Author Topic: Persistent cough/ Heavy feeling in chest  (Read 7889 times)

Offline madamenemo

• Wide Eyed
Persistent cough/ Heavy feeling in chest
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
Hi there,
I am a ruggedly healthy individual, but for the last year, most especially the last six months I have had this awful cough. I sound like a bellowing dog.
No phlegm and nothing coming lose.Though my lungs do hurt with the coughing spasms. I have nursed this problem along until I became a little nervous and had the doctor take a look. Several hundred dollars lighter and reassured that at least it is not cancer I am still left in the dark as to what I am dealing with. The doctor wants to put me on a steroid inhaler but I  am of the stubborn persuasion and would rather know what we are treating before  more money is being spent.The tightness in my chest makes me feel a bit exhausted and when I take a deep breath one can hear a funny sigh at the crest of the  breath. I should mention that I believe I keep a pretty good diet and do much prefer to heal things the way GOD provided.
                            Thanks for any advice,
                                                madamenemo

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: Persistent cough/ Heavy feeling in chest
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »
I had a similar thing happen after a bout with bronchitis.  It lasted a year or so.  Fragrances really bothered me and my chest would tighten up. 

The doc said it was "reversible airway constriction" of the large airway and as such it was not dangerous because I could get plenty of air in and out.  It was uncomfortable and a bit nerve wracking.  Sometimes I could feel a scrubbing sensation in my chest and I would frequently rub the center of my breastbone to relieve that odd sensation that soemthing wasn't quite right. 

Taking magnesium and EPO helped.  I would recommend natural anti-inflammatories and see how you are after 4-8 weeks of faithfully following a supplement/nutrition regimen.  Use fairly generous amounts, too.