Poll

What cloth diaper do you love the most?  (and have personally used)

Flat
2 (3%)
Chinese Prefold
12 (17.9%)
Indian Prefold
2 (3%)
Prefold - other
5 (7.5%)
Proraps
4 (6%)
Bummis
4 (6%)
Mother-Ease
4 (6%)
Kushies
0 (0%)
Kissaluvs
3 (4.5%)
Fuzzi Bunz
10 (14.9%)
AIO - other
2 (3%)
Pocket diaper - other
4 (6%)
Bum Genius
4 (6%)
Drybees
0 (0%)
G diaper
3 (4.5%)
Contours - other
3 (4.5%)
Fitted - other
5 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Cloth diaper poll  (Read 22682 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Cloth diaper poll
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 05:30:07 AM »
bump!   :D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 07:07:47 AM »
Sorry, I just saw this.  :D  Do you mean the rough side of it vs. the furry side?  I put the rough side down on the cover/wrap thing, and the furry next to the bottom, IF that's what you mean?

I have found that those inserts do not last more that 2 hours or so w/ my boy...I like the Chinese prefolds in there better (folded in 3 panels).

Can't help you w/ the rest, sorry!
Can anyone clue me in?  i have been using gdiapers w/ the cloth insert. i like them for the ease of use & the soaker pad being separate.  i don't like how rough it is, & the outer cover gets damp every time he pees.  is it normal to have to change baby after each pee?  i had an all-in-one i think but didn't like it cuz it took forever to dry.  can  you tell me which of the above mentioned diapers would a) not need rubber pants & b) have the pad separate?  i would also like it if they were really soft.

so specifically, could i use the bummis super brites with the cloth inserts i already have? i have the gdiapers small ones, and some bulky chinese prefolds (i think that's what they are!)  so the bummis need to go over something else right? also, looking at the Flip diaper covers. 

also, i have the gdiapers disposable inserts i'd like to use with whatever option i come up with.

come on girls! need your opinions!   ;D

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
I like the prefolds in there too (I can't say that I have ever used the g-cloth insert though).  I took my prefolds and cut them to the size of a disposable insert, and sewed two layers of diaper together.  They are less bulky, and I don't have to fold anything when changing.  But, yeah she only seems to be able to pee once in it. 
4yo DD: "Mom can I have a cookie?"
MommyGus: (being silly) "Say 'You are the best mom in the whole world'"
4yo DD: (being very sweet) "I love you Mom...In the best world...I love you"

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »
i meant the velcro being rough, they are getting pretty tight on him, but not quite tight enough to move to the mediums.  idk, i like them ok, may just use the prefolds i have with my medium gdiapers. 

so what other kids would i NOT need rubber pants, and have the cloth insert separate from the cover?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."