Author Topic: Looking for suggestions for coloring hair!  (Read 3094 times)

Offline NancyPrevatt

• Wide Eyed
Looking for suggestions for coloring hair!
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »
I just used Beautiful Hair (dark) for the first time.  I liked how it made my hair feel after drying.  It is mentioned that it is just a treatment and for highlights not dying hair.  I have sensitivities to hair dye but after so many years it is something I have to keep up.  So I am looking for something more natural to use.  My hair is dark but the further down the roots you go it gets lighter and brassy.  I would like for it to all be dark.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks ~~Nancy

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Looking for suggestions for coloring hair!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
The things I know of to color hair naturally are henna, coffee and indigo.  I'd google these to see if it's something you'd want. 

I personally use henna RED, but you'd most likely have to mix henna with  indigo or coffee in order to get a darker color.

You can buy premixed hennas in different colors.

Henna will not bleach your color out and turn it red.  It will lay a red color over your existing color.  If your hair is black, the result will be black with a red shimmer or you may get no color change at all.  If your hair is brown, you'll most likely get dark brilliant auburn.  If your hair is blonde, you'll get orange - think Lucille Ball.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
Re: Looking for suggestions for coloring hair!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
Do u brew the coffee first and mix in the henna?  Or just mix in the grounds?  Love the henna!
Regular store bought color just thins out my hair.  I am guilty of using it the past 2 times last year and once this year.
Never again . Back to the henna!!  :-*