Author Topic: TTU & Food poisoning  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Sonja

• Adept
TTU & Food poisoning
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:43:05 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I did a search to see what had been posted about food poisoning.  I found that activated charcoal is good, but I don't have any on hand.  I was wondering if anyone has had success with TTU against a mild case of food poisoning.  My oldest boy (10) is having cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting so I'm assuming it's food poisoning.  No fever.  I have the TTU on hand and have tried to give him some, but it didn't go down well.

Thanks!  :)

Sonja

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: TTU & Food poisoning
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »
I have had good resluts myself with TT and food poisoning, but be careful with food poisoning... some can be deadly.

The trick with TT is that you have to be able to keep it down for a while, or it cannot work. If you have oil of oregano or grapefruit seed extract, either can be mixed in orange juice approximately 1 to 4 drops in a 6 oz glass and drunk. grapefruit seed extract is probably easier to drink.

Also, just some vinegar in apple juice will help with food poisoning...

--gabe

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:42:27 AM »
Oh, wow, that is GOOD to know.  Although I have never had food poisoning or know anyone close that has. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »
Oh, wow, that is GOOD to know.  Although I have never had food poisoning or know anyone close that has. 

Count this blessing.  Food poisoning is the pits.  :-\
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Sonja

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 06:11:32 AM »
Thanks for the info!  If it was food related, it was minor.  Only a few hours of vomiting diarrhea.  By evening he was eating and running around.  I suspect it being a food since no one else has gotten it, but then haven't figured out what he ate that maybe no one else did.  Perhaps the rest of us just had stronger systems.  Any hints on how to determine the difference between food poisoning and a bug?  ???

Well, praise God that it was short-lived.  And I praise God for warm weather to help dry out the bathroom floor that was covered with water when we got up!  It is the bathroom the children use and no one fesses up to "going" in the middle of the night. 

Also, I did go to the store to buy some charcoal as I read on another thread that this is good for food poisoning.  We didn't use it, but at least now we have it on hand.

Sonja

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:18:29 AM »
OK, one more thing about food poisoning... any acidifying of the GI will help prevent food poisoning, as will live cultures in foods... so, you are much less likely to have bad effects from food poisoning if you commonly consume kefir/kombucha/vinegar with meals... even a low sugar soft drink will (amazingly) probably help because of the acidity.

Many (most?) western countries use a lot more alcohol than Americans do at meals. Usually mid-day and evening meals are eaten with a glass of beer or wine. This is another way to avoid some food poisoning. You may have head the "Traveling in Mexico" slogan, "Drink the Tequila, not the water." Of course it is supposed to appeal to stuffed shirt Americans that need to take a vacation to unwind... and presumably imbibe of that forbidden spring... but it is really a very practical suggestion to drink just about anything other than the water.

So, when you go out, get water with lemon, and squeeze the lemon! Use vinegar and oil on your salad and this will go a long way towards preventing food poisoning.

--gabe

Offline jimmydetectors09

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:49 PM »
Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold  metal detector and have a try.