Author Topic: Makeup  (Read 63596 times)

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
Re: Makeup
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »
I heartily second www.littlestuff4u.com!  I use it everyday and my face has never been clearer.  I can put it on in the morning and in the evening it is still in place.  It is actually good for your skin so sleeping with it on is NOT taboo as with so many other products.
I will say the spiel about using THEIR brushes is not a gimmick to make $$.  The difference is incredible.  I was in doubt as to the foundation and blush lasting up to 2 years, but when I saw how little you actually use......... I am a believer now.
I received mine in the mail in Nov. so we will see if it lasts until furlough.  I really do love the way I look and the way my skin feels, if it lasts as long as they say it will I WILL NEVER GO BACK!  :D 8)
Lisa

PS-----Sandra's Minerals has changed to Pure Skin Minerals.  Some of their other stuff has bismuth---------- something I can't remember w/o looking it up, anyway the PSM don't and they have such lovely colors to choose from.     
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:07:39 AM by amazonmama2five »
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline Coco79

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 11:06:47 AM »
Thank you all for the ideas and responses. I decided to order from Monave. the thing is i don't know what mineral powder would look good on my face. But i do like that Monave sells samples for a latina woman in 4 different shades.

coco

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »
Shabbychic, I don't remember which skincare line it was. The boxes were silver/gray if that tells you anything.

My favorite mineral makeup is from www.lumierecosmetics.com

There is no added shipping charge, it is included in the very reasonable product price. Plus she has a standing discount code MMM15 which will give you 15% off your order. The foundation is the best I've ever used and I've probably tried about 10 different brands. It has oat powder in it and I really love it. It is all natural. She does make a liquid that may not be quite as natural. Plus she has extremely reasonable brushes and lip products. Ships quick too.

I started with BE but moved on when I found out that the bismuth was making me itch. Plus I didn't like the parabens in the mineral veil. Lumiere makes a silk finishing powder that keeps me from getting shiny. It is the best. I just found this line two months ago and could not be more pleased.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »
I checked and there are none in Arbonne men's face wash, and 2 listed in the men's shave gel as the third from last and fourth from last ingredients. 

In the ABC baby shampoo the only paraben they have is the plant derived one stated on wikipedia.  Methylparaben is the 6th from last ingredient in the ABC baby lotion.  And propylparaben is the 4th from last ingredient in the ABC body oil.  None are listed in the diaper rash cream, but the only igredient listed is 12% zinc oxide.  That's a little odd...

And Beudreaux's Butt Paste has none.

But I'll still probably discontinue once I run out.  No need in having those.  Thanks for the heads up.
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline kimberlee

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

What do you recommend getting to start with from littlestuff4u? It sounds like everyone who uses this is happy, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on it until I know that I like it.  I am light-skinned and would like a little color. I thought someone said there was a bronzer, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Kim
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:55:03 PM by kimberlee »

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 08:07:34 AM »
Here's a site for safe cosmetics:

http://safecosmetics.org/

And this film makes me want to buy Dove products!!!  I have been yelling this ever since I first opened Photoshop...

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp?id=6909
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 08:48:12 AM »
Quote from: amazonmama2five link=topic=1385.msg53904#msg539
Lisa

PS-----Sandra's Minerals has changed to Pure Skin Minerals.  Some of their other stuff has bismuth---------- something I can't remember w/o looking it up, anyway the PSM don't and they have such lovely colors to choose from.     

Regarding the Sandra minerals~~~she does have a few eye shadows called Whispers that have Bismuth but I don't believe any of the other products do.
The one thing I like about Sandra's so much is that it seems to stay on better than the others.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:11:38 AM by healthybratt »
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Damaris

• Wide Eyed
Re: Makeup(all natural mascara)
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 04:24:39 AM »
A great mascara is from Real Purity.  It's all natural and non-irritating.
People who normally can't wear mascara can wear this one!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »
Hi friends
Just got the neatest email from Sandra on the littlestuff4u site.

I created a coupon code for anyone coming from the WellTellMe site and buying from us for the first time.

They can use coupon code WellTellMe and get 10% off an order of $10 or more.

If they have questions on products they can email me or post on the board.
[/color]

Thanks to all of you who have ordered from Sandra.   I know she really appreciates your business.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:09:30 AM by daisey »

Offline strawberrypeach

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »
Gotta love Burt's Bees too... I always have.

I too love Burt's Bees stuff! I only use their lip shimmer as far as "makeup" by them, but I love their soaps and lotions!

Has anyone ever heard of/used Dechant Sheer Minerals makeup? They have this at the health food store that is right beside where I work. I haven't got any yet as it is on the pricey side, but I am thinking of trying some soon.
Zephaniah 3:17

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »
Burt's Bee's....here's what I've tried in the makeup department.  The tinted moisturizer:  I like the concept and I'm sure the ingredients are fine, but the fragrance was more than I like and I found it a little greasy for my skin, but it might be great for another skin type.

