Author Topic: Heat related headaches  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Christal

• Adept
Heat related headaches
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »
I have suffered from heat related headaches all my life.  It use to be a daily occurrence until I got married and my husband greatly improved my diet.  We eat almost exclusively wild game and garden raised veggies, organic milk, etc.  I still have headaches occasionally during PMS (maybe a couple of times a year). 

However, if I spend more than 2 or 3 hours in the sun on a humid day (we live in Missouri and humidity is brutal from the end of June until early September), my nose closes up and I get a terrible headache.  I thought it was related to dehydration but I can drink water before, during, and after and still get the headache.  It only subsides after being in the air condition for at least two or three times the amount of time I was in the humidity and I have to be very careful the next day.  I usually resort to Tylenol to help me function until it passes.  I know the Tylenol is only a cover up, because if I take it and remain outside, the headache comes back very quickly.

I need to find out how to prevent these headaches because we are very outdoor type people, gardening, fishing, etc.  My husband misses my company and as the kids get older I don't want to keep us penned up.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline mrsnoah

• Adept
Re: Heat related headaches
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »
I also have had a struggle with headaches and also stomach cramps and (ew!)diarrhea after being in the sun very long. For the headache I recommend Excedrin migraine (probably a total no no) but it's the only thing that helps me.
-Mary