Author Topic: Baby Carrier/Sling Recommendations  (Read 49573 times)

YoopreMama

Re: Baby Carrier/Sling Recommendations
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2008, 02:53:43 PM »
I've been using the Maya pouch for the past 2 babies and I may have JUST figured out that I was wearing the top part too low on my shoulder.  ::)  Most of the band is now above my shoulder--baby is higher--and there's no slipping--very comfortable.

I've been fiddling w/ the Ergo and its insert, too, and it gets better.  Trying to see how high he should be--where his head falls in proprortion to my chest...where the neck strap is positioned...all these little things add up to more comfort when one fiddles enough.  :)

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »
I really want to get an ergo but heard they don't work if you are short. :-\ 

I am 5ft 1/2 in   Am I to short? ::)

I am not sure....I stand 5'3" and just cannot seem to get my ERGO to fit comfortably. I have a hip injury, so maybe that is affecting it? I just feel like I can never get the waist strap tight enough or positioned correctly. I also have a problem with not being able to tighten the shoulder straps enough! :( My 10 month old baby always feels like he is going to fall out  :o because I can't get the straps tight enough so he is always hanging away from me. (I can tighten the straps until there is only about 3 inches of strap left to tighten, baby starts complaining about getting squished at that point.) This is definitely more comfortable than my padded ring sling and I tried two different sizes of those! ::) Maybe I will try a Moby wrap next  :P :-[

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
I really want to get an ergo but heard they don't work if you are short. :-\ 

I am 5ft 1/2 in   Am I to short? ::)

I think it depends on  your body type.  I'm 5' 2.75" and I prefer my Ergo to anything else I've tried.  I have a maya and a infantino and both of them have my back and shoulders aching within an hour or so.  My ergo I can wear all day... but my little is only 6 months and 14lbs...

You can adjust where the front strap sits so you can lift it higher to lay above your breasts if you aren't super *perky*  ;)  .  I think it may be less comfortable for people who have a short torso though.  I'm pretty proportionate...  My friend who has a super long torso and shortish legs loves the ergo too, but I can see where a short torso and an ergo may not get along as well....
HTH's
D&L

Offline HOMEFree

• Adept
    • Spark This Marriage - Christian marriage & romance boutique
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2008, 03:28:16 AM »
I think it depends on  your body type.  I'm 5' 2.75" and I prefer my Ergo to anything else I've tried.  I have a maya and a infantino and both of them have my back and shoulders aching within an hour or so.  My ergo I can wear all day... but my little is only 6 months and 14lbs...

You can adjust where the front strap sits so you can lift it higher to lay above your breasts if you aren't super *perky*  ;)  .  I think it may be less comfortable for people who have a short torso though.  I'm pretty proportionate...  My friend who has a super long torso and shortish legs loves the ergo too, but I can see where a short torso and an ergo may not get along as well....
HTH's
D&L

I also agree that the Ergo is the only wrap I can wear without pain in an hour or so.
I also can wear the Ergo all day!!! I love that!

Let me also say that I can wear my Ergo even while pregnant.  ;D With a two year old in it. WOW!

Offline hgoodman

• Learning
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2008, 08:55:54 AM »

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
I just heard about this contest http://www.alongfortheride.biz/contest-s/49.htmt on another board I am on and I thought it sounded pretty awesome. It would be such an amazing way to try out different carriers!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2008, 04:40:28 AM »
Bump, the Sling Sweepstakes post(s) were merged with this thread.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »
I wanted to add that I purchased a Hotsling from Alongfortheride and they had better prices than the Hotsling site.

I love baby slings!!  I like the hotsling because it folds up nicely and fits into a diaper bag.  Also, the fabric chioices are great!  But, my favorite sling ever is the Ergo!  I did not get one until my fourth baby, but I would not have survived without it.  I use it often, if not daily!  For some reason, she wants to be cuddled at exactly the same time that I need to fix dinner.  The Ergo holds her very securely on my back so that both my hands are free to cook with.  Also, my body is between her and the stove.  I love it!  Instead of having a shrieking child, we have bonding time while I fix supper.  We would all be very hungry if I did not have that sling!! ;)

I am only 5'2'', and the Ergo is my favorite carrier ever.