What is the fragance like? A friend recommended www.vitacost.com to me for purchasing Burt's Bees products. I'd like to try their tinted moisturizer, but I like to hear about products from actual customers before I buy them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:24:19 AM by CrimsonRose »

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2007, 06:12:08 AM »
Sorry to be clueless here...Did the price on little stuff 4 u just double over the last few months and now they charge shipping instead of including it, or was I at another site that I can't find listed on this thread anymore?  I was thinking that the makeup was $12 and included shipping but I may have been looking at another site.  I was finally ready to order and now I'm bummed.  Maybe it changed when it changed from Sandra's Stuff???  Do you need a 'skin rever-upper' with her stuff or does it 'stick' well without?  Perhaps the size changed and I didn't check it.  Just wondering if anyone could help me out here.  Thanks!  I'm ready to switch form BE if this stuff is as great as you all say! 

Offline Sunshine06

• Psalm 115
  • Adept
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2007, 06:29:28 AM »
I don't believe the prices have changed (at least, I know they haven't doubled since I first ordered last year). I also paid shipping when I first ordered, so maybe you are thinking of another company. There are a few sizes (sample baggie and trial size) to choose from and unless you're sure you know which color to buy, I would recommend getting a few samples. Her stuff is really great and I've really enjoyed using it. HTH
Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:07 AM »
Sandra has changed her site a little so maybe you weren't looking in the sample section.    She usually has free shipping for orders over $50 but sometimes will run a one day free shipping on any amount.   Also thought I should mention she always includes a sample and for orders over $25 you can pick a free mini.  Check that out under coupons.   One other thing you may not be aware of is that she has a link to post names and if she picks one of the names you submit you get a free mini of that color.   HTH

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
OK!  Found out the info I had must have been from the Mineral Makeup thread.  Forgot there were two threads so much alike.  I'm going to check Mineral Basics, Everyday Minerals and Lumiere.  That may be where I saw it.  I just want to compare apples to apples.  Also, just to ask again...any recommendations on a GOOD kabuki brush.  My BE brush just falls out all over my face and clothes!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
  I just want to compare apples to apples.  Also, just to ask again...any recommendations on a GOOD kabuki brush.  My BE brush just falls out all over my face and clothes!
Sandra at littlestuff has kabuki's   :)

Offline Mrs.Visser

• The Mrs. Visser!!
  • Adept
  • Learn & Live Well!!
    • Growing Up Herbal
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 05:16:29 PM »
I've also tried Burt's Bees, and it too makes my face feel oily. Does anyone know of a natural make up line that's good for you and works with oily skin? A lot of natural makeups also make me breakout because of all the oils in them...even though the oils are beneficial for you. I use Mary Kay right now and I absolutely love it, but I recently heard that the average American woman who uses make up on a daily basis absorbs up to 5 pounds of chemicals a year through her skin. I was shocked. I cleans twice a year, but I still don't want to make it harder on myself!!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:05 AM »
Hi Meagan
I really would suggest mineral makeup.   I use Sandra's Pure Skin Minerals from littlestuff4u.   For oily skin sometimes if you use a light dusting of finishing dust or silk powder under your foundation it will help control the oil.   I have also used Sericite powder under my foundation to keep the minerals from settleing into my little lines.   The minerals are actually good for your skin.  They have a calming affect on sensitive and irritated skin.   Many nights I wear my makeup to bed.   HTH

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2007, 02:52:02 AM »
I ended up getting samples from Mineral Basics and that stuff is great!  It really covers well and my skin looks younger.  I got some emu oil and expected it to make my skin oily but it doesn't.  I have a tendency to get oily in the summer.  I let it soak in 5-10 minutes before I apply the makeup and I'm using less makeup and my skin is looking clearer.  I've always had breakouts and they are almost gone!  My eczema is also better!  I didn't get the finishing powder and I ended up using some that I had from BE so I will order some of that when I place my full size order.  I don't know that I will try the other brands recommended here since this one is working so well.  Anyone got any tips on mascara?  She doesn't carry any and said to use a liquid with one of the colors to brush on lashes.  Anyone have success with this.  I'm ok with a 'less is more' look!

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 07:10:27 AM »
  Anyone got any tips on mascara?  She doesn't carry any and said to use a liquid with one of the colors to brush on lashes. 
Try www.realpurity.com They have an all natural mascara, that is FABULOUS! I am really picky about mascaras because my eyes are sensitive, AND I like a full, luscious lash look. Real Purity's mascara meets my requirements! ;D
Proud helpmeet of an United States Air Force officer!

Continually striving for excellence as defined in Proverbs 31!

Offline Mrs.Visser

• The Mrs. Visser!!
  • Adept
  • Learn & Live Well!!
    • Growing Up Herbal
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
I ended up getting samples from Mineral Basics and that stuff is great!  It really covers well and my skin looks younger.  I got some emu oil and expected it to make my skin oily but it doesn't.  I have a tendency to get oily in the summer.  I let it soak in 5-10 minutes before I apply the makeup and I'm using less makeup and my skin is looking clearer.  I've always had breakouts and they are almost gone!  My eczema is also better!  I didn't get the finishing powder and I ended up using some that I had from BE so I will order some of that when I place my full size order.  I don't know that I will try the other brands recommended here since this one is working so well.  Anyone got any tips on mascara?  She doesn't carry any and said to use a liquid with one of the colors to brush on lashes.  Anyone have success with this.  I'm ok with a 'less is more' look!

