Author Topic: Chlorinated Water  (Read 4249 times)

Offline musicmommy

• Adept
Chlorinated Water
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:07:24 AM »
Do any of you ladies know about chlorinated water?  I know it's beneficial in one way b/c it kills harmful bacteria, but I've heard about the need to remove the chlorine before injesting it or showering in it.  I have a question about water filters b/c the ones I've looked at say... "takes chlorine smell and taste out" but doesn't say it actually removes the chlorine.  If any of you could shed some light on this topic, that'd be great!

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
Re: Chlorinated Water
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 06:11:05 AM »
I believe their is a thread already started on water filters. We use the Berkey light and love it!

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 07:06:57 AM »
Chlorine is very bad for you. I don't know what kind of filter to tell you to get. I know that reverse osmosis is good and a water distiller would also be a good choice if you do lots of cleanses. You do need to get the chlorine out because it is toxic. In the same way it kills bacteria it is going to kill your body. It scars your arteries which in the long run can cause blockages and aneurysms. This is not even touching on the other things in the water like fluoride!!!
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:47:35 AM »
We have a whole house filter that uses the chlorine to kill the bugs and bacteria and then filters out the chlorine afterwards.  It really is more dangerous than the bugs themselves.  Before we had one installed, our children would be beat red after a bath.  I thought my hubby was scalding the children until I figured out later that they were in fact chemical burns from the chlorine.  Each city uses a different amount according to how high the THM's level is.  If it is high, then they use more chlorine.  You could call your water facilities and ask how much is in the water and decide if it is too much for your family.

Offline musicmommy

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:48:12 AM »
Hi
Does the Berkey Light Water Filter remove chlorine too?  I couldn't find where it said it did.  Also, I was wondering what it looks like??  Are there faucet and shower attachments?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 10:20:04 AM »
I know it's beneficial in one way b/c it kills harmful bacteria,

This is true, but chlorine does not discriminate when it comes to bacteria.  It kills the good with the bad, just like antibiotics.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 10:42:40 AM »
Can you tell me what brand of filter you use to filter the entire house.  Does it slow down the house's water pressure.  I'm wanting a house filter to filter all the sinks, showers, etc.  Not just the drinking water.  We have a filter for drinking, but I want a house filter.

EVelyn

Offline arlyn9391

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
Do any of you ladies know about chlorinated water?  I know it's beneficial in one way b/c it kills harmful bacteria, but I've heard about the need to remove the chlorine before injesting it or showering in it.  I have a question about water filters b/c the ones I've looked at say... "takes chlorine smell and taste out" but doesn't say it actually removes the chlorine.  If any of you could shed some light on this topic, that'd be great!

Chlorination is the process of adding the element chlorine to water as a method of water purification to make it fit for human consumption as drinking water. Water which has been treated with chlorine is effective in preventing the spread of disease. Chlorinated Water can kill bacteria.