Author Topic: Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures  (Read 213349 times)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
Re: Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »
Yes, the Water Cure is a good place to start. I would also recommend staying off the sugar and carbs, and adding Tummy Tuneup or some strong probiotic to your diet and to all of your kid's diets. TTup in bottles, on your breast if you're nursing, and sprinkled in baby food will clear up your baby's symptoms and the thrush. You taking TTup will help heal your gut sooner. The Water Cure will help you pass the releasing toxins and clean out the die-off faster.

Yes, start with the Water Cure, and keep up with your diet efforts. Add TTup as soon as you can.

Eat lots of kefir and yogurt. If you can find it, buy a high grade aloe vera juice and drink it mixed in water or juice every day. Aloe is a good alternative for Yeast Assassin in killing the Candida Albicans. It is safe for pregnant and nursing mothers, and for children. It will also help heal holes in the gut caused by the candida.

You are going to be okay - and your family will get well. It seems overwhelming right now, and it may take a while, but you're on the right track, and persistence will see you through.

Prayers for you,

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2006, 09:00:54 PM »
You need some probiotics.  Tummy Tune-up is a good choice, but you can get acidophilus or some other probiotic at your health store.  I am personally taking TT as is my husband and kids.  You also need to monitor your fats.  You need to make sure you eliminate all hydrogenated oils and fats (shortening, crisco, veggie oils, etc) and replace them with good fats (butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc)  Extra virgin coconut oil is also good for killing yeast and I believe it's safe for infants as well.  Cod Liver Oil is a very good supplement for omega 3's which is the type of fatty acid you need.  

Drink lots and lots and lots of water and if the die-off is coming too fast for you and baby to handle, then eat some oatmeal for awhile or some whole grain toast.  This will slow the detox down a bit.  I just wrote a post about how to monitor your carbs and sugars to help with candida.  CLICK HERE.  

Here's the thread on Leaky Gut which will give you a run down of symptoms and dietary helps.
Here's another thread on treating candida without yeast killing supplements.

For your baby's skin, read this post on detergents.  His skin is most likely related to candida, but detergents could be a contributing factor as well.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:24:08 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline quiverfilling

• Learning
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 02:47:45 AM »
Thanks to everyone who replied so far...I'm at least feeling like I'm on the right track....QUestion:  WHat is the Water Cure?  Is there a link or something someone could post for such thing?  I drink about 150 oz. of water a day, sometimes with lemon (if I put lemon in it too often, I get sores in my mouth), so if the water cure is something more than drinking a lot of water, let me know. THAnks.  And if anyone else has anything to add to my dilemma, please let me know. Thanks for all the old links, healthybratt...that's been helpful.  Hopefully, I'll have time to read them soon. 
God bless everyone!

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:25:28 AM by healthybratt »

Offline Caroline

• Adept
    • New Little Blessing
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 03:46:32 AM »
I also have thrush, and am nursing a 10 month boy. I was taking the TT and while it helped my bowels a lot, I got thrush while taking it!  I still love the product, and will continue to take it, but it must not have been strong enough for me.  I ordered something called threelac, and so far I am very pleased with it.  You can buy it off of ebay cheaper, if you email the person that sells it on ebay, she will sell it to you for $50.00 as compared to $65.00.  Hope that helps. Hang in there!  One thing I always think when I feel terrible about not having the best milk supply possible is, it is always better than formula. At least I think so!
Caroline
www.newlittleblessing.com
Ergos, Pregnancy/Ovulation tests, Books, Modest Patterns, Modest Nursing covers, Baby and Child size slings and Vitamins!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2006, 05:40:45 AM »
I also have thrush, and am nursing a 10 month boy. I was taking the TT and while it helped my bowels a lot, I got thrush while taking it!  I still love the product, and will continue to take it, but it must not have been strong enough for me.  I ordered something called threelac, and so far I am very pleased with it.  You can buy it off of ebay cheaper, if you email the person that sells it on ebay, she will sell it to you for $50.00 as compared to $65.00.  Hope that helps. Hang in there!  One thing I always think when I feel terrible about not having the best milk supply possible is, it is always better than formula. At least I think so!

