Author Topic: candida die-off symptom?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline hoping

• Wide Eyed
candida die-off symptom?
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:42:14 AM »
I recently started a candida cleanse using Rainbow Light Candida Cleanse. This is all under the guidance of a nutritionist, so I know what foods & supplements to be taking.

My question is about symptoms of die-off. Around the time I started the cleanse (Mar 2) I also started developing hives. First the outbreak was minor and across my chest. They spread though, and as of today they're across my shoulders, down my back, up the nape of my neck and now are appearing on my upper arms.

This is starting to freak me out, and my husband wants me to stop this cleanse immediately. He thinks I'm having an allergic reaction or bad interaction with lamatrigine.  My nutritionist suggests it may be die-off, but she's never heard of hives being part of it.

Anyone have this experience? If so, how long should I expect this to continue, or is this permanent?  They only really itch when I sweat but I still look like a leper!

thanks for your help!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: candida die-off symptom?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
Hives can definitely be a symptom of die-off. I've experienced them.

I would back off the cleanse and add supportive measures such as B vitamins, vit C, and omega 3s. Make sure your bowels are emptying regularly as that can make it worse. Activated charcoal might also help mop up, and stop the reaction. When you are stabilized you can then go back and try again, or use another cleansing method.