Author Topic: Broken Toe?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Mrs. Dugger

• Adept
Broken Toe?
« on: July 19, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »
We think my husband broke his toe yesterday while training for a martial arts tournament.  He'd rather not go to the doctor since there doesn't seem to be any nerve damage or anything, and he would still like to compete this weekend.  Does anyone know of any herbs/supplements that might speed healing, naturally?

He already takes a mulit-vitamin, plus MSM, Omega 3-6-9 oils (fish, borage, & Flax seed oils), spirulina, kefir, acidolfilus, and eats really healthy.  (non-homogonized milk, sprouted grains only, etc., etc.)

Thanks! :)

Offline mishy

• Master
Re: Broken Toe?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 06:01:26 PM »
Comfrey is said to knit broken bones.  I would use it as a poultice. 

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »
Boneset. Buy it from a reputable resource. Also, if he does a raw, vegan diet until then his body will go into super speed heal mode. www.hacres is a vegan site that can describe the diet. It is hard but works.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:23:46 AM »
I have friends that have had broken toes, and a wrist.  They swear by taking homepathic arnica.  They seem to not have any broken bones, now, so I am assuming that it works real well.

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 04:16:36 AM »
My DH is like yours when it comes to Drs.

This won't help with the competition he wanted to enter, but I thought I'd tell you what I did to treat him. Basically, I stayed out of his way. If you've ever had to share a cave with an injured bear, you get the idea.

When he would try to keep going and moan about the pain because he was walking on it, ( ???) I kept the eye rolling  ::) to a minimum along with the  ;D snickers. These were best done in the other room. Bears in pain don't care much for being fussed over, but they will receive their favorite meal while in the recliner. Don't expect a thankyou. If he will accept it, ice packs help the pain and swelling. If not, just tell him how very brave and strong he is to endure so well. Do this without thinking of the childbirth without pains meds you have gone through.

Happy healing! 8) ;)
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Mrs. Dugger

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 06:55:49 AM »
Do this without thinking of the childbirth without pains meds you have gone through.

Happy healing! 8) ;)

LOL, thanks, I needed that :)  :P Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  1/3 of his diet is raw food so I think that will help, and I will look into the herbs mentioned.  Thanks!  I love this site :)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
We think my husband broke his toe yesterday while training for a martial arts tournament.  He'd rather not go to the doctor since there doesn't seem to be any nerve damage or anything, and he would still like to compete this weekend.  Does anyone know of any herbs/supplements that might speed healing, naturally?

He already takes a mulit-vitamin, plus MSM, Omega 3-6-9 oils (fish, borage, & Flax seed oils), spirulina, kefir, acidolfilus, and eats really healthy.  (non-homogonized milk, sprouted grains only, etc., etc.)

Thanks! :)

Sounds like he already takes pretty much everything I would have suggested except maybe magnesium (does MSM already have this) to help with calcium absorbtion.  I've read several articles that claim that chocolate is a terrific source of magnesium.  Good news for hubby. ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 06:53:09 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!