Author Topic: Extreme Jumpiness - Nervousness HELP  (Read 10170 times)

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
  • www.homeschoolblogger.com/rebeccahuff
Extreme Jumpiness - Nervousness HELP
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:44:26 AM »
I searched all through the Central Nervous System threads, etc. and I couldn't find this topic, so if it's out there, please direct me!

For the last 3-4 weeks I have been extremely jumpy, sensitive to sounds, and sudden movements. When I am sitting in a chair and one of my children leans on it or worse, bumps into it, it's like a jolt runs through my nervous system. If my children talk too loud, to them it's a normal speaking voice, my nerves fry!!!  It's not like I feel angry, but like that feeling when you almost fall off the roof!  Almost like an anxiety thing, I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes I have to go hide in the bedroom just to get away from various sounds.

When I wake up in the morning I automatically feel like my heart is racing, etc. It seems to progress during the day until I feel like the slightest sound or movement will send me over the edge.  The sound of my baby crying actually hurts. What is wrong with me?????

Offline Melie

• Master
Re: Extreme Jumpiness - Nervousness HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:13:29 AM »
I am probably way off but it kind of reminds me of some of the things I'm reading in "unraveling the mysteries of autism".  It's an awesome book and has alot more info than just Autism info. Have you read it?  It is so in depth it is hard to explain what I mean. 

Or maybe panic attacks.

Do you feel like something bad is going to happen when things get too noisy and feel the need to calm them down quick or is it just a quick physical reaction to the sound? 

Maybe you could try taking valerian and some other relaxing and calming herbs throughout the day.  Or finding a good calming tea that won't completely knock you out.  Also, pray of course.

I have dealt with this to some degree.  Been worse since the birth of my 4th but I feel better now than I had for a long time in this regard, my baby is 7 mos now.  You just had a baby, right?

I hope you figure something out that will be helpful.  I'll be praying for you, that is hard.

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:16:37 AM »
Adrenal glands sound depleted. Classic symptom...
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
Adrenal glands sound depleted. Classic symptom...

THis makes sense. I was seeing a kinesiologist (butchered the spelling I'm sure) and he said my adrenals were weak. So what do you do to strengthen them! I'll go look on some other threads.

As far as the autism thing, I'm not sure there's any correlation there. I have read that book too, b/c my son has aspergers.  We totally revamped our diet years ago, and while I might be missing out on some nutrient or eating something I'm allergic to, it is definitely not from processed foods, MSG, food dyes, or anything like that. We eat Ultra Natural.  What else were you thinking?

Thanks for the help, so much. I am a jittery bag of nerves. Things just make me jump, you know? Normal sounds....

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »
A couple years ago I was like this too.  If I would be laying on the couch and the doorbell rang, it was like the world was coming to an end.  I would be so startled that I felt like I was going into a panic attack.  And the doorbell wasn't even that loud!!  It turns out I had Lyme Disease, which comes with panic attacks. 
Just my story, hth
mauimom

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »
You could try Hylands " Calms" and " Calms Forte". Homeopathic formulas and very mild. Boiron also makes a line of calming homeopathics that you might try for a while just to take the edge off.

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 06:55:45 AM »
Cool! I even already had some of that Magnesium Calm stuff. I just didn't know, is it ok to take while pregnant? 

That doorbell example is EXACTLY how I feel. Gee, I hope I don't have Lyme's Disease!  I think it is some deficiency, but not sure what or how to fix it. I'm going to try the High Vitamin Cod Liver Oil and see if that makes a difference. 

I also took Calms Forte to help me sleep the last pregnancy, so I could try that again too! Thanks for the reminders!

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 08:02:49 PM »
There is an adrenal support my naturopath offered to me that is totally without glandulars. It is all plant based I think. I will find out the name of it for you, and the ingredients if I can. I decided to go with the glandulars myself, but don't know if it is advised while pg, which I am not  :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:05:36 PM by NotLuckyButBlessed »
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:05:24 AM »
Silly question, I know, but you're not drinking anything with caffine in it, right?
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 10:11:40 AM »
Silly question, I know, but you're not drinking anything with caffine in it, right?

No, I'm very careful to avoid caffeine, even when I'm not pregnant. I do have an occassional piece of chocolate, but rarely.  I certainly don't think enough to cause me to feel like that!

On a good note, I have been using the High Vitamin Cod Liver Oil and I am seeing an improvement.