Author Topic: Knees weaker lately with sore joints. Suggestions?  (Read 1964 times)

Offline konk

• Learning
Knees weaker lately with sore joints. Suggestions?
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:09 AM »
I'm posting this under "women's health" because I have a 10 month old who still nurses quite a bit so I wonder if this is taking its toll on my body and is the main reason.

Over the last month my left knee has become increasingly weak and I am stiff and cannot walk well immediately after sitting with it bent, like on the floor.  After I loosen up it is better but still sometimes weak.  The right is getting similar, though not as bad yet, and I've noticed other joints just a tiny bit less strong than usual, though not painful or concerning at this time.

I have ordered the Bone Ami and the Super Mom but they are not in yet.  I am already taking Calcium with Magnesium, a different brand.

Does anyone have further suggestions on what could be causing this or if I am lacking in further nutrients? 

Is there enough iron in the Super Mom or should I supplement this as a breastfeeding mother.  Also, am I correct that the calcium should be taken at a different time?

Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Knees weaker lately with sore joints. Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »
How's your potassium intake?  Be careful taking too much for you and baby, but I get sore joints and muscles when my potassium is depleted.  I know that potatoes and bananas are a rich natural source of potassium.
  My favorite herb book!!