not had any more episodes.
maybe this helps.
Tennille

Offline berthday

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 08:55:30 AM »
 He is not on any prescription meds. Thanks though! Any other ideas as to what we can do?

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Hiatal hernia is located where the esophagus goes thru the diaphragm and connects to the stomach. The hole that lets the esophagus thru, gets stretched out, and the top of the stomach comes up thru it and becomes trapped. Food coming into the trapped part of the stomach can agrivate and enlarge the problem.

And if it's big enough, the part of the stomach that gets trapped above the diaphragm, can press on the lungs and heart and 'cause breathing problems and heart symptoms.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
My pregnant mom is having problems with this now, even though her blood pressure is low. The doc isn't worried, but she's uncomfortable and weak. She takes SuperMom, chlorophyll, Bone Ami, and CLO (usually) and is always well-hydrated. So far, electrolyte drinks haven't helped, but I've got her eating a banana now. She really doesn't want to feel so ill until the baby is born. Any other suggestions?

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
My pregnant mom is having problems with this now, even though her blood pressure is low. The doc isn't worried, but she's uncomfortable and weak. She takes SuperMom, chlorophyll, Bone Ami, and CLO (usually) and is always well-hydrated. So far, electrolyte drinks haven't helped, but I've got her eating a banana now. She really doesn't want to feel so ill until the baby is born. Any other suggestions?

Bump.  :)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 02:16:48 AM »
Just from a minute of looking around at info about this condition (which I've had in the past, and know how annoying it is), I would say to look closely at getting more magnesium in addition to the potassium.

Also, it appears that the medical treatment for this are prescription calcium cannel blockers.  Which leads me to believe that this condition is probably linked to too much calcium and/or an imbalance of calcium/magnesium.  If you do some more research/googling you can prob. come up the connection between magnesium/calcium and Tachycardia.

hth!
Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
Just from a minute of looking around at info about this condition (which I've had in the past, and know how annoying it is), I would say to look closely at getting more magnesium in addition to the potassium.

Also, it appears that the medical treatment for this are prescription calcium cannel blockers.  Which leads me to believe that this condition is probably linked to too much calcium and/or an imbalance of calcium/magnesium.  If you do some more research/googling you can prob. come up the connection between magnesium/calcium and Tachycardia.
Thank you, Gwen. :) I will give it a good "googling" and see what comes up. I've gone the juicing route as our bananas are to the cake stage now, and have been giving her orange and grapefruit juices for the past two days. The food sources of potassium seem to be more effective - for her, anyway - than the Gatorade or SmartWater.  ??? We both realized today that during the previous pregnancy (when she had none of these particular issues) Mom was eating half a grapefruit with breakfast every day. I wonder if that was enough potassium to prevent the tachycardia? I guess that's another item to research.  ;)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »
I ran across some info that you might find interesting:
http://www.earthtym.net/ref-quinine.htm
Quinine was used sporadically through the first half of the 18th century for cardiac problems and arrhythmia and it became a standard of cardiac therapy in the second half of the 19th century.

Another alkaloid chemical called quinidine was discovered to be responsible for this beneficial cardiac effect. Quinidine, a compound produced from quinine, is still used in cardiology today, sold as a prescription drug for arrhythmia...

The grapefruit contains a natural 'quinine' and hence is valuable in the treatment of malaria. This 'quinine' is also beneficial in the feverish colds. It can be extracted from the fruits by boiling a quarter of a grapefruit and straining the pulp."

I'm having trouble finding a difinitive source on what this 'quinine' substance is in grapefruit, but it may be a connection for you. 

Hope she's feeling better!

Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.