Author Topic: hair loss in men  (Read 7839 times)

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
hair loss in men
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:14:34 AM »
I looked and didnt see any threads on hair loss for me. My dh has been losing hair for a few years now and seemed fine with it but i noticed lately he stops on the hair loss channels and even stopped using shampoo and went to Burts bees. :o I Think he is getting worried because its come to a point where he needs to shave it all off. He looks so young still and having no hair on top but on the sides will really age him. I try to tell him i think he is hot anyway. :D He really is!!I know its bothering him though so im wondering if anyone can tell me some things he could try or if they know of anything thats worked for them or someone they know.

Thanks!!
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
Re: hair loss in men
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:27 AM »
I can't help you... just wanted to say my DH is the same way. He's had hairloss for as long as I've known him. It is to the point now where I just buzz it down with no guard on the razor. I think he looks so handsome that way! He's a great looking guy, and I can't imagine liking him better anyother way.  ;)
BTW, he's 37 right now... been quite thin haired for the 13 years I've known him.

Offline Wing

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
My husband read that mixing cayenne pepper and olive oil and rubbing it on bald spots would restimulate hair growth.  I don't know if it actually works since he only tried it a few times, but maybe doing it consistently would make a difference. 

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
LOL!! I can see me making DH rub cayenne pepper on his head. If i knew for a fact it would work then i sure would mix him some up though.  :D

He has just went to Burt's Bees shampoo and I'm telling him to also use vinegar as a rinse like me and my oldest dd do. He says he will next time but he never does. I think he is tired of smelling it on me and the last thing he wants is to smell it on him too.  ;D He says sometimes I'm like sleeping with a salad. :-*

Oh and my DH is 32 and has been thinning for the last 5 years. I keep telling him he is still the most handsome guy i know. I guess guys feel the same way us women do about ageing.

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline just jane

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
My dh is 32 as well and has been thinning for at least 5 years.  For awhile, he even used Rogaine and that helped to slow the loss down, he also tried something natural that was supposed to be THE thing!  didn't work.   Now he used nothing.

Hair loss in men is supposed to be a build up of male hormones!  Maybe we could talk of how to tak care of that  ;)    It also is genetic.   Honestly, I have not ever heard of anything that really helps!    I have heard that bald men are supposed to be **xy because they have more male hormones!   I need to agree for my man!

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »
Christine Lavin says it well here:

Bald Headed Men
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
My husband claims that it's is caused by great thinking, thereby causing heat in his head. Sure could be... he's quite a thinker, and very intelligent! I laugh when he says that, and call him a hot head!  :D

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
I have heard that its from to much testosterone and working out a lot and having sexy time can make more of it. DH says he has to work out because of his job. If he doenst work out then his back could go out from the heavy things he has to lift. DH also says he refuses to give up sexy time.  :-[ He says he may be bald but atleast he's happy and bald. ;D

Offline jhandrh

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 05:05:28 PM »
my hubby has shaved his head off/on for the last 10 years.  He claims hair makes his head itch.  He doesn't have obvious dandruff, though.  He has some eczema but not on his head...so i don't know what the "itchy head thing" comes from but oh, well.  He will let his hair grow for something like someone's wedding, then shave it again.  He is 31, and starting to get the receding hairline but he's a great-looking guy with or without hair.  without hair he just looks like someone you don't want for an enemy.  i think he likes that. :D
My great-grandfather was bald (as in totally, gleamingly bald) from the time he was in his early 20's.  He wrote in one of his letters to my great-grandmother that "baldness is a blessing--it keeps the shallow women away." 

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
He is 31, and starting to get the receding hairline but he's a great-looking guy with or without hair.  without hair he just looks like someone you don't want for an enemy.  i think he likes that. :D

That's funny!  :D I used to tell my Dh that when he got his hair cut short, he looked like a mean cowboy.  ;D

Offline jhandrh

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »
He is 31, and starting to get the receding hairline but he's a great-looking guy with or without hair.  without hair he just looks like someone you don't want for an enemy.  i think he likes that. :D

That's funny!  :D I used to tell my Dh that when he got his hair cut short, he looked like a mean cowboy.  ;D

My hubby doesn't look like a cowboy--he just looks mean, or like he could be.  but still hot. ;D

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:07:10 AM »
Christine Lavin says it well here:

Bald Headed Men

LOL! Some of the same things I've always told my man. ;)

Anyone else notice more loss during times of high stress? That is for those of you who have ever experienced major stress. :)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 08:49:08 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Alisha

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
I see that it has been a few years since this was last discussed....any new updates? My dh is losing some hair and he would like to stop it before it gets worse.            He's pretty good at taking his vitamins and eating healthy and we only use a good shampoo that we get at a healh store                                                       
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:33:45 PM by Alisha »