Author Topic: Frequent Night Urination in Adults  (Read 7605 times)

Offline 1bolinha

• Learning
  • Live Jesus!
    • Rancho del Rey Church
Frequent Night Urination in Adults
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
Does anyone know what causes night time urination in adults?  I hear both men and women talking about having to wake several times a night to use the bathroom.  I also heard a health talk show mention a possible mineral/vitamin deficiency and cannot remember exactly what it was.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
Re: Frequent Night Urination in Adults
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
I cant say what causes it for everyone but for me it seems to be from :
-food allergies
-diabetes
-having had babies

Food allergies being the major cause of night time running to the potty.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »
Yeast can be a contributor to this problem.  This person may need to look at other symptoms to be able to diagnose properly.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »
This may seem silly, but it really is true.  Cooking in teflon coated pans can be a huge contributer to this!  My dad read about it, and stopped cooking his eggs in the non-stick skillet for breakfast.  After a couple of day, the nighttime trips to the bathroom dramatically decreased.  He was very glad, as you can imagine.  Something about the chemicals in the coating cause a reaction with the urinary system.

Offline viola

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:50:57 AM »
don't forget that this is a clue to adult onset diabetes.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:14:16 AM »
This may seem silly, but it really is true.  Cooking in teflon coated pans can be a huge contributer to this!  My dad read about it, and stopped cooking his eggs in the non-stick skillet for breakfast.  After a couple of day, the nighttime trips to the bathroom dramatically decreased.  He was very glad, as you can imagine.  Something about the chemicals in the coating cause a reaction with the urinary system.
That's interesting.  :o I used to make trips in the middle of the night alot and then I just didn't any more.  I attributed it to yeast cleansing and I'm sure that had something to do with it, but along this same journey, I DID throw out my teflon as well. 
  My favorite herb book!!