Author Topic: Can anybody help???  (Read 6765 times)

Offline Wood_Woman

• Wide Eyed
Can anybody help???
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:26:19 PM »
My right, upper eyelid has been "twitching" for about two weeks now....does anyone know what might be causing this? I am going through a very stressful time right now, but, I have been for months, and the spasams have been going on for aobut 14-16 days. It's driving me CRAZY.
PLEASE HELP!!

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
Re: Can anybody help???
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »
My brother used to get that all of the time and we were told it was due to a calcium deficiency. He never liked milk and so never go as much calcium as the rest of us......... Don't know if we were ever able to prove that, but anyhow, HTH.  :)

Offline littlemama24

• Master
    • check out this website!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:36:35 AM »
I get it when my eyes are tired - if you are stressed, you could also be a bit sleep deprived. Do you wear contacts or eyeglasses?  Perhaps you just need a rest??? :-\

Offline farmgirls

• Adept
  • On my journey to be an excellent helpmeet
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 09:19:18 AM »
I have heard that this is caused by stress.  My dad said that while he was teaching, his eye would start twitching.  He said it was from all the stress, as he was also very busy at the time.  I get it too when I don't get enough sleep.  It also drives me crazy.  I hope it gets better soon!
farmgirls
And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and maintenance for thy maidens. Psalms

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my blog! http://www.alpinesjoy.com/

cecac

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:27 AM »
Sinus pressure?

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:43:46 AM »
I posted a question here:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1789.0.html

about eye twitching/muscle spasms.  It was in pregnancy, but at this time I don't think it was really a pregnancy-only issue.  (It's hard to tell with me given my history.) 

Potassium would be one thing to try if the Calcium/magnesium supplement doesn't do the trick.

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
ACV drink (8 ounces distilled water to 2 tsp. each raw honey and raw, not distilled Apple Cider Vinegar, like Bragg's) has lots of potassium. And the drink is good for lots of other things as well, so you might get some side benefits.
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX