Author Topic: Anyone know a good, free homeschool forum?  (Read 16898 times)

Offline Ruby

• Adept
Re: Anyone know a good, free homeschool forum?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
Does anyone here use Ambleside?  I am planning to start it as soon as I can even though it's part way through the year for us.  What we are doing now just isn't working and I need a brand new approach.  If you use this, could you please tell me how it's going & the pros & cons for your homeschool.  Thanks!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 02:10:56 AM »
Does anyone here use Ambleside? 

There are quite a few options to read here:

http://www.7xsunday.net/forum/index.php

Just type in Ambleside in the search option and quite a few hits come up.  HTH!

Offline Leat

• Adept

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 03:50:31 AM »
Does anyone here use Ambleside?  I am planning to start it as soon as I can even though it's part way through the year for us.  What we are doing now just isn't working and I need a brand new approach.  If you use this, could you please tell me how it's going & the pros & cons for your homeschool.  Thanks!
We started off with The WellTrained Mind, but over the years I started integrating ambleside into our daily routine.
I tend to get a bit 'intense' with things and TWTM was very rigorous and my kids needed a bit of a break after a couple of years.
I did ambleside for about a year, and really enjoyed it.  I have just recently gone back to TWTM as I needed a bit more structure than ambleside provided (if that makes any sense at all).  Basically I really appreciate the ideals of classical education, but we needed a break and ambleside was a nice fit.
There are alot of yahoo ambleside groups  (amblesideonline) available including a main group and ambleramble and other year specific groups.
I think that ambleside is a great, thorough curriculum with alot of free resources.  I still pull alot of the resources they offer for our school now.
The cool thing about homeschooling to me is that you can change what you are doing if it doesn't work, and then if you want, you can go back to it later. 

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 06:55:57 AM »

I am considering trying Ambleside next school year.  The reason it may be a good fit for my family is that we lead a very busy lifestyle ( fun and adventurous too)!!  I don't do well with a teacher's manual because I end up feeling guilty about all of the stuff I didn't do. :-[ :P
With Ambleside I can follow the suggestions and fit in what I can.  I love the book lists!
I'll let you know if I do it!
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18