You may have had a slight case of thrush all along.  Sometimes when you start killing candida you get what appear to be new infections, rashes, itches, and other symptoms.  This is a reaction called die-off which happens when the yeast begins to decay.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2006, 05:43:05 AM »
Great maternity patterns in your online store, Caroline!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2006, 12:08:43 PM »
After reading the symptom list for Candida/LGS, I see that I have about half of them. This is my question:

Even though I don't know for sure, can I still take Yeast Assassin , Tummy Tune-up along with my "NOW 2-Superfoods multi vitamin" and daily dose of Vitex? Will all these mixed together be alright? Also, on the TT and YA- do you take them all the time or only for a certain amount of days at a time or what??

About sugars and grains with LGS- I do eat fresh ground grains in homemade bread, brown rice, fresh ground corn meal, etc. Are even these "good" grains bad for me if I have Candida/LGS? And as far as sugar, I am trying to cut the refined as much as possible, but what about honey, sorgham, succanut, cane juice crystals? Are these still bad? I don't eat a lot of them, just in breads, healthy desserts, smoothies, etc.
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline Laalex2

• Learning
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »
I've had yeast for many years and the diet helped some...and I was very strict but what has really helped me is Grapefruit Seed Extract.  You can get it at any health food store.  It's very bitter but you take 10 drops in water 3 times a day before meals and it has helped me tremendously.  Studies have proven it's very effective against yeast and parasites, particularly giardia.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2006, 05:05:17 PM »
Even though I don't know for sure, can I still take Yeast Assassin , Tummy Tune-up along with my "NOW 2-Superfoods multi vitamin" and daily dose of Vitex? Will all these mixed together be alright? Also, on the TT and YA- do you take them all the time or only for a certain amount of days at a time or what??
I'm not familiar with your vitamin, but as far as I know there are no problems mixing TT or YA with any other supplements.

About sugars and grains with LGS- I do eat fresh ground grains in homemade bread, brown rice, fresh ground corn meal, etc. Are even these "good" grains bad for me if I have Candida/LGS? And as far as sugar, I am trying to cut the refined as much as possible, but what about honey, sorgham, succanut, cane juice crystals? Are these still bad? I don't eat a lot of them, just in breads, healthy desserts, smoothies, etc.
These choices are great if you're not fighting yeast.  But when fighting candida, sugar is sugar.  All sugars feed yeast, even the healthy ones. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »
Now what?  What else can I give him to take care of the yeast problem? 

I got rid of all my family's yeast problems with this product...
www.stopyeast.com

i am interested in hearing more about your experience with this.  i have 5 kids, who all have some symptoms of yeast.  how many children did you use it with?  did you use both of the recommended products?  how long did they have to take it?  i have it and i think my hubby too, though he won't believe me  ::)  will just let him figure it out on his own!  anyway, i would like to know also, did you discontinue all sugars including bread, pasta, etc. and for how long?  or did you just let them eat normally and give them the threelac? 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 06:51:23 AM »
I am just wondering about consuming honey while dealing with yeast overgrowth. If honey is antifungal and antibacterial in its raw state wouldn't it be healthy to use moderate amounts even while trying to "starve" the candida?
I have been treating candida overgrowth for most of this year. I did eliminate all sugar and molasses for awhile but still used small amounts of honey and maple syrup. I just didn't have flare ups with the honey like I did with evaporated cane juice and succanat. Does anyone know if raw honey is actually beneficial in a treatment plan?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
I am just wondering about consuming honey while dealing with yeast overgrowth. If honey is antifungal and antibacterial in its raw state wouldn't it be healthy to use moderate amounts even while trying to "starve" the candida?
I have been treating candida overgrowth for most of this year. I did eliminate all sugar and molasses for awhile but still used small amounts of honey and maple syrup. I just didn't have flare ups with the honey like I did with evaporated cane juice and succanat. Does anyone know if raw honey is actually beneficial in a treatment plan?
I would say, only if you're eating it raw.  If you heat it, bake with it, cook it or put it in your hot tea then I would avoid it whenever possible.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2006, 07:40:09 PM »

www.stopyeast.com

i am interested in hearing more about your experience with this.  i have 5 kids, who all have some symptoms of yeast.  how many children did you use it with?  did you use both of the recommended products?  how long did they have to take it?  i have it and i think my hubby too, though he won't believe me  ::)  will just let him figure it out on his own!  anyway, i would like to know also, did you discontinue all sugars including bread, pasta, etc. and for how long?  or did you just let them eat normally and give them the threelac? 

