Author Topic: Burping after meals  (Read 7457 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Burping after meals
« on: December 26, 2007, 08:40:15 AM »
hello all, i've looked for a similar topic, but not finding anything.  recently i developed a lot of burping after meals, which is not normal for me.  the only thing i can think of is a possible lack of stomach acid, so am trying zypan for that.  if that doesn't work, any other ideas of possibilities?  anyone else have this problem or solve it?  thanks!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Burping after meals
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 08:58:46 AM »
Sounds like you are having a hard time digesting your food.  You may want to look at the Enzyme thread. 
I started out burping a whole lot before I had some gall bladder type pain.  Has your raw milk increased?  That is the only thing that I can link mine to.
Try apple cider vinegar before or after meals, papaya, pineapple, or mango with a meal for digestion.  I take Super Papaya Enzyme Plus, and I like it.  Also, I found chewing my food slower and more thorough has helped to make me feel full sooner.  Hope some of this helps.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
Hi HIO--we don't have access to raw milk, but i haven't really changed anything about my diet.  it seems to go on for a couple hours after eating.  i took the Zypan today, but it seems to give me excess gas.  i may try it again after my inlaws go home and see.  i think it has enzymes in it.  might try the papaya, where do you get that brand?  it's strange, i have this problem even just after having tea and normal things like that.  i didn't ever have trouble with it before.  might try the ACV, i have some bragg's.  thanks for the suggestions.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »
I can ditto the papaya tablets after eating.  Also, ACV is great about 30 minutes after a meal, diluted in water.
Make sure you dont' drink water WITH your meal, this slows digestion.

My 3 very digusting sons would tell you that it's good manners to burp after meals, loud and often, if you happen to be living in ancient Rome.  Their mother does not agree, but even I laugh sometimes.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »
Hi HIO--we don't have access to raw milk, but i haven't really changed anything about my diet.  it seems to go on for a couple hours after eating.  i took the Zypan today, but it seems to give me excess gas.  i may try it again after my inlaws go home and see.  i think it has enzymes in it.  might try the papaya, where do you get that brand?  it's strange, i have this problem even just after having tea and normal things like that.  i didn't ever have trouble with it before.  might try the ACV, i have some bragg's.  thanks for the suggestions.

well just to clarify after all the silly talk about noisy burps, etc.   ::)  my new "burping" thing is more little burps, not really enough to make any noise or anything.  i have kept taking the zypan, and they have subsided quite a bit, so am thinking it's low stomach acid.  also, it made me "go" quite a bit and much softer than is usual for me.  things that make ya go hmmmmm........

my son burps a lot.  mostly just for fun i think..... ;D  i didn't think it was fun though for me.   :P 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 08:47:52 AM »
As a courtesy to the member who started this thread and those participating in the conversation, please attempt to stay on topic as much as possible.

If the conversation triggers a new subject of interest, please search the forum for a more appropriate thread for the discussion.  When one cannot be found, start a new one.

If you'd like to have a more personal conversation that would otherwise derail the topic, please take advantage of your ability as a forum member to send personal messages.

Thanks.

~hb
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:18:45 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!