Author Topic: Eye Flutter, Ear Pop & Severe Headache??  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Mommaofmany

• Learning
Eye Flutter, Ear Pop & Severe Headache??
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »
Hello!  I am new to this board, but have at least two friends here already (Hi Babymakers and Colefam!).  I look forward to gleaning much wisdom here.

So, this morning, as I was talking to Colefam on her porch, I began to have a fluttering in the vision of my right eye.  After I got home, it got worse.  In fact, I had to have the Lambies eat boxed cereal, instead of the muffins I had planned to bake.  This white, wavy fluttering covered the vision of my right eye for about 45 minutes, then i heard a soft pop in my right ear, the fluttering went away, and I got a TERRIBLE headache!  I laid down, but I finally had to take a couple of Ibuprophen.  Now, about three and a half hours later, I am feeling up to being upright.  I still have a headache, but much milder.  What could have possible happened?  I thought I might have dehydrated, so I drank a 20 oz. Gatorade and a glass of water as soon as I got home, but I didn't notice an improvement....
 ???
Momma

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
Re: Eye Flutter, Ear Pop & Severe Headache??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:51:43 AM »
Momma,

Maybe because my dad is a doctor, so I always think "big" first...  As usualy, my first thoughts were scary, such as a bloodclot or aneurysm.  That likely isn't what happened, but it is better to be safe than put something off too long and have serious complications.

Are you having any weakness or dizzyness? 

To my dad's dismay, we are not big on doctors and never go unless someone needs emergency care, but I personally would think it a very good idea to call in and see if the clinic or hospital think you should come if for a quick exam - it could be something really simple, but... it could be very serious as well! 

You should rule out the really dangerous things to be safe.

My opinion...
I will pray for you today as well!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 01:28:21 PM by RunAmokFarm »
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline joyful_mommy_03

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:12:40 AM »
I have had the exact same thing happen twice in my life and it resulted in a migraine.  The first time I had just had a miscarriage and my hormones were probably going crazy.  The second time was a few days after my wedding and I had been really tired and stressed.  Any big events happening in your life right now?  I'd probably get it checked out as well - just to be safe.

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:22:06 AM »
My Mom had something very, very similar to this happen while she was in labor with her last child and also while driving one day.  It turned out to be seizures of sorts.  One of her triggers ended up being changing lights.  Like if you are driving under trees and you get flashed by sunlight-shade-sunlight in quick succession. 

To my knowledge she only had this happen a couple of times in her life. 

I will be praying for you that you are able to find out what this is and how to eliminate the cause of it!  :)
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »
Sounds like it may have been a migraine.  Twice, the same thing happened to me.  I had that vision disturbance fist (sort of like how the hot air above a fire looks 'wavy'), and then the intense headache, with a little bit of nausea.  I researched migraines a while back, and many sites said that a lot of times, a vision disturbance will preceed the headache.
Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline felmleyfam

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »
This can be as serious as a detached retina; my friend had this. I would go see the eye doctor asap or at least call one and explain what happened. A detached retina is nothing to take your time with.
happy wife & momma ! When people say, "you have your hands full," I say, "and my heart!!!" It changes their negative attitude into a positive one in a few seconds flat

Offline Mommaofmany

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 09:10:53 AM »
Thank you for all your replies.  I spoke with a couple people I know around here, and checked web MD and we believe that I may have had a small heat stroke.  I live in Central CA, and though it was only about 9 AM, it was (and has been and will continue to be) very hot!  Yesterday was 113.  Today will be the same, as have the last five or six days.  My headache continued throughout the day and all evening, but was gone when I awoke.  Thanks again!
Momma

Offline felmleyfam

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 09:26:39 AM »
glad you are feeling better. Kinda scary! :)
happy wife & momma ! When people say, "you have your hands full," I say, "and my heart!!!" It changes their negative attitude into a positive one in a few seconds flat

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 02:20:38 PM »
eeeeeeew.  heat stroke no fun.  hope you're feeling better. :o
  My favorite herb book!!