bumpity bumpity bump  :D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline aleviola

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
Hello,
I am also on my journey to healing from Candida.  I purchased my first yeast assassin 2 months ago and let me tell you, was I elated when for two days my itching was gone (I have psoriasis, rectal itching and ear itching).  I have never felt so good.  Anyway, at the time I was taking another probiotic that I had in the house.  When I finished that I started taking Tummy Tuneup, and then I started itching again.  I have to admit I've had a hard time sticking to the diet, although I don't eat refined sugar or drink soda, I have a hard time staying away from bread and pasta (I'm from Italy ;D) Anyway, I do okay during the day( no more awful mouth on fire and lay-on-the-couch-I'm-so-out-of-it after meals), but in the evening I itch from head to toe.  Sometimes taking some colloidal silver seems to help, I know it helps my psoriasis when I use it topically.  I think the TTU is a good product, I think I just got the wrong one.  However, I just ordered another probiotic (Lactobacillus Sporogenes), I've heard great things about it. It's one of the ones in Threelac.  The guy at the place where I bought it is very helpful,  he is very big into aloe.  I might introduce that next.  I'm doing so many things right now: YA, Probiotic, milk thistle (for the liver), enzymes and bee immune.  If anyone wants the information just let me know.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.  Incidentally after being sick twice last month on the days I didn't eat there was no itching whatsoever.  I'm going to give this new probiotic a try and if it doesn't work, I'll corner my doctor for some Nystatin.  Somebody mentioned kefir that had sugar, I'm getting ready to get some live kefir grains and make my own.  I have more info on that if anyone wants.

So long!

aleviola

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2006, 08:55:55 PM »
Aleviola,

Is it possible you might be allergic to the milk thistle?  It's a relative of ragweed and a very common allergy.  It's probably die-off from the candida, but if it lasts longer than a few days while on a strict no-sugar diet, you might have another problem.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2006, 11:46:27 AM »

www.stopyeast.com

When we used threelac we just let the toddlers eat normally. We didn't have sweets in the house for a week or two and maybe a little less fruit and grains since I cut those out.

Offline Charity

• Learning
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2006, 01:07:36 PM »
So here is a question for all you candida experts out there... My three year old has had this rash on his arms since he was one (my 2 yr. old got it at the same time too). They both had about three or four ear infections before they were one and were on antibiotics for them. We struggled with yeast infections all the time also. Our doctor said the rash was just a form of eczema and since it doesn't itch he didn't want to do anything for it. I have been playing around with their diet a little thinking it may be allergy related. But I started giving them about half a capslul of acidophilus with meals for the past week. The rash seems to be worse, could this be yeast related or maybe just the cooler weather?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2006, 05:09:16 AM »
So here is a question for all you candida experts out there... My three year old has had this rash on his arms since he was one (my 2 yr. old got it at the same time too). They both had about three or four ear infections before they were one and were on antibiotics for them. We struggled with yeast infections all the time also. Our doctor said the rash was just a form of eczema and since it doesn't itch he didn't want to do anything for it. I have been playing around with their diet a little thinking it may be allergy related. But I started giving them about half a capslul of acidophilus with meals for the past week. The rash seems to be worse, could this be yeast related or maybe just the cooler weather?
It may be die-off.  This is where the condition appears to worsen before it gets better.  Research shows that most cases of exzema are related to yeast overgrowth and food intolerances caused by yeast overgrowth and/or leaky gut syndrome.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2006, 05:31:14 AM »
We got rid of my daughter's eczema by making sure she got more vitamin A. I had read that sometimes it's caused by a vitamin A defeciency, and since it worked for her I guess, in her case, it was.
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Charity

• Learning
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2006, 06:21:36 AM »
HB, if there is a problem with leaky gut... how would I know, and what would I do for the young ones in my life?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2006, 09:11:36 AM »
HB, if there is a problem with leaky gut... how would I know, and what would I do for the young ones in my life?
Read this link for starters.  Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Charity