Hey, I got some samples too in order to match up colors. I also got the small sizes in the concealer. I love the stuff! It covers well, and I don't get oily! Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of dark undereye circles for good without hiding them with makeup??

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 02:50:03 AM »
I think I passed a thread on this once...try a search for under eye circles!

Offline mandmmommy

• Learning
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 02:56:42 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for help finding your right color?  I have ordered samples twice from Lumiere.  I still haven't found the right color.  I seem to look pale and it doesn't cover the redness from the rosacea (I have flushed cheeks.) 

This weird too.  I had a bad skin reaction this spring.  I have been using a Eucerin with SPF as moisturizer and the powder for foundation.  When I use one or other by itself my face feels fine, but when I wear them together my face burns.  Any insight?   I am at a loss what to do for my skin.  I really don't want to use yucky chemicals on my face.  But I have also tried other natural orangic products that cause burning and itching.  It seems like nothing works anymore and I am afraid to use anything.  Sorry if this doesn't belong here. 

M&M

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 03:47:48 AM »
At Mineral Basics you can get samples with a better description than most.  You can also add some other multi-use colors to change it to your color.  That works great for different times of the year when you are more tan than others.  She has a color called 'contour' (I believe) that might work well without making you red.  I would by the sample to add to the regular size foundation to correct a small amount.  That is what is so wonderful about these mineral powders.  You can correct them yourself if you buy the wrong thing and Chandy would probably give you tips if you email her.  She has been very quick to respond and helpful for me.  I would also recommend her emu oil for a moisturizer.  I was amazed at how nicely it went on and no itchies!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for help finding your right color?  I have ordered samples twice from Lumiere.  I still haven't found the right color.  I seem to look pale and it doesn't cover the redness from the rosacea (I have flushed cheeks.) 

This weird too.  I had a bad skin reaction this spring.  I have been using a Eucerin with SPF as moisturizer and the powder for foundation.  When I use one or other by itself my face feels fine, but when I wear them together my face burns.  Any insight?   I am at a loss what to do for my skin.  I really don't want to use yucky chemicals on my face.  But I have also tried other natural orangic products that cause burning and itching.  It seems like nothing works anymore and I am afraid to use anything.  Sorry if this doesn't belong here. 

M&M
Guess I don't have any insight on the skin reaction, sorry.   I'm not familiar with the Lumiere but if it has Bismuth in it that could be causing a problem.
Sandra at littlestuff4u is really great about helping get the right color.   Just write and tell her what color you usually wear or describe your skin tone and she will help any way she can.
HTH

Offline mandmmommy

• Learning
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:00 AM »
Thanks.  I will do that.  I am prety sure there was nothing extra in Lumiere.  I ordered from them because the cost to ship is included in the price and you can get a 15% discount on every order.  Do you think I could be allergic to the kaubauki brush?

M&M

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 02:12:33 PM »
Thanks.  I will do that.  I am prety sure there was nothing extra in Lumiere.  I ordered from them because the cost to ship is included in the price and you can get a 15% discount on every order.  Do you think I could be allergic to the kaubauki brush?

M&M
I suppose that might be possible.   Is it a natural bristle brush?   Have you washed it ever?   The Bismuth isn't really extra~~~it is just an ingredient that some places use in their makeup and others don't.  I haven't looked at Lumiere to see if they have it or not.   
Sorry I'm not more help.   If you do try something from littlestuff4u try a sample or $1 baggie then you would know if it will work for you.   

Offline beaunky

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
I LOVE BARE MINERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My skin used to break out all the time, and I tried EVERYTHING. I also had extremely oily skin. I attribute my clear complexion to this stuff. It is so lightweight, so natural looking, my husband LOVES it. He doesn't mind me spending a bit more, because it makes THAT MUCH of a difference. (you can also get good deals on ebay ;D) I have slowly, bit by bit added to my collection. I started with the "foundation" and the mineral veil, then added the blush and am now using the eye makeup as well. ITS WORTH IT!

Offline happyhomemaker

• happyhomemaker
  • Adept
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »
Another option for less $$, if the Bare Minerals stuff cost to much  is a brand that Target sells: Physicians formula. This is talc free and fragrance free product. I have used this for my oily skin without problems. Love their mascara too---it's great if you wear contacts too! I've had the foundation powder for a year, and I haven't even used half of it.  ;D I'll never go back to the "regular" style makeup, this is just too easy!  :D
Happyhomemaker :)

Offline Mrs.Visser

• The Mrs. Visser!!
  • Adept
  • Learn & Live Well!!
    • Growing Up Herbal
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 11:10:20 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if mineral makeup causes you to absorb the minerals through your skin. I mean, you absorb the chemicals from regular makeup, so I figured that you may absorb a lot of minerals from mineral makeup. Would this have any negative effects on you as far as absorbing too many minerals???