Author Topic: Help! What is going on with me??  (Read 5181 times)

Offline bizymum

• Adept
Help! What is going on with me??
« on: December 13, 2007, 04:25:28 AM »
I really need some "sisterly insight"!
  For over a week I have felt very "heavy" in my pelvis.  I really thought I was going to start a cycle, but so far I have not.  I haven't had a cycle in over 5 years due to pregnancies and nursing.  So, I'm not even sure what to expect anymore.  My baby is 13 months old and still nurses 5-6 times a day.  I've been a little more emotional/moody this week too.  Its driving me nuts!  If a cycle is on the way I'd rather get it over with, especially before going to visit my in-laws over the holidays!   :o  I've got some Evening Primrose Oil that I took at the end of my last pregnancy, would that be good to take now?  Any help/insight would be appreciated!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:32:43 AM by bizymum »

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
Re: Help! What is going on with me??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 04:57:07 AM »
Have you taken a pregnancy test? One of the first signs of pregnancy I get is a heavy full feeling.
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 04:57:33 AM »
Evening Primrose and Red Raspberry always help me with my cycles, so it definitely wouldn't hurt.  You can drink red raspberry tea or take capsules or tinctures.

I started my cycle back before 13 months, even when my babies were nursing a lot, so I would say that starting your cycle could definitely be what is happening.

How many children do you have?  The reason I ask is because I am currently in the middle of dealing with a prolapse.  The main symptom I have is the feeling of having to pee all the time, but I could definitely describe the way I feel as a "heaviness" sometimes.

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 05:09:38 AM »
I haven't taken a pregnancy test...yet...but I'm starting to wonder if I should.  Although, I usually feel tired and nauseas a few weeks before I feel any other symptoms....I have 5 children right now, and my last cycle was between my 2nd and 3rd babies.  I do have some Red Raspberry tea, I think I'll go make a cup....thanks!

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
End of the day update:
I've taken EPO and RRL tea.  I've got some major cramps and soreness "down there" as well as in my lower back.  Feels alot like having just had a baby...But I don't think it was caused by the EPO and RRL tea, I think its just how the day has progressed.  My husband is going to pick up a pregnancy test on his way home....so we'll see what that says.  I really don't think I'm pregnant, I'm thinking my body is just really out of whack from not having a cycle in so long.  Thanks for listening to me..... :-\

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 03:23:53 AM »
The pregnancy test was negative.  I've got mixed emotions about that...I was relieved (because of timing, I'd like a wait a little longer), but also a little disappointed.... :-\
Still feeling funny.  Today I'm achey and my throat hurts a little.  I feel like I'm starting to fall apart!!  Hubby and I are supposed to go on a date tonight, I hope I feel up to it!  Thanks for listening to my drama..... :P

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 03:45:58 AM »
Bizy,

I hope you get this figured out and start feeling better!

Em

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »
If the heaviness is not from another pregnancy and it is not from impacted and or constipated bowels then perhaps it could be from endometrosis and or uterine fibroids?  I know those 2 things made me feel heavy down there.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:14:24 AM »
You know, bizy, if I had plans I was looking forward to for the next couple of weeks, that would be the time my cycle would start! 

I went many years without a cycle due to pregnancies and nursing, and I remember feeling 'full' or 'heavy' right before my cycles started again.  I wouldn't be surprised if you post that information tomorrow morning. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 03:51:14 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  Now I feel fine!??!  No more heaviness, cramps, achiness....and no period!  BUT, now I've lost my voice.  Go figure!  I'm looking into the fibroids thing, and definately asking God for wisdom!! 

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 05:30:27 AM »
Well, I wanted to post an update, just in case anyone else experiences something similar and wants to know how it all turned out.
I started my period while at my in-laws (you were right, blessed).  I'm hoping that from here on out they'll be less intense, but I guess we'll see.   :-\

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »
Well, I wanted to post an update, just in case anyone else experiences something similar and wants to know how it all turned out.
I started my period while at my in-laws (you were right, blessed).  I'm hoping that from here on out they'll be less intense, but I guess we'll see.   :-\

I've done that a couple of times when I was ovulating for the first time since pregnancy.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.