• Learning
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
From reading this and the other links on this thread, I don't know where to start as far as our diet is concerned. If we take out wheat, nuts, fruit, and cheese I don't know what we would eat. What do we substitute for these and how necessary is it and safe for my children? Also... what foods are high in vitamin A?  :)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »
From reading this and the other links on this thread, I don't know where to start as far as our diet is concerned. If we take out wheat, nuts, fruit, and cheese I don't know what we would eat. What do we substitute for these and how necessary is it and safe for my children? Also... what foods are high in vitamin A?  :)

I Think I Have Leaky Gut and/or Candida:  What Now?

Pay particular attention to number 1 and look at the related links. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Jardin de papillon

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2006, 04:26:12 AM »
Dear BeeyoutifulGirl,

I am new to this chat and posting stuff but I wanted to ask you some questions about treating yeast.  I do believe I hve symptoms of yeast overgrowth and was interested in the anti-yeast pack on Beeyoutiful.com but I don't know how long I should take them.  There is one Yeast assassin in the pack and the website says to take 4 a day so that would last about 22 days.  There are 2 Acidophilus Blast - TT6 so at 4 a day, that would last 2 months.  There is one Tummy Tuneup8 - Original Blend and at 3 a day, that would last about 20 days.  Is 20 days enough for treatment?  Should I get 2 more Yeast assassin and Tummy Tuneup8 - original blends and take the whole regiment for about 2 months?  Is there a danger in taking Yeast Assassin for too long?

Also, after the "treatment" phase is done, I want to take a daily probiotic.  I read what was on the Beeyoutiful.com website about the difference between the 3 products.  I don't commonly use active culture sugar-free yogurt or kefir so Acidophiphilus blast may be what I need.  Yet I cannot get farm fresh vegetables and fruits either so I may need Ultimate Defense also.  When you say active culture sugar-free yogurt, do you mean the plain yogurt I can buy in the grocery store?  I would be willing to eat that on a daily basis and get the Ultimate Defense if you thought that would be good.

And one more question (I am sorry to be so chatty my first time on), if I do go with Ultimate Defense, do I need to keep taking Spirulina since they both have "greens" in them?

Thank you so much for your help.

Jardin de papillon

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »
Dear BeeyoutifulGirl,

I am new to this chat and posting stuff but I wanted to ask you some questions about treating yeast.  I do believe I hve symptoms of yeast overgrowth and was interested in the anti-yeast pack on Beeyoutiful.com but I don't know how long I should take them.  There is one Yeast assassin in the pack and the website says to take 4 a day so that would last about 22 days.  There are 2 Acidophilus Blast - TT6 so at 4 a day, that would last 2 months.  There is one Tummy Tuneup8 - Original Blend and at 3 a day, that would last about 20 days.  Is 20 days enough for treatment?  Should I get 2 more Yeast assassin and Tummy Tuneup8 - original blends and take the whole regiment for about 2 months?  Is there a danger in taking Yeast Assassin for too long?

Also, after the "treatment" phase is done, I want to take a daily probiotic.  I read what was on the Beeyoutiful.com website about the difference between the 3 products.  I don't commonly use active culture sugar-free yogurt or kefir so Acidophiphilus blast may be what I need.  Yet I cannot get farm fresh vegetables and fruits either so I may need Ultimate Defense also.  When you say active culture sugar-free yogurt, do you mean the plain yogurt I can buy in the grocery store?  I would be willing to eat that on a daily basis and get the Ultimate Defense if you thought that would be good.

And one more question (I am sorry to be so chatty my first time on), if I do go with Ultimate Defense, do I need to keep taking Spirulina since they both have "greens" in them?

Thank you so much for your help.

Jardin de papillon

How long you do the yeast treatment really depends on your condition, and your persistence with diet. If you have severe overgrowth symptoms, you may need a six month treatment. If you don't have symptoms like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vaginal infections, Eczema... but just suspect yourself of being too yeasty - then the 20 day treatment is sufficient.

