Author Topic: Makeup  (Read 51258 times)

Offline momofkings

• Adept
Re: Makeup
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2009, 05:51:59 AM »
Could someone who is an Arbonne consultant contact me?  I am interested in learning more about what is in the products and possibly about ordering. 

Thanks,
Jackie

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2009, 12:46:54 AM »
Hi, does anyone here use Aubrey Organics makeup?  Their lotions and other products seem to be pretty natural, and I was thinking about trying their makeup.  You can buy it on LuckyVitamin as well, so that's a bonus.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline hacinta

• Learning
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:36 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but I am just cruising the site.  Now I hate to be a kill joy, but here goes.
I bought the bare minerals foundation powder, then did some research. (go me!) One thing  was negative was the fact you breath in the fine powdery minerals. While they may be natural they are not meant to be inhaled. It is an irritant in the lungs, causing bronchitis and other respiratory ailments.
I have to wear make up for my job and try not to look like a circus clown, the bare minerals gives a very natural glow. Almost sun kissed look, well for me anyway I have med dark skin. I try not to breath in while applying.

Offline eklektikherbs

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2010, 05:44:12 AM »
Mineral makeup is not all natural. It's harmful to your skin. Your best bet is to bbe vegetarian organic makeup. I have never found completely organic makeup in any store, you have to buy it online. For blush, I crush rose petals in a mortar and pestle. Mascara can be made buy mixing activated charcoal powder with water, glycerin, or honey and using a mascara comb found in any drugstore.  ;D

YoopreMama

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:43:10 AM by Yooper »

Offline Beth

• Adept
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 03:09:35 AM »
I'm curious about something....Is there a type of mascara that would be more of a eyelash strengthener? As in something that would help your eyelashes to grow and thicken. I have very thin eyelashes as well as very short. I often have problems getting dust in my eyes easily. Your eyelashes serve this purpose. To catch irritants before they get in your eyes.

I was thinking something along the line of nettle. Nettle helps your hair to grow.....so does anyone know of a product like this?
"discontenment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul." ~ Debi Pearl ~    ...and be content with such things as ye have Hebrews 13:5

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »
I'm curious about something....Is there a type of mascara that would be more of a eyelash strengthener? As in something that would help your eyelashes to grow and thicken. I have very thin eyelashes as well as very short. I often have problems getting dust in my eyes easily. Your eyelashes serve this purpose. To catch irritants before they get in your eyes.

I was thinking something along the line of nettle. Nettle helps your hair to grow.....so does anyone know of a product like this?

Good question Beth.   I would like to know too. 
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
I'm curious about something....Is there a type of mascara that would be more of a eyelash strengthener? As in something that would help your eyelashes to grow and thicken.

I haven't tried this myself, but just saw this product today. It's rather spendy just to get thicker eyelashes, but if you're willing to spend the $80 :o :o, then it might be what you're looking for.

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
My friend Katie shared a link on fb about how to make your own mascara, and it really does work!
1/8 tsp activated charcoal
1/8 tsp aloe vera gel
Mix and apply. Allow about 3-5 min to dry!
The only trouble I had was not getting it to be goopy on the brush.

Offline Jess99

• Learning
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »
here are a few WONDERFUL natural makeup companies that give a great natural alternative to the normal toxic stuff.

~ Cowgirl Dirt (personal favorite) http://www.cowgirldirt.com/
~ Gabriel Organics (ZuZu Luxe [another brand] is a part of this company)http://gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/
~ Pacifica www.pacificabeauty.com

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
Does anyone know any good natural products to remove brown spots off your face?  I had one for years on my left cheek a little above close to under my eye.
Or home remedies would be very helpful.  :-*

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2016, 03:15:00 AM »
Does anyone know any good natural products to remove brown spots off your face?  I had one for years on my left cheek a little above close to under my eye.
Or home remedies would be very helpful.  :-*

Check this thread.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2016, 05:52:33 AM »
I couldn't find anything on it in this thread. I will keep looking though.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:40 AM »
I couldn't find anything on it in this thread. I will keep looking though.
I forgot to paste the link.  I'm sorry.  Here it is.

Check THIS link.
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=1546.0

;D :o
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2016, 10:27:10 AM »
Thank you . Going to order some NOW Castor oil and try that out.  :D