Going off of sugar and yeast products will speed up the cleansing process and give you more success at ridding your body of Candida. There is a lot of good diet information in the various Candida threads on this forum. I suggest searching "Candida" and "Yeast" and reading through this information, as it really covers every possible question.

Yeast Assassin is all natural ingredients. You should be able to take it for at least 6 months- 1 year without side effects if taken according to directions.

Acidophilus Blast is a good daily probiotic. This is what I use, along with drinking kefir smoothies, and kombucha tea.

Yes, plain yogurt at the grocery store would be a good addition to your diet. In my opinion, you can add unsweetened fruit and some natural honey to it to make it more palatable.

The greens in Ultimate Defense are fermented. They are designed to be "food" for the natural bacteria your stomach needs to maintain a healthy environment. In severe Yeast overgrowth the walls of the intestine are breached, as the mycelial yeast "eats" it's way out of the GI tract. This results in Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut. In this situation, you not only need to kill the mycelial yeast, you need to heal the gut and establish colonies of healthy bacteria to defend the gut while it heals. This is where Ultimate Defense is useful. It provides both the good bacteria, and the food they need to help them colonize.
(That was an unscientific description, but as close as I can clearly describe what goes on...)

So Spirulina is a good superfood and detox supplement, but it does not replace the fermented greens in Ultimate Defense. Depending on your condition, you may or may not need Ultimate Defense. TTup Original Blend and Acidophilus Blast may be enough for you.

Hope this helps you on the road to being healthy!

God bless,
Rebekah

Gabriel

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2006, 03:01:39 AM »
I don't know if it will help or not but we tried Threelac.  I think it has helped. Our son has been able to stop many of the medicines he took for allergies.  He is having a flare up but that is due to cold weather and our eating right now.  I just thought that I would mention Threelac because my dr's didn't want to give us Nystatin either. Diflucan was available but it didn't help much. Plus it is horrible for the liver. 

I would suggest trying Threelac at least for a little bit. It's $65 for a 60 count box.  We buy from New Life Vitamins. The lady there was really helpful with all the questions we had about it. 

Hope this helps.

Gabriel

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2006, 05:40:47 AM »
I just thought that I would mention Threelac because my dr's didn't want to give us Nystatin either. Diflucan was available but it didn't help much.
Funny, I asked my doc for some Nystatin about a year ago.  He wouldn't give it to me.  He gave me Lamisil instead.  The Lamisil gave me a nice jump start, but didn't finish the job.  He only gave me enough for 14 days and it cost $150.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2006, 05:02:40 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I haven't written in a while but in my journey to health I've encountered some issues that I'd like to throw in here and see if anybody has input or answers.

I've been doing Yeast Assassin for a couple of months, I have not been able to do the diet very well, although I stay away from white flour and sugar as much as possible.

I have been throwing everything I know of at the candida.  Here is what I'm taking:

Yeast assassin

Bee Propolis

Olive leaf extract

Digestive enzymes

Lactobacillus Sporogenes (it's not a resident bacteria though it does a good job cleaning up)

SuperMom

I've been making kefir to replenish the flora in my gut instead of taking more pills.  

Here's what's happening every night at about 6 I start itching. It often stops between 9 and 10 but sometimes it lasts longer.  I don't know if it's detoxing or if the candida is  trying to take over again.  Should I just buy some probiotics and stop the kefir?  I've heard conflicting ideas on this.  Am I taking to many things?  I'm just trying really hard to get rid of the stuff.  I did it once by accident (I have no clue what happened, or how I did it), but I'm trying to replicate the result somehow.  I've heard about grapefruit seed extract, please help.  Has somebody done this before?  Would the lemon/cayenne tea help or do you have to do the whole diet thing?

Thanks!

It's strange that it happens the same time every night.  Are you sure it's not an allergy of something you're being exposed to at that time of day?

If it's detox, which is possible, I think your best bet is diet change.  You said, you're not doing well on the diet.  If you have a severe case of candida and you continue to feed it sugar, you'll have a hard time winning the battle.  At the very least, you should consider a two week sugar fast.  This diet change would also be beneficial for eliminating a food intolerance as well.

Read this link for more lengthy info on things you need to do, to treat candida.

I Think I have Leaky Gut and/or Candida:  What Now?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:25:09 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!